Closed Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 744

Thread: *Whole World Mod* Bug Reports

  1. #21
    Field Marshal spirto's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,672
    to reproduce that bug you need to:
    1) start up a game
    2) save it
    3) exit back to main menu
    4) go into singleplayer
    5) load up your save

    it will then automatically crash. Every single time without failure
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

    Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    —Oscar Wilde

    Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    —Unknown Author

  2. #22
    it also works if you load up the save, go back to main menu and load that save again. though i think this sisnt much of a hindrance if you work with the mod often and get into the habit of restarting.

  3. #23
    General t0m's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    WWM prov-2091
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    MonMarty may have plans regarding this.
    Not that I know of.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

    I have done my task, yay me!"

    Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

  4. #24
    F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

    83

    200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Posts
    21,534
    Blog Entries
    9
    If i can bring my input... In MEIOU, i recentely had the "crash on very single save reload". After countless hours of search, with the help of the oh so great Scenario Editor, i found the solution : an error in the csv file holding the nation names. This lead to "War of "Hadramautian Aggression", or things like that. Asimple extra " causedthe game to crash.

    i have no idea if this it the cause of your crash, but i thought i'd let you know of what i experienced.

    Good luck
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

    Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

    M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by t0m
    Not that I know of.
    im conjuring up a plan with the bourbon restoration/ French Republic though i have to see whats gonna become of it.

  6. #26
    General t0m's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    WWM prov-2091
    Posts
    1,723
    You could create; 'The Kingdom of France' for before 1789, and then after that, Rev. France and after 1814, 1815, you could use 'France' except it has a Tricolour.
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

    I have done my task, yay me!"

    Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

  7. #27
    General t0m's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    WWM prov-2091
    Posts
    1,723
    Found another little bug, When Italy Forms you get a core on Moray Firth, so far in the IN versions of the WWM Moray Firth has always had something to do with Italy
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

    I have done my task, yay me!"

    Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by spirto
    to reproduce that bug you need to:
    1) start up a game
    2) save it
    3) exit back to main menu
    4) go into singleplayer
    5) load up your save

    it will then automatically crash. Every single time without failure
    That's what I had figured since I had the same results on a few games. However when I tried to reproduce the results in a copy of the mod, clean start, etc. I couldn't make the bug appeared, even via those steps above. I tried multiple countries, multiple time periods. I had encountered what MonMarty mentioned also, and tried that; still nothing; i finally crashed it by bringing my save file from the other copy over. I'll try some things on the csv as Gigau mentioned. I'm just in a troubleshooting mood right now for some reason.

  9. #29
    Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau
    If i can bring my input... In MEIOU, i recentely had the "crash on very single save reload". After countless hours of search, with the help of the oh so great Scenario Editor, i found the solution : an error in the csv file holding the nation names. This lead to "War of "Hadramautian Aggression", or things like that. Asimple extra " causedthe game to crash.

    i have no idea if this it the cause of your crash, but i thought i'd let you know of what i experienced.

    Good luck
    Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

    Get it HERE!

  10. #30
    General orwell's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,224
    Blog Entries
    8
    Doesn't this need an OR = in it, or does it work fine the way it is?

    Code:
    province_event = {
    
    	id =  20000
    	trigger = {
    		trade_goods = iron
    		trade_goods = grain
    		citysize = 10000			
    	}
    Even an ignorant, paranoid, cowardly, ugly, corrupt, unsociable, aristocratic thug can conquer large parts of the world, kill thousands of people and be celebrated as the saviour of the Republic.

  11. #31
    Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by orwell
    Doesn't this need an OR = in it, or does it work fine the way it is?

    Code:
    province_event = {
    
    	id =  20000
    	trigger = {
    		trade_goods = iron
    		trade_goods = grain
    		citysize = 10000			
    	}
    Yes, that probably should have an OR in it. What event is that? And thanks for noticing!
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

    Get it HERE!

  12. #32
    General orwell's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,224
    Blog Entries
    8
    It's in the new events file. No problem, I was just reading through the file to see what's been added.
    Even an ignorant, paranoid, cowardly, ugly, corrupt, unsociable, aristocratic thug can conquer large parts of the world, kill thousands of people and be celebrated as the saviour of the Republic.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap
    There's no way to change the flag aside from changing the country tag. MonMarty may have plans regarding this.
    to use less tags, you can just make revolutionary France after the february revolution. that is just "recycling" old tags, and makes the game run smoother!

    NOTE!!!: everyone is NOT gonna declare war on you because your tag is RFR... they declare war on you, when you get a special tag from an event called the revolutionary tag. Revolutionary France is just a country and everyone will only try to destroy you, when you use that tag.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinjerro
    to use less tags, you can just make revolutionary France after the february revolution. that is just "recycling" old tags, and makes the game run smoother!

    NOTE!!!: everyone is NOT gonna declare war on you because your tag is RFR... they declare war on you, when you get a special tag from an event called the revolutionary tag. Revolutionary France is just a country and everyone will only try to destroy you, when you use that tag.
    still there are fundamental diffrences between rev france and the french republic, the flag being one. they both share the tricolore but diffrent colors (the rev flag is much darker) next to the diffrent policy and government.

    every france between 1789 and 1870 will be rev france (exlcuding the restoration ofcourse which will be K. of France) everything after 1870 will be the french republic. this is already compact seeing wed otherwise end up with 2 empires, 3 republics, 1 revolutionary state and 2 kingdoms.

    i personally was very buggered about the blue fleur de lis flag in the renaissance whilst it was definately blanc fleur de lis. (next to the fact that the white one is much cooler) im gonna be sure to implement this but same as before, medieval and "modern france" as historians call it are fundamentaly very diffrent, as france evolved to one of the most centralised states in europe.

    also a certain arguement people seem to use: france revolting from kingdom of france, wonder have you ever seen england revolt from great britain? i myself can say that i have never seen that in all the time that i played eu3. if the countries share the same primary culture and the cores are properly replaced there is no chance of nationalists even if the RR were 30%
    Last edited by MonMarty; 14-09-2008 at 17:24.

  15. #35
    Major r6mile's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    576
    That's not true. I've seen Champagne revolters (which have Cosmopolitaine culture). It's just not common, but it can happen.
    Contributor to the Whole World Mod
    - mainly national formation decisions


    AAR's:
    Icelandic Empire: how far can it reach?: a Whole World Mod 3.2 AAR
    Gernikako Arbola: A Navarran AAR: IN 3.0 - abandoned
    Canada's struggle for Independence: NA 2.2 - abandoned

  16. #36
    Captain Azog's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengoku

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dearborn, MI USA
    Posts
    429
    I have seen England revolt from Great Britian in IN. But only in the new world so maybe the changes in the 3.1 patch will stop that.

  17. #37

    WholeWorld starting problems

    Hello !

    Thanks for a great Mod !!
    I have the IN-version 3.11

    As the title shows - I have now starting problems.Until Yesterday,everything worked fine.Today it wont go further than the starting "paintings" where it shows the Creating maps,borders trees etc.......then the screen goes in black...and windows error message pops up telling me eu3.exe has starting problems....

    Can You please help me?

    (oh..Yes...I downloaded today the new pretrial of the new update(3.1) from Johan)

    Kind Regards

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by r6mile
    That's not true. I've seen Champagne revolters (which have Cosmopolitaine culture). It's just not common, but it can happen.
    well then we have to figure out why england almost never revolts from GB and why champagne for example does. but generally speaking in normal conditions, those countries wont revolt (unless you have the tendancy to destroy your nation on purpose) these chances are however neglegible compared to other bugs in the mod.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty
    still there are fundamental diffrences between rev france and the french republic, the flag being one. they both share the tricolore but diffrent colors (the rev flag is much darker) next to the diffrent policy and government.

    every france between 1789 and 1870 will be rev france (exlcuding the restoration ofcourse which will be K. of France) everything after 1870 will be the french republic. this is already compact seeing wed otherwise end up with 2 empires, 3 republics, 1 revolutionary state and 2 kingdoms.

    i personally was very buggered about the blue fleur de lis flag in the renaissance whilst it was definately blanc fleur de lis. (next to the fact that the white one is much cooler) im gonna be sure to implement this but same as before, medieval and "modern france" as historians call it are fundamentaly very diffrent, as france evolved to one of the most centralised states in europe.

    also a certain arguement people seem to use: france revolting from kingdom of france, wonder have you ever seen england revolt from great britain? i myself can say that i have never seen that in all the time that i played eu3. if the countries share the same primary culture and the cores are properly replaced there is no chance of nationalists even if the RR were 30%
    Yes, I know much of the fundamental differences between Revolutionary France and the Republic of France. I love French history!! In fact, I love (nearly) all kinds of history. But from a modders perspective, the many new tags can slow the game down, and WWM adds lots of new tags. So to save the performance of the game, many just say what the heck, and put in something only slightly or non historical. So it was just a proposition to make the game run smoother...

    But it's good we have history experts like you

  20. #40
    General t0m's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    WWM prov-2091
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinjerro
    Yes, I know much of the fundamental differences between Revolutionary France and the Republic of France. I love French history!! In fact, I love (nearly) all kinds of history. But from a modders perspective, the many new tags can slow the game down, and WWM adds lots of new tags. So to save the performance of the game, many just say what the heck, and put in something only slightly or non historical. So it was just a proposition to make the game run smoother...

    But it's good we have history experts like you
    Didn't we have this same argument a couple of months ago?
    And Martijn isn't a history expert .
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

    I have done my task, yay me!"

    Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts