• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribed!

Demon1 said:
I suggest a mixed army. All cavalry armies lose morale too quicly an all infantry dont do much damage. So a good balance is needed

I find that later in the game, when infantry gets stonger, the balance is of less importance. Then you need all cavalry to pounce on smaller enemies before they can do any damage (rebels, or an enemy creating new regiments)

Urcules said:
I find that later in the game, when infantry gets stonger, the balance is of less importance. Then you need all cavalry to pounce on smaller enemies before they can do any damage (rebels, or an enemy creating new regiments)

True but later in the game infantry is required to do fire rounds as cavalry has little fire damage. So infantry is still required in an army that is made to battle the enemys main forces but for a different reason. While you should still have some all cavalry armies.

Demon1 said:
True but later in the game infantry is required to do fire rounds as cavalry has little fire damage. So infantry is still required in an army that is made to battle the enemys main forces but for a different reason. While you should still have some all cavalry armies.

In my Vinland game I mostly have infantry armies. I totally agree with you. :)