• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
klublogo.gif

Kokkedal Golf club (yes, i know it. It looks ugly!)
fk_1999r.gif

Falkland islands

I was just wondering how busy are the wonderful flag designers we have on hand here?

I ask because I have a special request for a complete shield and flag set. However, because the flag is completely fictional and made up, I have no way to give you a picture to make a shield from. I have about zero drawing talent of my own, so I can't draw it myself.

What I could do is give a complete description of it in words to whoever feels they can draw it. It wouldnt involve complicated drawing (just diagonal crosses, white diamonds, and basic blues, reds, and whites). However, I know the flag crew is quite busy, and if this would be too much trouble, I will just ask again at a better time.

Originally posted by VultureGFF
Well for the moment they are quite busy, especially Birger Jarl...

that's right, working as fast as i can, however i feel that my site might be obsolete now...

Originally posted by Adler
We have noticed that. When will the new site be up ?

i thought i'd make it this week, but i'm almost remaking 200 shields so it's pretty hectic right now...
if everythings goes well it will probably get ready this weekend.
gotta get a life after that. :)

Originally posted by Adler
I can understand that. :) Take a brake from all shield making, and do something else.

yeah you're probably right. :)

Originally posted by Birger Jarl

i thought i'd make it this week, but i'm almost remaking 200 shields so it's pretty hectic right now...
if everythings goes well it will probably get ready this weekend.
gotta get a life after that. :)

Slow down....take it easy....enjoy life......and shieldmaking...don´t make it a full-time profession...;)

Btw, how do you cut one shield from a set to put on a website (like you did Birger?)

first you open the shield that you want, mark the area you want to use and press IMAGE - CROP

PICONWEB.gif

now it should look something like this:

PICONWEB_2.gif

choose the MAGIC WAND TOOL to remove the background so it looks like this. :)

PICONWEB3.gif

now you have to save it, goto FILE - SAVE FOR WEB
after that this window will pop up, adjust the COLORS from 64 - 128. The more colors you choose the better will the pic look but it will take longer to load.... So choose either 64 or 128.

PICONWEB4.gif

when you have saved it you just have to upload it on your website.

btw, the shield is the the Cubas coat of arms dating from 1516, i'm not sure if it was used until the revolution in 1895

good luck! :)

Last edited:
Hmmm Birger? Why are your pics shown and mine not? We both use geocities

that's weird, don't know what's wrong...

shield_golf.gif

works fine from my site. :)

Last edited: