• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by BarristerBoy
flag.jpg

It is (hopefully) fairly simple - it is just the coat of arms on a blue background.
Simple in design, yet complex in form. I'm afraid the flag's more than I can handle, unless you can point out an already-existing flag with the right shape that I can recolor for you.

It seems Birger Jarl's beat me to your Coat of Arms, also. I'll assume he'll get you the complete set around the same time as he makes his others public, so I won't step on his toes. Besides, his shields look a lot prettier than mine tend to. :)

Wow, all these shields are so incredible...

I'm surprised, though, that there is no European Union shield to be found anywhere (I might be partially blind though - that's what I'll blame on if there actually is one;)).

Originally posted by Korath

Likewise, and thank you kindly.Unfortunately, the relief's not going to last - I'm going to be working twelve-hour days for the next week and a half.

noooo... :(

Originally posted by Onslaught
I'm surprised, though, that there is no European Union shield to be found anywhere
Find a graphic on the net (I seem to recall stumbling across one on Flags of the World, but am of course too lazy to go find it again) and post it here, and I or someone else will get to it.

Simple in design, yet complex in form. I'm afraid the flag's more than I can handle, unless you can point out an already-existing flag with the right shape that I can recolor for you.

It seems Birger Jarl's beat me to your Coat of Arms, also. I'll assume he'll get you the complete set around the same time as he makes his others public, so I won't step on his toes. Besides, his shields look a lot prettier than mine tend to. :)

Korath,

If I understand you correctly, in order to create the Alberta flag you'd need a pre-existing EU2 flag with the same design, being a solid background with a shield in the middle?

I'll take a look, both at the in-game flags and the custom sites out there, and see if I can find anything.

Thank you very much for your help,

BarristerBoy

Originally posted by BarristerBoy
If I understand you correctly, in order to create the Alberta flag you'd need a pre-existing EU2 flag with the same design, being a solid background with a shield in the middle?
That's right, pretty much. The greater the color contrast, the better. Bosnia and Ragusa are about as close as I can think of, and the shields on those are all wrong. (Furthermore, the Ragusa shield is very close in color to the background, so it'd be awful hard to pick it out.)

Txini, here are your shield sets:
Aragon-Navarre and Aragon-Sicile.

From the "How did I ever miss that?" department, I noticed about half an hour ago that MKJ's template doesn't automagically set the last shield on the right to grayscale, and so all my shield sets needed to be redone. The old links should now point to the new sets. As for the template, well, I've created a layer in the file that takes care of the grayscale, but the last time I tried, the Gimp exported subtly corrupt psd's, and I no longer have access to Photoshop to test them with. Anyone else who uses his (otherwise excellent) template will want to make sure to fix this minor shortcoming also.

what? I just looked at it, yes it does! :p

what version of photoshop are you using?

Originally posted by Mad King James
what version of photoshop are you using?
Gimp 1.2.3.

I'm seeing five layers in template-large.psd - Silvershield-backing, Goldshield-backing, Shading Multiply layer, Specularity Layer, and Holland. Template-small.psd has Pink backing, Specularity layer, Shading Layer, Extra Shading layer, and Holland. Is the psd importation plug-in dropping layers?

yes it is... there's also a "grey out" layer, but it's an adjustment layer, so I suppose since it can't support it it just tosses it out?