• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am currently working on a custom scenario, and I need both a shield and flag for Mig, a custom nation I created. The coat of arms are shown below:

Coat of Arms of Mig

(when you click on the link, your browser may ask you if you want to open it or save it to a disk. Choose the open option to see the coat of arms.)

Do you have a bmp version of that? That would be easier to make. where did you find that shield btw? (a website?)

As for the shield, I designed it myself with a program called blazon95. Unfortunely though, I don't have a bmp version of it.

Irish blue flag

Can some of you draw an Irish flag with blue background, please?
Like this:

ie_pres.gif

I'd like to use it with this shield by Leprechaun:
irlblau.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Big Angry Jimmy
I do belive you'll find those both on Leprachaun's site.

I know there is the shield of Uk, but.... I dislike it! It is a very low resolution shield, see:

engroy.gif

Instead there isn't any blue Irish flag in the sites of Leprechaun, Birger Jarl, Txini, etc.

I like the greenie flag, just too irish for me :D I made a uk shield it is in my site, here is an image( I wait you can watch it, I'm having some problems with da server)
gbr.gif

Originally posted by Wido

I know there is the shield of Uk, but.... I dislike it! It is a very low resolution shield

Eh... You are asking for a lot I think... you have to get low resolution if you want to cram all that into a little shield...

Originally posted by Havard
Eh... You are asking for a lot I think... you have to get low resolution if you want to cram all that into a little shield...

As you can see, this shield, and many others, by Leprechaun (thanks to him for his very good shields and flags!) is more accurate:

engl4.gif

Originally posted by Wido
Instead there isn't any blue Irish flag in the sites of Leprechaun, Birger Jarl, Txini, etc.
That's because a blue Irish flag would be even less accurate than the current green one.

My research on the web hasn't turned up anything at all for an Irish flag before the English colonial period; the harp on blue arms are apparently arms only. The green flag that Paradox chose, though it seems not to have been used for more than the county of Leinster before the end of the 18th century, is as good as any other.

Hmmm

Sorry Boys, I don't have time left to re-design my shields with 24-bit color, but I think Birger, Mad King and Korath are doing a hell of a work, so my "skills" aren't necessary any more....;) But hey thanks for still using my 8-bit stuff :D :D ;)