• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Petrarca

YeeeeHAAAAAAAAA! Although I have a little trouble making out the star (I can find something wrong with everyhting, even sliced bread;) ), this is marvelous. Thank you very kindly.
HH_0308%20Stetson%20Rancher.jpg

I'm going to go out and get Photoshop now.:)

is this better? :)

TEXAS.gif
Before
TEXAS_1.gif
After

Aetius, BarristerBoy, and anyone else planning on making a request: do you want full shield sets, or just single images? Making the small set (which shows up in CoTs, on the zoomed-out trade map, and so on) is actually twice the work of the large set, since one of the shields on it is a different size. If you're only looking for a vanity image or avatar or such, I can get through these literally three times as fast as full sets. If, on the other hand, you do want the full set, let me know which three-letter tag to use (e.g., BRZ for Brazil) when packaging the zip file if it's not a standard or AoN country.

I can also do simple (perhaps I'd better emphasize that: simple) flags - really just recoloring existing patterns. See my page for the sort of stuff I can handle. Anyway, if you want I should make the attempt, please be sure to say so. :)

We also need flag & shield for Costa Rica Korath... Check this page. Not sure which one to pic. Maybe last one as it lasted the longest.

http://www.readysoft.es/flags/costaric.htm#cr1
Costa Rica

pe-two.gif

Peru... Only need this as a shield. Already have good flag

Originally posted by Wasa
Maybe we could split the requests thread in three...?

I. Full sets

II. Large shield set

III. The odd-avatar-for-fun
I don't think this is really necessary if the requester is sure to say which he wants; the same skills are used to make all three.

It might be productive to split off a second thread for requesting flags - making a flag is quite different from making a shield, and I can easily see the request-fillers (odd to be one of those, for a change) not wanting to wade through the kind that they can't do. On the other hand, often it's the same image you want made into both a flag and a shield set, and it's certainly easier on me to see these in the same place if I'm capable of making the flag at all.

My own preference, if I was divvying up the thread:

1. Shields and Flags for nations with none at all (as in AoN and similar projects)

2. Alternate Shields and Flags for nations that already have graphics (like MKJ's alternate Hungary, Kazan, etc sets)

3. Shields and Flags for non-general use (football teams, NYPD, Klingons, custom avatars)

and maybe

4. Tricksy stuff from all of the above that's gone for some time due without a satisfactory graphic due to difficulty. I see this being used more for flags than for shields.

Originally posted by VultureGFF
We also need flag & shield for Costa Rica Korath... Check this page. Not sure which one to pic. Maybe last one as it lasted the longest.
That was my thinking, also. I'm certainly not going to be able to do the flag with the CoA on it; and, annoyingly, I can't think of a flag offhand with either five or six evenly-spaced horizontal bars for me to scavenge for a version without the CoA. I'll look through the flag dir.

On top of that, the shield in the CoA's going to be annoying to isolate, though I'll certainly be able to do a shield with the full CoA and with the blue, white, and red bars in the background.
Peru... Only need this as a shield. Already have good flag
Are we still using the vertical red-white-red flag from 0.71, or do we have a diagonally-quartered one like this? (Or do we have a flag with the CoA on it, which would be ideal?) I'm pretty sure we'll want the flag to match the shield :) and a diagonally-quartered flag like the one you pictured (without CoA, of course) is well within my ability.

Originally posted by Birger Jarl

is this better? :)

TEXAS.gif
Before
TEXAS_1.gif
After
I'm thinking the second looks better, although the first is more true-to-form it's barely distinguishable. And thank you very much.

Originally posted by Korath
Aetius, BarristerBoy, and anyone else planning on making a request: do you want full shield sets, or just single images? Making the small set (which shows up in CoTs, on the zoomed-out trade map, and so on) is actually twice the work of the large set, since one of the shields on it is a different size. If you're only looking for a vanity image or avatar or such, I can get through these literally three times as fast as full sets. If, on the other hand, you do want the full set, let me know which three-letter tag to use (e.g., BRZ for Brazil) when packaging the zip file if it's not a standard or AoN country.

I can also do simple (perhaps I'd better emphasize that: simple) flags - really just recoloring existing patterns. See my page for the sort of stuff I can handle. Anyway, if you want I should make the attempt, please be sure to say so. :)

Birger, Korath, Leprechaun, MKJ, and everyone else - I don't want to be demanding. You are doing these requests out of the goodness of your heart. So if you can only do a portion of what I'm asking I'll completely understand.

What I would like is a complete shield set with a flag. My intention is to create a fantasy scenario with a one-province minor in Europe that I'll call Alberta. For this to work I'll need at least all of the shields, and the flag would make it look much better.

Here's a sample image of the flag (I've already posted the coat of arms above):

flag.jpg

It is (hopefully) fairly simple - it is just the coat of arms on a blue background.

However if you can only make the one shield I'd still be very appreciative!

BarristerBoy

Originally posted by BarristerBoy
I would really appreciate it if someone could make an EU2 shield for the great province of Alberta.

crest.jpg

Please?

BarristerBoy

will this do?

alberta.gif
Alberta

Txini, here are your shield sets:
Aragon-Navarre and Aragon-Sicile.

From the "How did I ever miss that?" department, I noticed about half an hour ago that MKJ's template doesn't automagically set the last shield on the right to grayscale, and so all my shield sets needed to be redone. The old links should now point to the new sets. As for the template, well, I've created a layer in the file that takes care of the grayscale, but the last time I tried, the Gimp exported subtly corrupt psd's, and I no longer have access to Photoshop to test them with. Anyone else who uses his (otherwise excellent) template will want to make sure to fix this minor shortcoming also.