• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great stuff, love the party names, very poetic!

While I don't really care for the Navy much in Victoria (although I had this fun game with an advanced Belgium where my cruisers tore through endless streams of American frigates and commerce raiders - but I digress), it's hard not to like the BANP. ;)

Since I have zero modding experience, your efforts look mightily impressive to me. Coming along nicely, it seems.

The Crovan future has too many Liberals and not enough Poet-Laureate Parties.

excellent job with this aar
I've been reading from the beginning
for when the next update?

Alright, I hate to do this. I mean, really hate to do this, but I'm mothballing this AAR. I think it is the only fair thing to do for the readers.

EU is my least favorite of all the Paradox games. It always has been and always will be. That is probably why progress has been so slow through here. What kept me going was the idea of seeing this game in Vicky and HOI. However, I've never been able to get the EU3-Ricky converter to work. Now, with the EU3-Vicky2 converter looking DOA and my own conversion crashing like clockwork on May 9 1836 it is beginnning to seem like the switch will never happen. Not to mention that this means a conversion to HOI3 (or even HOI2) is consequently impossible (especially since it has been confirmed that no official V2-HOI3 converter is going to be made ever).

Now, I look and see that this AAR has been going for more than 2 years! That is appalling to me. The AOTCC has brought me great joy, but also great frustration and has, on more than one occasion (Kamil Krofta, Stalin, King Radama) sabotoged other AAR efforts by me. So, until such time as a functional converter exists, I am placing this on hold. Right now, that seems like a 'forever' hold.

I am very sorry to all who have diligently followed this AAR. The only other option is to take the game to 1808 and a logical end date. If I ever do that, I will complete the updates offline first and then barf them up here, so as to not waste any more of your time or build any false expectations.

Thank you all for your time and endless patience.

AP

:( I know your pain!

Still, I've really enjoyed your AARs, I've had some genuine laughs reading them. And your video update was fantastic :D

I hope we'll see more of you!

How unfortunate! :(

Well, it was a long and pleasant trip. I do hope you will write other AARs as they are perfect work break reading material.

Now onwards to the Outhouse, my friend! :D

Everything - even Friends and Simpsons - has an end:(. But even if I joined in the end, it was great from the beginning to the end...

Aww... That's a shame. I was really looking forward to another few centuries of progressively escalating bloodletting, ending in a nuclear Armageddon (I mean, Nukes and the Crovans, there truly is no way that the world would've survived).

But I can't fault your reasoning for not seeing a way to continue. Plus, writing AARs should be fun, not frustrating. So, I hope you can let the frustration slide off and that you'll tackle another (possibly more modest ;)) project soon. But regardless of your future decisions, I just want to say that I appreciate the years (literally) of entertainment I got out of the Crovans. Not to mention that the CK-DV updates, more than anything else, convinced me to cough up for DV myself.

For my own benefit - to get some closure - I'll just decide that Hough's death really was the alpha and omega of all things Crovan: A Crovan, an outhouse, a bear, dastardly schemes and it all ends with a dead Crovan. Neatly condenses just about the whole thing, right? :)

Thanks for the laughs.

Well it's sad to see this end. Hopefully you'll do some sort of wrap-up in the future. Thanks you for taking the time to make us all laugh, you have an awesome sense of humor!

So it seems I finally got a good conversion to V2 (and yes, I realize it was more than 2 years ago I started trying). Would there be any interest in seeing this dinosaur rise up and spread autocratic violence into the modern era or should I just let sleeping dogs (and Crovans) lie?

So it seems I finally got a good conversion to V2 (and yes, I realize it was more than 2 years ago I started trying). Would there be any interest in seeing this dinosaur rise up and spread autocratic violence into the modern era or should I just let sleeping dogs (and Crovans) lie?

If the sleeping dog is called Gudrod, it can be woken up. I think. Just a cool Crovan Dog name, that's all.

well I'd love to see this go forward ... the Victorian era would be enhanced by bad poetry, random violence, outhouse incidents and the occasional killer polar bear

I would say 4 responses is enough. I'm going to read through the updates to get the flavor back and then the rest of the world can:

Rue Crovania!

GrimvonEssen.jpg

"Oh good lord...they're back"​