• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see you again :)

You are most welcome back, as always.

1640-1642: The sleep mask is my favorite

Bard IV “Mongo” Eriksson Crovan

Emperor of the Crovan Empire, King of the Western Isles, King of the East and West Vikings, King of Germania and King of Vinland and the Skraelingias. Lord of Foppingtonia, Slavelandia and Zanzibar, High Admiral of Gibralter, Life-President of the Sino Trade Company and the Rightful King of All Poland.

BardIVCap.jpg

A Predictable Conclusion
(13 June 1640 – 17 September 1642)

8702.jpg

It’s been a while, so here is the Crovan Empire as a reminder

After a delay, during which the Imperial Court stopped off to watch the hanging of the Assistant Poet Laureate Alf Olavsson for Crimes Against Poetry, we return to the Imperial Boardroom: Viken Castle

KingErikIV.jpg

“Well, that was soooo awful.” *sigh* “Oh well. Kennet, run an ad in the Viken Times. We need a new Assistant Laureate.”

KennetHaraldson.jpg

“Of course, My Prince. By the way, it…er…might be…well…lucky that we called the 500 Years Festival off early. I have a stack of reports about threatening moves by Russian spies and their armies are massing on our borders.”

KingErikIV.jpg

*Gasp!* “Those dirty little tricksters!” Erik was shocked. “Where are our armies, we need to plan a response.”

ErikAmundsen.jpg

“Oh, uh, good news there, My Prince. Our fleets and armies are in perfect position to attack Russia. Um. ‘cause we were planning to double cross them and chase them from Spain next month anyway. Remember?”

EinerEgilsson.jpg

“Yeah, that’s why you ordered me over here with the larger Skraelingia Armies.”

KingErikIV.jpg

Erik tittered. “Oh gosh, I’d forgotten that! No wonder the Russians are all nervous!”

Baldassare-Baldo-Amato.jpg

The door smashes inward. Standing there is a large Italian fellow. “Awright der Erik. Paulie done sent me ta give ya one last chance ta pay up. Or else da Sicilians and da Russians is gonna go ta war wit youse.”

KingErikIV.jpg

Erik clapped his hands gleefully. “Oh this is simply smashing! We were just talking about the Russians. It won’t be anything to add the Sicilians into the war effort!”

His eyes narrow. “So I’m telling Paulie dat youse clowns ain’t gonna pay den?”

KingErikIV.jpg

“Only if Paulie is in Hell. Einer, be a dear and kill this man.”

EinerEgilsson.jpg

*stab*

“hurk”

Thanks to the pre-emptive perfidy of Erik, the war goes swimmingly

8701.jpg

For some reason, the Mameluks were placed at the head of the Russo-Sicilian Alliance. Future victory was quickly assured.

8703.jpg

And with the Russian Mediterranean Fleet destroyed…

8704.jpg

…and early moves in the north, the Russians are knocked out of further offensives. This prompts Sicily to quit the war.

For the war was only designed to distract Eirk…

E-Snooze.jpg

*ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

E-Snooze.jpg

*ZZZZZZZzzz….Snork* “What the…something wet inna sheets…did I piss myself?”

E-Bardhead.jpg

“Oh God! My 650 thread count Egyptian Cotton Sheets! You Bastard Paulie!”

“Oh…and Bard.”

“Actually, that...that makes things easier.”

And so, we return after a long hiatus to an emperor’s murder. Happily, some things never change in The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Reactions:
Good to see you continuing AP! And with an emperor's murder no less! Time for some more comedy in the EU3-section.

Oh dear, oh dear... they are back... :eek::D

Oh, and glad to hear the daughter's fine and sorry for your loss (life comes with plusses and minusses).

I'd say you're pretty much back to form already :D Loved the 'something wet inna sheets'

An offer he cannot refuse...again. Hah!

Welcome back, and it seems that you're in your fine comedic form as always!

I had to go back and re read the last couple of updates. It's been SOOOO long.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and want to congratulate you on your daughter's triumph.

On to the AAR, I'm happy to see it continue. The mention of Aslak-class dreadnoughts is, if possible, even more exciting than the return or Erik, Paulie and the exit of Bard.

Oh and:
Einer said:
was the highlight of this update for me. :) Closely followed by Erik's b*tching about his 650-thread sheets. :D

Okay, fate is after me on this one. I completed that update from matierals on hand and then went to fire up my saves to start on the next one. They don't work. None of them, from 1640 on to 1832. I have the final save uploaded (and the problem is discussed) in this thread

Oddly enough, the inital 1453 save from the conversion to EU3 from CK loads up and works just fine.

If anyone one here knows anything about save games, please take a look (assuming you have the time) otherwise I'm waiting for help from the fine folks in the mod folder.

If anyone one here knows anything about save games, please take a look (assuming you have the time) otherwise I'm waiting for help from the fine folks in the mod folder.

Savegames are the very devil. I cannot figure them out, sorry - and good luck!

Holy crap, it's back! You just made my day, I can't wait hear more wacky adventures.

Long live the Crovans!

Also, sorry to hear about about your personal problems, hopefully you're handling it well. i know how you feel, my family is going through tough times too.

This AAR is like Crovans. A mutated insane construct that just wouldn't die :D