• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, here's the deal...I'm going to try and be very flexible with the format until I have something that works well in EUIII, so if you are seeing stuff you like, tell me. If you aren't seeing stuff you like, also tell me (except about how bad the jokes are, I am already aware they stink!)

All good jokes smell... :D

Oh, and a nice start... becoming HRE just seconds after you started the game... how on earth did you manage that?? :eek: :D

Murmurandus said:
All good jokes smell... :D

Oh, and a nice start... becoming HRE just seconds after you started the game... how on earth did you manage that?? :eek: :D

I have no idea...literally, I unpaused the game and the first thing that happened was becoming HRE (well, technically the second...I also accidently accepted an immediate WP offer from Athens)

Well, Kolbein is certainly not a slacker! :p

The world might be too much for the ruling class of Crovans who are not enough to rule all of them anyways.
And you need a diplo.annex a lot of vassals. Medieval is over, no more vassals. :(

I loved your once-over of the mad Crovans. A lot of fond memories there.

And I am looking forward to several more centuries of utter Crovan madness. :D

Just got finished with everything up to this point. I can't wait to see you continue this family's journey into the future!

Love the humor and style of the first EU 3 update, keep it up!

I have liked your style so far, those CK screenies looked weird on the EU3 background :p But now that you are actually on EU3, we'll see if the Crovan empire can hold together or if rebellions will tear it apart.

safferli: no he isn't!

Enewald: Here here! death to vassals

kalendree: No doubt they're up to no good

The_Guiscard: It was a nice recap and thanks!

Cout Lake: I hope I don't disappoint you! (of course, if you're still around after reading all of AOTCC1, apparantly you don't disappoint easily :) )

Capibara: glad you like it, and I agree...the CK stills do look somewhat strange against the blue background

To May 1453 - look ma, no pause!

Kolbein Hakonsson Crovan

King of Norway and of Serbia, Emperor of the Greeks and King of the

KolbeinCap.jpg

In Which A Lecherous Priest Is Introduced
(1 January 1453 – 1 May 1453)

0008.jpg

And here we have a closer look at my Central European Rival Bohemia, their allies, and their vassals.

While we are at it, we are taking a closer look at a pipe-dream the Bohemian King has about the King of Norway making his life easier.

ConversionCzerEirikBloodaxe.jpg

“Sorry to interrupt your musings,” wheezed the lecherous priest, “but I come bearing exciting news.”

KingKolbein.jpg

“Ah yes, Fra Eirik Bloodaxe, my Conversion Czar, who has joined the Catholic fold now?”

“No one yet, your Majesty, but the people of Kerman have rebelled.”

0009.jpg

“And you know what that means, my liege.” The old man leered. “Once your brother crushes the rebellion he can always just stick around with the army and ‘assist’ with ‘voluntary’ conversions to Our Lord.”

KingKolbein.jpg

“Wait. Kerman? Do you even know where that is? I’ve certainly never heard of the place.”

“Well, I got a letter from a Count of Kerman pleading for help crushing a gigantic rebellion, so I just assumed you must own it…I do agree though, I don’t think I remember seeing him at any conventions or anything.”

KingKolbein.jpg

“I don’t even know how to pronounce it…is it KER-man or KEER-man or ker-MAN. Huh. Kerman. You know what, it probably got sent here by mistake. Just send it back ‘Return to Sender.’”

The old man bowed. “As you wish, my liege.”

Later that month:

0010.jpg

Huh. So not too much happened this time. You’ll get used to that. But anyway, join us next time as Kolbein treads some very familiar territory on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Reactions:
Oh, those sneaky Kermanites, becoming your vassal while Kolbein not knowing it! :eek: :D

I love it when you all of a sudden notice you own provinces that you've never heard of.

A Crovan continuation... what is the world coming to. ;) Let's see to what extent they will be able to molest world history this time.

Good quick update! Poor Count Grim getting killed and all when his liege wouldn't spare an army to help him. Very sad circumstances of demise.

Great work as usual and keep up the good work!

Murmurandus: My mom always said "never trust a Kermanite"

Enewald: especially because Fra Eirik totally stiffed him on the tip

Snugglie: I like that..."molest world history"...very appropriate :)

A_Dane: awesome! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it!

Count Lake: I know it...10,000 rebels and his liege just leaves him. At least his last thoughts were happy ones.

1453-1454: at this rate, we'll hit Vicky in 2020

Kolbein Hakonsson Crovan

King of Norway and of Serbia, Emperor of the Greeks and King of the Bulgars

KolbeinCap.jpg

In Which General Viglik Is An Ineffective Scout
(1 May 1453 – 12 December 1454)

0011.jpg

1454 will be devoted to building fortifications throughout the empire.

0012.jpg

Well, that and peasant uprisings.

0013.jpg

And now the Sardinians have proposed an alliance, which I happily accept.

Meanwhile, In Serbia:

General Viglik Crovan, brother to the King, slips out of camp to reconnoiter the rebel lines.

0014.jpg

Where he learns much about the Serb’s small arms, their Sampson-esqe hair stylings, and their methods of dealing with spies.

None of which would be useful to him in the coming battle, you know. Since he’s dead.

0015.jpg

And now, the rebels, defeated in a half-hearted effort by my army, have gone to harass someone else for a while.

0016.jpg

And a bunch of carefree, drunken Frenchmen have rebelled. Apparently Good Crovan Ale isn’t a fruity enough drink for them.

KingKolbein.jpg

“Chancellor Geoffrey, I have tried everything I can think of to break the nobles and bend them to my will, to end their insufferable complaining and rebelling. I have set the most powerful ones free, giving them their lands as a present. I have outlawed the construction of modern fortifications by everyone except me. I have banned and dismembered the feudal levies and forbid private armies, leaving only the approved Crovan Guard as the only professional army in the country. Still, these people torment me. What can be done about this?”

ChancellorChaucer.jpg

“Mayhap, my lord, to the old days we’ll roam,
Ancient lords did rule alone appropo,
And so our eyes should turn to fabled Rome,
The halls of Constantine and old Nero.

While rebels they did face and crush here-o,
The Senators were cowed and broken men,
With only tiny lands given to them.”

KingKolbein.jpg

“What is that? Iambic Pentameter. The rhyme scheme is new.”

ChancellorChaucer.jpg

“Yes, sire, I call it the Rhyme Royal,” Geoffrey bowed low, “in your honour sire.”

KingKolbein.jpg

“Hm. Call it the Crovan Couplet and you’ll honour me more. Still…you’ve given me quite an idea Geoffrey, quite an idea.”

The Crovan Couplet! And now the Crovans have entered literary fame! What is the idea Kolbein had? And what on Earth was Geoffrey talking about? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Bonus questions:

There have been 2 literary works associated with the Crovan Clan thus far:

What are the titles, who are the authors and what are the stories about?

(Hint: check out The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 1 in your local CK forum to find the answers!)

Last edited:
Reactions:
The only literary fame I can see the Crovans on is written on toilet paper... ;)