Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

Having a good holiday, are we, Alfred?
    Stand up, all victims of oppression,
    For the tyrants fear your might!
    Don't cling so hard to your possessions,
    For you have nothing if you have no rights!
    Let racist ignorance be ended,
    For respect makes the empires fall!
    Freedom is merely privilege extended,
    Unless enjoyed by one and all.

Well Sir,

I ve read this all the way through laughing and rolling along the way. My biggest disappointment (besides having to wait for more postings) is that I dont know anyone else who owns EU3 in order to share it. Of course I gave the link to a few people anyway. Honestly this is the funniest bit of reading I have done in a long time.

Be well
    Vague
    "You are a railway -rumbled over, cried over- you are the track -on you everything happens and makes you rustblind and silverbright." W. Borchert (1921-1947)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Pendleton, Umatilla County, Oregon, USA, N. America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Laniakea, The Universe
    Please come back...
    “The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
    – Frederick II von Hohenzollern

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Please, we miss you.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Okay, folks. It's been a while, I know. Sorry. Real life interfered in a way that killed any sustained free time gaps. I haven't forgotten the Crovan Clan. Dagmar's tale is itching to be finished and I have a gag with St. Olaf's Cross I've been dying to use for more than 6 months now.

I am returning, since things have eased up a bit. I have about 2 hours a week I can devote to this and hope to produce 1-3 updates per week with that time. Ideally, the first one will appear this week (tomorrow or Thursday).

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you all.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer
    Once again, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you all.
    Since you've caused us no real inconvenience* whatsoever, there's no need to apologize. Real Life issues always trump Forum commitments.

That said, I am very excited to hear you'll be continuing this story. It might well turn out to be the second highlight of my week.

*For whatever reason, you feel compelled to write a very funny and long-running comedy AAR. We, as readers, lap it all up and post the occasional 'Attaboy!' comment. We don't pay you money, we don't barter goods or services for your writing, so it's really hard to see how we have anything to complain about. At least, that's how I see things.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    It's alive!

Welcome back!
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Good to see you back, AP!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    It is back!

(and there was much rejoicing!)
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Ready and waiting to enjoy any updates that you offer.

No need to apologize, true fans will wait for however long it take to get an update.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Pendleton, Umatilla County, Oregon, USA, N. America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Laniakea, The Universe
    I willl wait as long as it takes for an update, but I just want reassurance that it will come. I've followed a few very good AARs that eventually die and it makes me sad.

Anyway, you caused no inconvience. Thanks for the update and don't rush, though I'm sure whatever happens is AWESOME!
    “The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
    – Frederick II von Hohenzollern

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone, and, as promised, I have an update. I hope you enjoy it! (and coz! I kept it to 20 pix! though most of them are very very small ones!)

Blog Entries

1634: Oh the Irony!

Gunnar III Eriksson Crovan

Emperor of the Crovan Empire, King of the East and West Vikings and of the North and South Skraelings, Lord of Sino, Pontifix Maximus, Rightful King of All Poland and of the Germans, Life-President of the Sino Trade Company.

In Which Peder's Plan Backfires, To Some Extent
    (4 July 1634 – 7 July 1634)

Peder and Dagmar are talking in whispered tones in her chambers.

“I’m sorry Dagmar, I just can’t see any way past this. Anastasia is onto us. She’s trebled the guard and she never goes anywhere without Gunnar. You’ve finally been bested by one of his wives.”

“No Peder, I’ll not go down that easy. She has to die before that child is born! I’ve got a plan. Every evening, Gunnar, Ana and the guards stroll the perimeter of the Palace. I will join them this evening. At the Southwest Tower, you create a distraction. I’ll kill her in the confusion.”

Peder sighed. Dagmar, it seemed, was going mad. “And how do you propose I do that?”

Dagmar whirled on him. “You want a crown Peder? Earn it.”

She stormed out of the room.

Late that afternoon, as the Imperial Party slowly approached the Southwest tower, Peder sat alone at the window.

“Gaah. Damnit, think man. What can you do?”

“Hello Peder.”

“Ah! Oh, Bard. You surprised me there. You should probably run along now.”

“Hello Peder.”

“Uh, yes. Hello. Now run along Bard.”

“Hello Peder.”

Peder sighed. He could hear the Emperor’s approach. Time was running out. “Yes, yes, hello Bard. Look, I’m under a lot of stress right now could you…”

“Hello Peder.”

“Oh My God Bard! Has Gunnar knocked the last bit of sense from…

Hold it. I’ve got it!” Peder was excited.

“Hello Ped…”

“Bard! Shut up!” Peder grabbed a hefty book from the case. “Remember how Gunnar always throws stuff at you? Well, here’s you chance to have some fun. Why not throw some heavy stuff down on him! He’s under this window right now!”

Bard cackled uncontrollably as he hurled everything unbolted out the window.

“Huhuhuh huhuhuh huhuh Bonk time for Gunnar! Bonk time for Gunnar! Huhuhuhuh huhuhuhuh!”

Under the window, pandemonium reigned, as tables, chairs, books, a small globe, really all sorts of things reigned down on the Imperial Party. The guard shielded Gunnar as best they could, but the distraction was exactly what Dagmar needed. The only problem, from Peder’s perspective, would be what was going to happen when Bard ran out of crap to throw.

And so, the reign of Gunnar comes to its final conclusion. What does the future have in store for Dagmar? For Bard? Well, find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Hahahahaha... the irony indeed...

Glad to have them Crovans back...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Nice update, good to have them back.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Lord Torrson hanged for regicide?

Ah...erk.

That's what I call backfired!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive when I saw a new update after the hiatus. I worried: "Does Alfred Packer still have it after these months?"

Of course, when I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even breathe, I knew my worries were groundless. Even the repeated "Hello Peder"s were funny, when combined with that gormless CK portrait.

The Empress Anastasia's 'suicide' was the icing on the cake, Peder's execution
    the cherry on the icing. That just leaves Bard - and in a battle between the cynical, subtle machinations of Dagmar and the utmost idiocy of Bard... I suddenly feel some concern for Dagmar's longevity. Well, I would, if she weren't such a nasty person.

Oh yeah, nice poetic justice to see Peder get a taste of his own medicine, even if the defenestration in question wasn't fatal.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

I wish more people had the courage to commit suicide, with 57 stab wounds to the face, neck and back, because a man was hurled at their man to death.
    I must break you.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Damn you for beating me to updating again!
    *Shakes fist of rage*

But it's good to be reading this again!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

53 is quite a good amount of stabbings. I must give her credit for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast