+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1022

Thread: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also, and this is just icing on the cake really, but the modern era also allows autocratic violence and mad SCIENCE!

Frankenstein was an amateur, I'm sure a Crovan can outdo him.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    I would say 4 responses is enough. I'm going to read through the updates to get the flavor back and then the rest of the world can:

Rue Crovania!

"Oh good lord...they're back"
    Oh dear...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Pendleton, Umatilla County, Oregon, USA, N. America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Laniakea, The Universe
    I am rendered speechless, oh the horror, oh the Crovanity!!!!
    “The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices.”
    – Frederick II von Hohenzollern

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tucked away safely in your darkest nightmares
    Blog Entries
    And so the madness begins anew
    I'll be here!
    My AARs:
    Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds (last updated 27/08/13)
    So Long Mom, I'm Off to Drop the Bomb - A Fallout 2 AAR (last updated 08/06/14)

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    I would say 4 responses is enough. I'm going to read through the updates to get the flavor back and then the rest of the world can:

Rue Crovania!

"Oh good lord...they're back"
    Good lord! I almost choked on my sandwich! And I can't even tell if it's from pure joy or sheer terror!*

*Actually, I can: it's the pure joy part. That I might live to see such time... Ah. <Dabs a tear from corner of his eye>
    Hollow Little Reign - A brief Crusader Kings tale about family ties in Byzantium.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries

Episode 104: The Return

Empress Caitilin Erlendsdottir Crovan

In Which Caitilin Has Already Married
    (5 January 1699 – 6 January 1704)

“Well now, that was a delightful honeymoon tour of the Empire. It feels like I’ve been gone for years! So. What did I miss?”

“Hi, I’m Bill.”

“Yes, Bill. I remember…it hasn’t REALLY been years since I tolerated your presence, it just felt like it.”

“Well, Your Imperial Majesty, we’ve kept rather busy while you were away.”

“First off, as for the Army’s report, we extorted 2,500 pounds of gold from Songhai when they launched a rather misguided war against us.”

“I used that money to buy more ships! We’ve got the best Navy in the world now with 30 War Galleons, 60 Galleons, 80 Caravels and 12 Carracks. We’ve also got some 50 Frigates and Brigs.”

“Hold up. Did you say 12 Carracks? Didn’t those become obsolete several hundred years ago? How do you even keep them floating?”

“Well really they’ve been refitted and repaired so often that none of them are physically more than 8 years old. In fact, the ones in the Sino Fleet are probably newer than most of our Galleons.”

Caitilin sighed. “Couldn’t that money and timber be spent building new, advanced Ships of the Line rather than maintaining these horribly dated ships?

“Well, I mean, I suppose.” Kolbein was utterly confounded. “But it is tradition to keep them. I mean, the Royal Crovan was technically in service from 1453 until it sank in a storm in 1688. I mean, that’s more than 200 years!”

“Would a modern War Galleon have sunk in that storm?”

“Of course not, but that’s beside the point isn’t it? We’re talking about Carracks and everyone knows they sink like stones in inclement weather.”

Caitilin opened her mouth to speak and then froze before emitting a sigh. “Of course. Nevermind.”

She turned. “So, Mother Shipton. Any new poems for us?”

“In Seventeen Hundred and Aught Four,
    Bohemia will seek once more to roar.
    Then Great Wars shall be planned,
    And Fire shall sweep ‘oer the land.”

“Mmm. Such sage wisdom from the Assistant Laureate. Waldemar, what plans will your office come up with to counter this threat?”

“Well, my Bohemian Plans, as I was telling Mother Shipton right before this meeting, involve attacking them next year as they’ve gotten too big for their britches lately.” He shot a glare at the Poet who gave him a smug, if toothless grin.

“Now, now Waldemar, no need for petty envy here. The Prophetess supports us all and there is no shame in your office getting a little help every now and again.”

“Of course, Your Imperial Majesty,” Waldemar muttered through gritted teeth.

“Well well, Waldemar, sounds like you might need my office’s services!” The violent sociopath’s face brightened.

Well, well. The AuthAAR returns after a two year hiatus and for what? Will he ever find his groove or will this turn out to be a terrible idea? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    I always wondered how the EU navies manage to do it.

Age of Sail Britishers rebuilt their ships every 15? years on average, the Russians as low as 8? Here, the same galley can last me from 1405 to 1800 no problem
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Ah, the bitching, the sniping... The utter incompetence showcased by various members of the cabinet... It's like slipping into a warm bath of recognition.

Oh and Mother Shipton and Waldemar's back-and-forth? How sweet.
    Hollow Little Reign - A brief Crusader Kings tale about family ties in Byzantium.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

it seems as if they never went away, the combination of incompetence, malice and it, somehow, working out in their favour
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Are those carracks named after all previous Crovans who died in the Outhouse?

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I suspect we need a few more than 12 carracks, in that case.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    I always wondered how the EU navies manage to do it.

Age of Sail Britishers rebuilt their ships every 15? years on average, the Russians as low as 8? Here, the same galley can last me from 1405 to 1800 no problem
    And now you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    Ah, the bitching, the sniping... The utter incompetence showcased by various members of the cabinet... It's like slipping into a warm bath of recognition.

Oh and Mother Shipton and Waldemar's back-and-forth? How sweet.
    thanks...it was fun returning to this, more fun than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    it seems as if they never went away, the combination of incompetence, malice and it, somehow, working out in their favour
    Well, they've always been here...in our hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    Stuy is right...it'd have to be the Caravel Fleets to fit all of them in.

And now, another update!
    Don't expect them all to be so fast and furious, but I was thinking about this one while I wrote yesterdays and I wanted to see if I can still pull off a 'cartoon.'

Blog Entries

Episode 105: War, off-screen

Empress Caitilin Erlendsdottir Crovan

In Which Caitilin Puts Her Foot In Her Mouth
    (16 January 1704 – 9 September 1706)

“So, how did the war with Bohemia go?”

“It could not have gone better, Your Imperial Majesty!”

“We pounced on Bohemia first, of course, but with the Hated Brahe English, the Vile Sicilians and the Forgettable Mainzers jumping into the fray, we got to settle a lot of scores at one go.”

“The best part of course, being when shattered Bohemia was forced to restore German Milan right in the heart of their fading Empire!”

“Ah, excellent! And we shall set the Pal-Crovan family to rule over them.”

“Hold up! You can’t mean those traitorous Portuguese Crovans! Those guys are assholesssszzz…” Kolbein’s outcry faded away under the withering glare of his Empress, a scion of the Portuguese family lineage.

His hand involuntarily brushed his throat. “You know. Devil’s Advocate and all. Ha Ha. Of course it’s a great idea, Your Imperial Majesty.” He forced a weak smile.

Stiffly and loudly, Caitilin spoke. “We grant aid to whom we choose and, I cannot be clearer here, none will dare bite this hand when it feeds them. Not the Madurai of India, whom we loaned generous quantities of Ducats to so they could suppress a revolt by their revolting peasantry and not the Portuguese Crovans, soon to be of Milan, who are my own blood kin. Is that understood?”

“Of course, Your Imperial Majesty, as always you are correct.” Kolbein’s face was bright crimson.

Later

So Empress Caitilin helps out some rulers in need and pays the inevitable price while Skofte gets a new hat. Will he try a larger sized one? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The World Is Way Too Much!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I am veeeery glad to see this again!
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

even by Crovan standards, an Empress with very definite views ... & it is a dead natty hat
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    That movie has both Louis XIII and Buckingham in it and still managed to pretend to be as heterosexual as baseball. I blame the original novels, they started the pernicious trend.

The Diplomatic Corps in Crovania - the only way to get higher rates of attrition is to volunteer for the Guineas as a swamp-water-taster.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I blame Skofte's Hat for all those Rebelious Rebel Traitors!

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Hat looks good to me! A steady supply of hats is absolutely necessary to keep the world economy going. The empress is obviously to blame herself for all the revolts etc. Advising against hats, thus creating a total collapse of the world economy has led people to revolt against her.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Son of Gob.
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Should I re-read all of the previous updates to get back up to speed, or would that be hazardous to my mental health?

Anyway, glad to see this AAR back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast