• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's sad. Many glorious AARs have ended this way *lights a candle* Your AAR will be remembered and honored. :(

Mohatma said:
Man, you already did some great work, your AAR was my favouurite! Let's hope you will start a new great AAR even better than this! Many writAARs had this problem, so all is all right! Good luck to you and your future AARs!

wow thnx

I've seen that I'm not the first, but I was so close ... I had like 40 years to go.

For what it's worth:
I reached my goal of controlling the America's (partly by vassals). I controlled north atlantic Islands and all Pacific Islands, I just forgot about the Falklands and St Helena.

My alliance destroyed France just had to finish them in one more war (planned in 1789), Spain had one province left, its capital ... in North Africa!
Britain was controlled by me, Denmark and York
Russia was only believable foe
I controlled siberia, half of the mekong, Manchu, bit of Ming and Japan

Last edited:
rasmus40 said:
This is sad to hear. :(

I've really enjoyed this very alternative AAR.

Cheer up mate! There's always a new computer and a new game. :)

tnx, really, not just for this post, but for all of them
after 24 hours of work, I finally managed to get Bios to recognise my HDD and see an actual xp logo. had to format though, which means I lost game, aar and home made mod (recent changes)

any ideas for new game?

Play sweden or denmark, unite scandinavia and colonise!

That was an excellnt AAR, i am sad to see it fail.

I am gutted to see this AAR has failed :/
I shall remembver it till the end of my days.
How about a Vijayanagar AAR. I had a game with them that was so much fun, the possibilitys are endless with what you could set your goals as :)

Aw sad to see this one end, nice job with it.

I like both the TO and Vijayanagar ideas.

I hope sometime someone does a New World AAR like this one, but with a Roanoke colony that survived. It would be good for a comedy AAR. ;)

Urcules said:
great
fantastic
marvellous
utterly blissfull

what am I talking about?

"unable to start operating system"

fslrhtpèçpt"'yç!(éà
thats what I really think :mad:

after 6 hours of work, I can't even get an operating system wrking, (O, and my drive wàs formatted, so no illusions about the AAR, that's totally screwed)

I wish there was a hole I could crawl into and die

:( well, maybe you can try one of the 3.1 versions of TN and make a new AAR :D

anyway, was a good read. well done.

There are quite a few AARs about Byzantium but none have gone the distance and because of the position and starting point of the Byzantines each one feels unique and remains interesting.

GooseyPasture said:
There are quite a few AARs about Byzantium but none have gone the distance and because of the position and starting point of the Byzantines each one feels unique and remains interesting.

Hmm, I always play Byzantium just to get to like the game again, doesn't take long usually :)

I was thinking a retry of the Vinland scenario, with the patch and Terra Nova update, which includes the true skrælings: the Inuït.

That would require different goals, maybe a less noble-republican approach, and what not to make a substantial difference with this thread.

I would have to rebuild the Vinland-addon, but that's not a real problem.

How do you feel about this items:
-a retry (saving on a seperate drive ;) )
-government form (keeping Vinland's original isolation in mind)
-playing style (I fought wars for a just cause, at least tried to fake one (the Aztecs had weapons of m.d.).
-any other thing you can come up with

I started a new thread for this:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9044194#post9044194

Last edited:
I read this after seeing your entry in the Inkwell. I particularly enjoyed the early chapters when Vinland was expanding along the coast of the Atlantic seaboard, although it was still fun to see you abandon the narrative and just romp along in your humiliation of the old European states. :)

Thanks for writing this, and ta!

phargle said:
I read this after seeing your entry in the Inkwell. I particularly enjoyed the early chapters when Vinland was expanding along the coast of the Atlantic seaboard, although it was still fun to see you abandon the narrative and just romp along in your humiliation of the old European states. :)

Thanks for writing this, and ta!

yeah, well the narrative ... at some point in a game it's hard to resist taking out the toughest competitor around, kicking them until they're down, then some more and then the next best competitor. Try putting that into a narrative was trying my skills a bit too much ;) not my fun though :D