• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Democracy sinking! Could be a bad Sign? ;)

Another Germany AAR?

Anyways, good job, I'd hold off for awhile before I attack again though.

ColossusCrusher: Thanks

Nostra: You haven't seen anything yet. ;)

Bigbird: It will be up in a few minutes.

Maj. von Mauser: My next AAR will be different than any other German AAR.

As I posted before, staying true to Frances idea of continually attacking, I will attack until I run out of divisions or Germany falls.

BigBird said:
Ooh, will you join the allies? :O

In your German AAR, I mean. :p

Good guess, but you are wrong. just wait and see on Saturday.

This is a massive update, so bear with me.

February-March 1915

I open up the 6th battle of the Marne.*
ScreenSave0-5.jpg

And suddenly, the unthinkable happens, A breakthrough occurs (this was due to the recent battle in Troyes weakening the German line). Paris is saved!
ScreenSave1-6.jpg

I start a new tech.
ScreenSave2-6.jpg

The 2nd Battle of Reims ends in my failure.
ScreenSave3-6.jpg

I end up losing the Battles of 1st, 2nd, Valenciennes, 3rd Lille, and 3rd Reims. When will this madness end?
ScreenSave4-6.jpg
ScreenSave5-6.jpg
ScreenSave6-5.jpg
ScreenSave7-5.jpg

I start two new techs.
ScreenSave8-3.jpg
ScreenSave9-3.jpg

The Russian counteroffensive in Sweden succeeded as the Brits took over Southern Sweden.
ScreenSave10-1.jpg

The Germans succeed in making it to the coast, but they have overstreched themselves. I win the 1st Battle of Frieburg, along with the 4th Battle of Lille. The B.E.F. manages to hold out in Ghent. A large German Army is in threat of being cut off.
ScreenSave11-1.jpg

The Germans are still overstretched from one whole Army being cut off, allowing me to win the 3rd battle of Valenciennes.
ScreenSave12-1.jpg

I launch the The 4th Battle of Reims.
ScreenSave13.jpg

The Germans are still reeling from their losses and lose the 4th Battle of Reims.
ScreenSave14-1.jpg

The Western Front in April, 1915. I have taken back most of Frances lands, and a whole German Army is surrounded in Dunkirk. Germany also lost many divisions in their retreat form Northern France.
ScreenSave15-1.jpg

*Your probably surprised at how many battles are being fought in the same province, but on the Italian Front in the real WWI, there were 14 battles of the Isonszo, all over the same little piece of land.

Your probably wondering how Germany will surrender in two updates, but you will see. Next update is tomorrow somewhere between 4:00 and 5:00 on the East coast of the U.S.

Nice job kicking the Germans out of French land. This time don't let the Germans come back in 1940. ;)

A British landing in Sweden. That is such an epically enjoyable bit of news I lack adequate smileys to express my mood. This is the closest I have ;
filthyrichjh8.gif

Expressing victory (cigar), Britishness (monocle and hat) and enjoyment (smiling). Doesn't cover the sense of divine justice being done, but you can't have everything.

Also good work on the Western Front, snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat in Lille. (Although probably with help from those forces still in Ghent ;) )

Awesome! I love this AAR, and am very curious as to how you'll manage to win the war in the west in another two updates or so. Oh, how did the British do against the Turks?

Earth's Savior: They won't

BigBird: Did you hack into my computer? Seriously though, they helped, but they weren't the main factor.

El Pip: I was worried for a second when I was playing.

Minarchist: Thanks.

Geredis: They will be included in one of the next two updates.

I just got home from high school, so new update should be on sometime around 9:00 GMT (5:00 for all Americans on the East coast.)

April-May 1915

Note: This is the largest update with 17 screenies.

The Germans launch the 5th Battle of Riems in an attempt to take the province.
ScreenSave24.jpg

Luckily I managed to hold.
ScreenSave25.jpg

180,000 Germans surrender in Dunkirk.
ScreenSave26.jpg

Sorry that it got covered up, but I lost the the 2nd battle of Verdun.
ScreenSave27.jpg

I win the 2nd battle of Mons and start liberating Belgian territory.
ScreenSave28.jpg

The German Front is weak, allowing me to win the 2nd Battle of Namur.
ScreenSave29.jpg

At Great cost, I managed to win the 4th Battle of Brussels and liberate the Belgian capital. I also hold against the Germans, winning the 3rd Battle of Namur.
ScreenSave30.jpg

The Germans launch a large counteroffensive, winning the Battles of 5th Brussels and 3rd Mons. I attack Liege and send a force to Antwerp to try to cut off the German forces.
ScreenSave31.jpg

The Germans try to break out of their new pocket while I try to shrink it. The 4th Battle of Liege fails.
ScreenSave32.jpg

While this is going on, the Italians join the Entente.
ScreenSave33.jpg

The German pocket in Belgium is destroyed by a combined effort of the B.E.F. and the French Army, while we lose Antwerp. I win the 5th Battle of Liege, while the Germans use that to win the 6th Battle of Reims.
ScreenSave34.jpg

I succeed in winning the First Battle of Aachen, the first German city to fall to Entente hands. I destroy a German Army in the 5th Battle of Antwerp. As you can see, some of my divisions are about to disappear from lack of reinforcements*.
ScreenSave35.jpg

I lose the 2nd Battle of Aachen, getting driven out of the city. I launch the 3rd Battle of Verdun in an attempt to take that important city. Note: Aachen is not connected to Antwerp in this mod.
ScreenSave36.jpg

And as requested, pics from the rest of the world. As you can see, it is a see-saw war on the Eastern Front, Sweden surrendered, and the Brits are advancing on the Ottomans. This was a surprise, look who is invading Lebanon in the second to last picture.
ScreenSave37.jpg
ScreenSave38.jpg
ScreenSave39.jpg
placemarker-1.jpg

* I turned the Fog of War off for a second to see how bad the Germans are, reinforcement wise, and they are about as bad as me.

You are still probably wondering how I will win in the next update, but you will all see.

Note: My next update will be (hopefully) Friday. I cant update tomorrow since I have become a slave to Marching Band. I might have a few minutes of spare time on Friday, even though we have to perform at a game that night. If it is not Friday, it will be Saturday morning.

Impressive, most impressive.

The dark empire of Sweden has been destroyed, Japan is solving the Middle East problem by introducing Shinto into Jerusalem (that or making it much more complex) and I can only assume Africa and the Far East have already been wrapped up.

Would I be right in saying you get victory through event not through annexation?

One thing though, you seem to regularly have lots of wasted IC. Is there any reason for that?

BigBird: I was surprised that they were still fighting too.

El Pip: I get so involved in commanding armies that I forget to assign IC correspondingly with my needs. :eek:o I am working on fixing that habit.

You really should have rested your troops, now you lost some Divisions.....

Maj. von Mauser said:
You really should have rested your troops, now you lost some Divisions.....

The only problem is that with this mod, even if you rest your troops you will still run out of reinforcements. This is because battles are very costly in this mod (due to the use of forts everywhere), and due to this, I am going to try to knock out Germany before the bad weather sets in.