• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gigalocus said:
A few minutes? But I wana know now! :mad:

I need to wait for the screenies to get uploaded to photobucket.

Last edited:
Here we go

August 1914:The guns of war.

OMG surprise one*
ScreenSave1-4.jpg

The Swedes seem to not like us very much.

Next I have a barrage of events coming soon after the war starts.
ScreenSave2-4.jpg
ScreenSave3-4.jpg

ScreenSave4-4.jpg

Surprise 2: The Germans are just sitting there**

ScreenSave5-4.jpg

Surprise 3: Our Luxembourg comrades fall to none other than Austria-Hungary, let alone the Germans.

ScreenSave6-3.jpg

Luxembourg surrenders and it looks like we wont be fighting the Ottomans anytime soon.

ScreenSave7-3.jpg

Surprise 3: The British must have invented a new technology that lets them teleport from place to place.

ScreenSave8-1.jpg

New technology is getting researched.

ScreenSave9.jpg

Surprise 4: The Germans must have invented the same technology as the British and have sent an army to Brussels through teleportation.***We better start researching.

*I've never seen this happen before, even though I have played this many times.
**This is a bug in the AI. They will start moving eventually.
***This is another AI exploit that is really annoying but it gets the Germans moving in a vain attempt to rescue those units.

Next update:Expect a pointless and stupid withdrawal being used as some random persons idea of a challenge.

Last edited:
BigBird: I've played all of the way to December, taking screenshots along the way, and just wait to see what the Swedish front looks like in December. :D

LOka:Thanks

Things get more interesting, and bloody, in my next update, on in a few minutes.

NOTE: I do not care if you post in between my answer to comments posts and my update posts. It takes a long time for my screenies to upload to Photobucket.

Last edited:
Here we are.

September 1914-First Blood

a.jpg

The Cheating Germans are holed up in Brussels but are under pressure from all sides. The main German army is making an attempt to rescue them via Arlon.

b.jpg

Puzzled by scholars today, no one knows why the French pulled back several hundred miles in September 1914.

c.jpg

I start researching a new technology

d.jpg

Leige falls while the German pocket gets pushed into Mons.

e.jpg

To try to see whether or not the Germans are flat-footed in Alsace-Lorraine, the French launch the Battle of First Mulhausen.

f.jpg

The Germans aren't flat-footed. The attack ends with heavy casualties on both sides.

g.jpg

The Western Front in October 1914.

A prelude to future updates: THERE WILL BE BLOOOOOOODDDDD!*

*say that with a weird zombie voice and it is kind of scary. :eek:

humancalculator said:
Puzzled by scholars today, no one knows why the French pulled back several hundred miles in September 1914.
:rofl:

I can actually imagine modern historians making up very elaborate theories about this :D

Helmold: Yeah, I bet they are.

One more update coming today.

October 1914:Second Blood.

ScreenSave0-4.jpg

I decided to pull out of Longwy (Metz) since I don't want a massive salient.

Unfortunately, the Germans attacked before I could finish pulling out.
ScreenSave1-5.jpg

We all know what happens when a weak force gets attacked by a large force in multiple provinces.
ScreenSave2-5.jpg

ScreenSave3-5.jpg

Another tech is started.

ScreenSave4-5.jpg

fighting errupts on the entire Front, resulting in no territorial gain by anyone, but causing the battles of Second Mulhouse, First Chaumont, and First Riems.

ScreenSave5-5.jpg

Another tech is started

ScreenSave6-4.jpg

I am driven out of Compiegne (I'll call it Marne from now on, easier to spell)
in the First Battle of the Marne.

placemarker.jpg

The Western Front in November, 1914.Paris is threatened, and a lot of fighting lays ahead.

What to look for next update: Random soldiers turning into moles for the purpose of protecting their lines.

November 1914: Digging In

ScreenSave7-4.jpg

The Battle of Third Mulhausen was a complete success.

ScreenSave8-2.jpg

Somewhere around now the digging in events happened but I forgot to take a screenie. Anyway, I lost the Second Marne with horrible casualties.

ScreenSave9-2.jpg

I'm running out of Manpower fast.

ScreenSave10.jpg

Antwerp falls. The BEF still holds Ghent.

ScreenSave11.jpg

I win the Second Battle of Lille. (The Belgians fought the first)

ScreenSave12.jpg

WTF! The Ottomans DoW'd me. I thought they couldn't since the Mittelemerdivision failed to get through.

And now some screens on how the war is going elsewhere.
ScreenSave15.jpg
ScreenSave14.jpg

Here you go BigBird, Sweden

placemarker1.jpg

Will Paris hold. Will men living in trenches fight more than five battles of the Marne? Who really cares? Find out within the next 4 updates*.

*no, the war doesn't end in four updates but a lot of surprising and somewhat good things will happen to both sides by then.

I wish to have some feedback and know if people are reading this. If you have any feedback, please post.

Last edited:
That is a most contrived front line, I look forward to seeing the fightback once you actually start fighting rather than retreating for challenge purposes.

On the East it appears Russia has decided to invade Germany rather than hold Finland, a most interesting choice.

December 1914

I open up the Third Battle of the Marne.
ScreenSave17.jpg

And the usual-I lose thousands of men for no apparent reason.
ScreenSave18.jpg

The Fourth Battle of The Marne
ScreenSave19.jpg

The Germans take advantage of my failed attacked and take Troyes.
ScreenSave20.jpg

To relieve pressure near Troyes I launch the 5th Battle of The Marne and launch a counteroffensive to take Troyes back.
ScreenSave21.jpg

My counteroffensive succeeds will the 5th battle of the Marne fails again. Also, Austria-Hungary succeeds in taking over our comrades in Montenegro.
ScreenSave22.jpg

This ends the month of December, the bloodiest yet. :eek:

Jushu: staying true to the French idea in WWI to never stop attacking, I won't. I've played ahead and I'll lose whole divisions.

BigBird: Sorry, but I have already played until Germany surrenders, so I can't get any colonial screenshots.

Edit: I might get some since I am only playing until Germany surrenders and I auto-save on.

I might upload some more screenies today.

January 1915:A New Year

Troops are transferred to get ready for another assault on The Marne Salient.
c-1.jpg

The Swedish Navy is decimated by the Grand French Fleet.
d-1.jpg

I lose the Second Battle of Chaumont
e-1.jpg

I manage to rush troops to Chaumont in time to save the city.
g-1.jpg

The Finnish Front is turning into a see-saw war of encirclement
h.jpg

Many naval battles are fought with the German Navy over a long period of time. I have highlighted the two biggest.
f-1.jpg
j.jpg

The Western Front in the beginning of 1915.
k.jpg

BigBird: Yes, this is going kind of fast, but I am using this as practice to get ready for my first large AAR, Its in my sig. (It wont start until late September)

I am going to start doubling the months together in the next update, so dont be surprised if you are flooded with screenies soon.

I'm going to have updates on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and start my new AAR (It will be a lot better than this one, this one was just practice at the whole setting up an AAR routine for me) on Saturday. WWI will be finished by then.

Keep it up!