• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald said:
Rommel can't be such a ubermensch. Where would he have learned such skills? :eek:o

I'd like to say he learned most of his skills from me. Although I'm not a master yet, I do know a type of Japanese martial arts that specialized in combating armoured opponents. Neck-breaking techniques are actually a piece of cake for me. Furthermore I'm also skilled in knife combat, so cutting one's throat is also not hard to me. Although I do not know fencing like Rommel, I do know how to handle a spear.

Perhaps I'm telling too much about myself that I'm starting to frighten people. But to summarize, Rommel's combat skills are based on mine, plus some certain skills such as fencing and sniping. I hope this can solve your question. :p

Last edited:
gaiasabre11 said:
Perhaps I'm telling too much about myself that I'm starting frighten people.

... how come.... :p

But maybe in the early 20th century Rommel hadn't studied japanese martial arts, nor could he be that good with sword and gun... :wacko:

Enewald said:
But maybe in the early 20th century Rommel hadn't studied japanese martial arts, nor could he be that good with sword and gun... :wacko:

Yeah, that can true, but remember he is in the Legion. I'm sure that legionnaires learn more than just a lot of combat skills. :p (Furthermore I didn't say that Rommel know Japanese martial arts. I just use my combat skills as a basis for Rommel's skills.)

Last edited:
gaiasabre11: ...“Major Rommel, it is General Mercier who assigned you your operations, am I right? ...”

IMHO, there is no reason to doubt that Rommel is as expert as you say ! ! :)

excellent update ! !
:cool:

Here's the update! BTW, I give up on trying to do a major revise on my previous update, so it will remain mostly as it is (I'll probably still do some minor editing). Also I have a small announcement: there will be no updates next Wednesday due to midterms for me, and it is also possible that there will be no updates on next Saturday for the same reason. Basically I'm going into some midterm seasons so I'll be pretty busy on these following days. Whatever, enjoy the update! (Oh, yeah, this update is not a draft, I just didn't have any pictures for it. Also, the pictures for the previous update will come shortly.)

.........​

Rommel went through the ill-litted streets of Athens in his usual quick pace. As he got farther from the Royal Palace, and closer to the heart of the slums of the city, the smell of the untreated sewer got worse.

“It should be here …” said Rommel to himself.

Rommel reached the doorsteps of an ugly two storey building with large chips of paint falling off. The gloom of poverty, disease, and hunger is everywhere. A few rats ran by Rommel’s feet, screeching loudly. Rommel looked at them in disgust.

“Yeeearrrrggghhhhh!!” Suddenly a loud screaming sound came from the house. Alerted, Rommel draw his hidden Luger by the door.

“It seems that things are not quiet …” said Rommel as he stealthily went inside, not making a noise as he closed the door behind him. The interior of the house was more than hideous, not to mention the hanging odor of rotten cabbages that reminded Rommel of rotting corpses.

“Yeeearrrrggghhhhh!!” The same cry Rommel just heard came again, and it seemed to come from the second floor. Rommel climbed the wooden stairs while being careful not to make any noises. Every single board of the stairs seemed to rot beneath him.

“Yeeearrrrggghhhhh!!” The screaming seemed ever closer. It seemed to come from a room that was just by the stairways. Rommel readied his Luger and peek into the room through a small slit created by the not fully closed door.

“Easy, easy. Just relax and let me do my job.” (in Turkish)
The room was lit by a single candle and seemed to be occupied by two men. One of the men apparently was trying his best to get a rotten tooth out of the other’s mouth. The other man’s face showed a rich expression of pain.

“Yeeearrrrggghhhhh!! Just get the !@#$%^&* thing out of my mouth!!” (Turkish)

In a mix of what seemed to be cries of pain and cursing to Rommel, the man with the rotten tooth screamed again. The one that was treating him gave a final powerful yank and finally pulled the rotten tooth out. Both men then seemed to be in relief.

“Okay, we got of this little rascal in your mouth.” (Turkish) The man treating the other gave a good look at the rotten tooth and handed it to his patient. “Just hold this piece of cotton on that opening for a while and you’ll be fine. Don’t worry about paying me. The bread you baked for us will do.”

“Ahhh, thank you Mr. Kemal, ” said the other man as he took his rotten tooth. “This little !@#$%^&* thing really gave me a lot of pain.” The man smiled as he examined his own rotten tooth. “Sorry to bother you this late in the night. But it was giving me such a pain that I just couldn’t sleep.”

“Kemal … ” said Rommel under his breath. “Is he not a legionnaire?” Rommel asked himself silently.

“Who are you. What are you doing here?”
Suddenly a small voice asked from behind Rommel.

Rommel immediately turned and pointed his Luger in the corridor behind him. Under the dim light coming from the room where the two men was, Rommel saw a small filthy girl, staring at him we bulging eyes.

“Naciye is that you? Get back to bed! Do not let me come there and get you.” From the room the one named Kemal roared loudly.

“But there is someone we don’t know standing here.” The little girl made a small innocent sound.

“What?” From behind Kemal bursted out of the room. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” Kemal demanded loudly to Rommel.

“Adjudant Alain Kemal, do not speak so unrespectfully to your superior” said Rommel coldly.

“What?” Kemal seemed to suddenly realize who Rommel was and turned quickly to the little girl named Naciye. “Naciye get back to bed! This man is someone I know of. Do not come out of your bed again.” After speaking to Naciye, Kemal turned back to Rommel, his expression seemed to change insantly into a emotionless face of a soldier.

“Understood, Major Rommel.” Kemal spoke sternly with his Turkish accented French.

...​

After the baker left and Naciye went back to her bed. Rommel and Kemal sat together in the room that was just used by Kemal to pull out the baker’s tooth. Aside from rotting two chairs and a bed covered by a filthy bedsheet, nothing much else was in the room.

“You are the most unusual Legionnaire I’ve ever seen, Adjudant Kemal.” Rommel said as he looked at the Adjudant with the light of the single candle in the room. The man appeared to be in his twenties with a fair look. However it seemed that many hardships had made their signs on the man’s face.

“Yes, you may say that, Major Rommel. A Legionnaire living in the slums plucking people’s teeth while at the same time taking care of a bunch of siblings. Not quite the Legionnaire you are trying to meet with, ehhh.” Kemal smiled sadly to himself.

“I do not care of this now. I believe that General Mercier left you something for me.”

“Yes, he did. He actually left a whole suitcase of things for you, Major Rommel” Kemal then took out a black suitcase from under the bed. “It is locked with the most complex lock I have ever seen, so there is no way I could have know of its contents” said Kemal.

“Yes, it appears so.” Rommel then took out his Luger and shot the locks holding the case. The case then opened with ease.

“Please, Major Rommel. My little sisters are still sleeping.” Kemal remarked with displeased.

“I apologize for that. However this seems to be the only possible way to open this thing.” Rommel said coldly and took out the files in the suitcase. “It seems that I’ll have to do a lot of work” remarked Rommel.

Rommel got out a streetmap of Athens. It has multiple markings on different locations of the map.

“According to these files I have here, it appears that the General wishes me to get rid of some Greek nationalist groups. They seem to be wanting to launch some nationalist movement while the Russian Tsar is visiting here to gain international attention. Their ultimate goal appears to be to drive the Ottomans out of the Balkans and expand the bounds of the Greek Kingdom with gaing the support of the Tsar and the other Great Powers as the primary method. Sources also show that they seems to be wanting to drive all the Turks and other minorities out from where they settled in Greece. It appears that they will not care for any blood loss in the process. To summarize, we are to prevent some Greek nationalist movement from disturbing the region’s current state of peace.”

“The General Mercier, does he care so much for Turkish interests in this region?”

“I do not know. What I’ll do is follow orders, Adjudant Kemal. For rest of the night I’ll go to a few of the designated place to do the killings. I do not suppose that you’ll be coming with me?”

“I’ll in fact be coming with you to your missions, but perhaps not today. I have to start preparing for my brother Mustafa’s issues tomorrow.”

“Your brother…?”

“Yes. My brother Mustafa is going to study in a military high school. I’ll have to prepare ahead.”

“Very well. Good night to you, Adjudant Kemal.” Rommel then prepared to leave.

“Wait a moment, Major Rommel, I do have a request.” Kemal suddenly spoke from behind Rommel.

“ … What is it?”

“Please refer to me as Alain. Adjudant Alain will be fine too. While Kemal is a name I share with my brother Mustafa, Ahmet is my actual name. However I prefer my French name Alain when someone refer to me.”

“Adjudant Alain … so be it …” said Rommel as he left the room.

...​

“Aaarrrggghhhh!!!” Another man made a cry of death as he felled under Rommel’s blade. The only man left standing was Rommel. Fresh blood stained every corner of the small room where the killings happen.

Rommel walked outside to the alley and wiped the blood stains on his face.

“Adjudant Alain … what kind of man is he … ” thought Rommel as he watched the sun gradually rised from the horizon.

...​

Perhaps. :p

Kemal Atatürk was 19 yo around 1900, so...

Kurt_Steiner said:
Kemal Atatürk was 19 yo around 1900, so...

I guess I'll just provide a little clue. The one you're talking about has a full name of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

So his brother is the "real" Atatürk?

Here's the long awaited update! However I'm sorry that I'll have to inform their might not be an update on next Wednesday due to midterms again. (Midterms Sucks! :mad: ) Whatever, here we go!

.........​

Greek Royal Palace, a few days later

“It is so wonderful for you to join us again, Major Rommel. You look awfully tired.” Queen Olga said most caringly to Rommel.

“Yes. Recently my nights were not as calm as I would have like them to be.” Rommel answered quietly with his eyes half-closed.

“What have you been doing?” asked Queen Olga curiously.

“Classified operations. I can not reveal anything about them. Not even to you, your highness.”

In the grand ball room of the royal palace, Rachmaninoff was playing the piano again. The majestic sound of the grand piano filled the whole hallroom.

“Monsieur Rachmaninoff’s piano playing is as wonderful as usual, isn’t it? Major Rommel?” Tsar Nicholas II suddenly said from behind Rommel.

“Yes, indeed, mon Empereur” answered Rommel silently, and he closed his eyes while listening peacefully to Rachmaninoff’s playing one of Chopin's waltz.

“Major Rommel, although this may not be the best time to ask you, I’d like to witness your shooting skills.” A voice suddenly said to Rommel. Rommel opened his eyes and found King George I of the Hellenes talking to him.

“My shooting … skills?” Rommel asked hesitately.

“Yes, Major Rommel. It is like this. I’m going to inspect my troops today. They are having a live shooting drill. I’d like you to accompany me and just “demonstrate” your shooting skills. I’m fairly curious with how well a legionnaire can shoot now that I had witness your sword fighting skills a few days ago.”

“George! How could you ask Major Rommel at this timing? Can’t you see that Major Rommel is awfully tired?” Queen Olga protested behind her husband.

“If your majesty asks me to, I’ll humbly do so.” Rommel got up and said in a low tone.

“Wonderful, Major Rommel. Then should we get going?”

“Yes, your majesty, but may I just inform you, I’ll only use my own gun.”

Greek Army training grounds, outskirts of Athens

“Ready … Fire!” A Greek Army officer signaled his men, and a volley of fire erupted from the men’s rifles.

“Good … good … but could be better.” King George looked through a field telescope and looked at the targets around three hundred metres from the men. Most of the shots made hits on the targets, but few of them scored critical areas such as the heart and the head.

“Major Rommel, perhaps you can do some demonstrations?” King George then turned to Rommel.

“Yes your majesty …” Rommel then readied his G98 and rapidly fired off all five shots in the gun’s magazine. The time intervals between each shot seemed almost to quick to measure.

“Let’s take a look at this … Certainly impressive, Major Rommel!” King George looked through his telescope with amazement. Of the five targets hit, the forehead of each of them had been pierced.

“I’m absolutely impressed, Major Rommel. You are not even using optical sights! Why don’t you do another round of firing? This time try the targets at eight hundred metres.”

King George then pointed to a hill in front of them. A small white target, appearing more as a small white dot, was on the top of the hill.

Rommel readied his rifle again, and took a big breath before he stopped his breathing. Rommel then fired off all five rounds again, taking almost the same time as before.

“Major Rommel why are you not using your optical sight this time? It is impossible to even make a hit at this distance!” remarked King George. “But nevertheless let’s take a look at how you did.”

King George looked through his telescope and focuses on the distant white target. The target’s head had five holes that were just freshly created.

“What how could that be possible? Major Rommel, you just made five consecutive head shots!” exclaimed King George.

“Although a telescope is useful, the sunlight glare caused by the lenses can reveal my position when I’m sniping. Therefore I focused a lot using only iron sights when training.” Rommel said silently.

“Major Rommel, you impressed me again. You are the most amaz …”

Suddenly Rommel tooked out his Luger and fired at the Tsar’s direction. The bullet went pass the Tsar’s head and hit something hidden in the shurbs tens of metres away.

“What … Major Rommel what were you doing?!” exclaimed the Tsar.

“Look behind you … mon Empereur …” said Rommel in a low voice.

From behind the shrubs, a sniper appeared with his forehead pierced.

“Who is that man? Is he aiming at the Tsar?!” roared King George. He then started to shut in Greek to his men, and the whole place erupted in chaos.

“The sunlight glare from his telescope lenses revealed his position, mon Empereur.” Rommel said quietly to Nicholas II as he slowly walked pass the Tsar. “Please excuse me now, I have more of my operations to execute.” Rommel then picked up his rifle and silently left the chaotic scene.

The next day, a market area of Athens, early morning

“Adjundant Alain … why is he assigned to me?” Rommel recalled the nights he had after arriving in Athens. For most of the time Alain did not assist with the killing, and he even seemed a bit clumsy with using a gun. Overall, Rommel thought that Alain should go back to Algiers to receive more basic training.

With some spare Greek coins Rommel bought some fresh Tiropitas that just came directly from the oven. Rommel took a large bite of the Greek pastry. The cheese-egg mixture inside filled Rommel’s mouth. Another long night had just past for Rommel, and he felt an urgent need to satsify his growing hunger.

tiropita.jpg

Some yummy Tiropitas​

Rommel quickly devoured one of his Tiropitas. Just as he was going for his second one, Rommel felt a small tug on his side.

“Would you please buy a flower?” (Greek)

Rommel turned and saw a little girl dressed in filthy rags pulling his clothing. The little girl was speaking in a tongue not understandable by Rommel, but Rommel seemed to understood what the little girl was trying to convey as she pointed to her basket of flowers and then to the small bag of Tiropitas Rommel was holding.

“… I’ve killed too much of your people already …” said Rommel to himself. Rommel then gave the little girl the rest of his Tiropitas and simply took a small white Caper from the little girl’s basket. The little girl seemed delighted and smiled happily to Rommel before running off joyfully.

Caper.jpg

A Caper flower​

“Am I doing a good deed?” Rommel asked himself as he turned to go away.

“KABBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!”​

Suddenly an explosion erupted behind Rommel and knocked him off his balance. As Rommel got up trying to realize what had just happened, he saw from above burning white pedals of Capers falling around him.

“What just …” As Rommel try to gather himself up, a falling object from high above hit him on the face. Rommel felt some warm, sticky liquid gradually flowing down his face as he looked at the small severed hand, white as chalk it was, lying on the cobblestone road just before him. The small hand was still holding on to a basket of Capers.

Amidst the smoke and dust Rommel saw multiple bodies blasted by the explosion. Many were lifeless already, while some were still screaming in pain. The explosion seemed to cover a radius of a few tens of metres. The market that was just filled with life was now filled with the smell of death.

“I guess I should return this to her … ” muttered Rommel to himself. Rommel then picked up the severed hand and wandered through the debris filled area around him. It was not long before he found the little girl. Aside from having her hand severed, a large debris had hit her in the back. The little girl was still holding tightly to the Tiropitas, but her eyes were now fixed in a dead empty stare into the cobblestone street that was now stained with her blood.

After putting the severed hand beside the little girl’s wrist, Rommel inserted the Caper he just got from the little girl into the little girl’s hair, and then covered the little girl’s eyes with his hand. When Rommel removed his hand the little girl’s eyes were no longer fixed in a stare but firmly closed.

“May you rest in peace …” said Rommel silently as he left the scene with a heavy heart.

…​

Moments after Rommel left, two figures appeared at the scene.

“The explosion seemed to be powerful enough … Maybe a little bit more Gelignite will do” One of the two figures said to himself as he examined the scene thoroughly..

“Yes, it certain is, Adjudant Alain.”

“Sergeant, how many of these are ready before the end of this week?”

“Approximately half a hundred, Adjudant Alain.”

“Good. Make sure our men have inspected every one of them so that they will explode the moment we set off the detonators. I want every single one of them to go off exactly when the time comes.”

“Yes, Adjudant Alain.” The sergeant then left the scene.

Alain looked at the scene of the explosion. Multiple corpses were being carried away, while many more bodies were being found under the debris of the destroyed building around. The ones who were alive were either unconscious or screming and wailing in pain.

“I’m very sorry …” said Alain as he turned and left the scene with a trek of tears on his cheek.

.........​

Again, this update is done in a big rush. So I'll again make minor editing of my wording. :eek:o

About Rommel being a sniper, it all started because I was playing as a sniper in the game Battlefield. (I'm a good sniper by the way. I can kill some one and a half dozen men in a 64 player game with only one death, but a lot of the time I got killed because some @#$%^&* enemy grenades :mad: ) However, I choose to write Rommel as a sniper because of this man:

Simo_Hayha.jpg

Simo Häyhä, aka "White Death"​

This is the real "White Death" in real life. He was a Finnish sniper who fought in the Winter Wars and is the most successful sniper in history, claiming more then 500 sniper kills in around 100 days. It was the Russians that nicknamed him "White Death".

By the way I know that some of you may want me to post some gameplay screenshots. This AAR is now more or less a narrative AAR, which is not what I originally planned to write. I think I just got too absorbed by the writing. I'll probably post the gameplay starting next chapter, but just probably. :D

Last edited:
Poor girl. What an odd world, so full of murderers and conspiracies...

Yeh, we finns shot a lot of russians during thw winter war. :D
After all, no one knows how much. :rofl:

Btw, what language are they speaking in the court?

this gets better and better with every update. it was nice to see a more human side of rommel when he was dealing with the little girl.

Enewald said:
Btw, what language are they speaking in the court?

French. Originally I was going to make Rommel someone who understands a whole lot of languages due to past experiences dealing with other legionnaires of different nationalities. But somehow I just choose to scrap this setting, even though personally I can speak four languages. You can expect that Rommel only understands German and French.

BritishImperial said:
this gets better and better with every update. it was nice to see a more human side of rommel when he was dealing with the little girl.

To be honest, I was actually going to save this scene till the later phases of this AAR, but somehow I ran out of ideas to write now so I had to use it. (BTW, this scene was actually thought up by me when I was taking a dump. :eek:o Imagine me just sitting there thinking of this scene for 20 minutes.) Rommel still has some humane side this is for sure.

Still. Good. So he can lose it and become Mercier 2.0. :eek:

gaiasabre11 said:
(BTW, this scene was actually thought up by me when I was taking a dump. :eek:o Imagine me just sitting there thinking of this scene for 20 minutes.)

a little too much information, there.

Aye. Just a tad. :D

gaiasabre11 said:
But somehow I just choose to scrap this setting, even though personally I can speak four languages.

I can speak five. Nearly. I just begun learning russia, so not so well that yet. :rolleyes:
The learning just gets in some ways easier the more languages you can.

Update ... I was originally not going to make it this time, but I somehow squeezed out something. Again, expect me to do some minor editing on this post.

.........​

Greek Royal Palace, some days later, the garden outside the Palace

“Major Rommel, may I please have a word with you? Also please pardon my terrible French.”

“What is it?”

In the garden of the Royal Palace, Rommel sat on a bench shaded by trees around it. He was feeding some white pigeons with some bread crumbs as Rachmaninoff came by to his side.

“First of all please do not think that I’m trying to offend you, Major Rommel. But for the past few nights your clothing always had some stains of blood when you return. Were you doing some … some killings, I suppose?”

Rommel let out a large sigh and asked Rachmaninoff in a sincere voice. “What is a human being to you, monsieur Rachmaninoff?”

“A human being?” Rachmaninoff appeared a bit startled by Rommel’s question.

“A human being to me is nothing more than a bag made of skin filled with flesh and bones. I kill one by just letting out the contents of the bag. There’s nothing more for me to say about that.” A pigeon then landed on top of Rommel’s hand, and start pecking at the bread crumbs. Rommel stroke the pigeon gently.

“How can you just kill without any thoughts about it?”

“I’ll say that it’s not that I’ve no thoughts about it, it just that I’m so used to it.”

“Used to it?”

“Yes. The first time I killed someone, I felt terribly disgusted by it. For days I could not forget the face of the man I killed, and every time I thought of it I vomitted. I could not sleep nor eat, and when I do fall asleep I was haunted again in my dreams.

Rommel suddenly grasp the pigeon on his hand, and gradually started to tighten his grip.

“However, the second time I kill, the third time I kill … For each time I kill another person I cared less and less for my victims. It became almost “natural” for me to kill. Is this a sad thing to say?”

Rommel tighten his grip ever more tightly, and the pigeon looked painfully and struggeld in vain as it was gradually being crushed.

“Natural? How can that be? There must … ”

“Speak no more, monsieur Rachmaninoff. I should actually exterminate you for suspecting me doing the killings. However, since the Tsar is very fond of you I will not do so.” After saying his words, Rommel let loose of his grip on the pigeon. The pigeon immediately flew away until it was nowhere to be seen. Rommel then handed Rachmaninoff the piece of bread in his hand.

“Please take care of these little beings for me. I’ve frighten them too much for them to come near me again.” After saying, Rommel left Rachmaninoff at the bench not knowing what to say.

House of Adjudant Alain, slums of Athens, late afternoon

“Adjudant Alain are you here or not?”

After several knocks with no replies, Rommel reluctantly called into the house.

“Major Rommel, please wait a moment. I’m still preparing for my brother Mustafa’s departure. But please come in if you don’t mind.” Alain suddenly came out looking rather exhausted, and opened the door for Rommel.

Rommel came into the house with Alain. The smell of rotten cabbage was as strong and disgusting. In a room Alain seemed to be helping his brother Mustafa getting dressed. His brother Mustafa seemed to be a boy age fifteen to sixteen, wearing a uniform that appeared to be of a military high school.

“Brother Ahmet, who is that man?” (Turkish) Mustafa questioned his brother as he eyed Rommel closely with more or less some hostility.

“He is my superior. Do not question me more. You have your future to worry about.” (Turkish) Alain caringly helped Mustafa straightening up his uniform while he said his words.

“Brother Ahmet, is Brother Mustafa leaving us?” (Turkish) A little girl who seemed to be another Alain’s sisters appeared while holding Naciye’s hand. The two of them looked at Alain with their large eyes.

“Makbule your brother Mustafa is going to get a better life for us. Now take Naciye with you and don’t come to me again before I call you.” Makbule looked at her brother Mustafa then at Rommel with her large eyes, perhaps wondering who Rommel is. Makbule then obediently took Naciye with her upstairs.

After a while, Alain finished with helping Mustafa tidying up his things, and Mustafa seemed reay to leave the house with an old suitcase of belongings.

“Remember you are to catch the train at six to Istanbul. It is a big city and you’ll have to take care of yourself. Do you have enough money? Here take these.” Alain then took out some crumbled bills and some coins out of his pocket.

“No I can’t take these! Furthermore Brother Ahmet you are worrying too much for me.”

“You just think for yourself and your future” said Alain as he forcefully stuffed the money into Mustafa’s pockets. “Go now or else you will not catch your train. Also do not come back until you made yourself a man.”

Alain then watched his brother left and then turned back to Rommel. The two then went back inside from outside on the street.

“Adjudant Alain, a few days before there was a bombing in the market area of this city. Do you know anything about it?” Rommel asked Alain in a straight forward tone.

“I have nothing more to tell you other than that General Mercier instructed you to forget about the rest of the elimination targets and go to the Acropolis tonight.” Alain replied back in his accented French in a rather tired tone.

“The Acropolis … ?”

“Yes, you do know where it is, do you, Major Rommel?”

“Yes, Adjudant Alain, I do know where it is, but I wonder what special purposes does this have.”

“I have no idea of that any more than you have. Now if you please I do have to cook dinner for my sisters. I assume you will not be joining us for the meal, are you?”

“No. I’ll be on my way out now. Have a good day.”

“Have a good day, Major Rommel” said Alain with a sad look as he closed the front door behind Rommel.

After Rommel left for only a short moment, a total of three men entered Alain’s house.

“Adjudant Alain, all is ready.” One of them said to Alain in a soldierly fashion.

“Have you also brought what I required?” Alain asked without any added tone.

“Yes. These poison pills are tasteless and dissolve easily in water. Furthermore the victim will die almost instantly without pain or any sense of death coming after ingesting it.”

“Good. I’ll have to use these to feed my sisters for the one last time. After that, sadly to say, will be the time for the fireworks to begin.”

The Acropolis, Athens, late in the night

The Acropolis was a beautiful place in the night to watch the moon. The sky was clear with few clouds, and a gentle breeze was present.

“No one seems to be here. Why am I here suppose to be here?” Rommel thought quietly to himself. He then looked at the magnificent Partheon which dominated the city of Athens below.

800px-Parthenon-2008.jpg

The Parthenon

“KABBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!”

Suddenly with a defeaning sound, a part of the city below Rommel was blasted by an explosion and erupted in flames. Within moments of the first explosion, more explosions followed all around the city. The whole city literally burst into flames.

“What is happening?” Not knowing what was going on, Rommel said to himself in shock.

The burning city below Rommel glowed with a bloody red color. In the darkness of the night, the whole city was being consumed mercilessly by razing flames everywhere.

BurningCityReverse.jpg

The City Burning​

The wailing, the screaming, seemed to be everywhere around Rommel as he got to the city streets. Some people were carrying buckets of water trying in vain to put out the flames. Others were screaming for help beside their fallen loved ones, or desperately trying to save some belongings from the fire. However what was everywhere was the smell, the smell of burning corpses. The smell of the burning clothing, skin, down to the flesh and the innards.

“I suppose you’re looking for me, am I right, Major Rommel?”

Suddenly from behind Rommel, Adjudant Alain appeared with a sad look. The flames all around illuminated his face quite clearly in the darkness of the night.

“What is this all about?” Rommel demanded almost angrily.

“Nothing much, Major Rommel, nothing much. We’re just in the middle of the largest bombing, or firework show the world has yet to seen.” Alain said with his usual sad smile on his face.

.........​

BTW, BritishImperial, I may need your help for one of my future updates. I'm thinking of moving the scene to your location Gloucestershire in a few updates. Would you mind telling me about the place? I checked wiki for it but still don't really know the place well, so I can't describe the place well enough in my AAR to satisfy myself. I am planning to let some new characters from Britain to appear in this AAR. Some characters that I believe are very well known by everyone. If you mind posting in this thread I'll be glad enough if you PM me.

Last edited: