• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didn't you hear that the best way to conquer a man is through his stomach?:D

Aria and Rommel... mmmh... watch out, Rommel...

so rommel can beat the world long jump record, whilst carrying a little girl and wearing jackboots. imagine how far he could jump with his hands free and in athletics gear! the man's a marvel.

seriously, though, i do like very much the way you're developing the character.

Wow. I didn't know Mexico had been at the forefront in automatic rifle technology.
Imagine if the Germans had invaded the USSR with those in 1941, instead of with Kar98s...O.O

i too hadnt realised there were repeating rifles at that period. you learn something new every day. as for germany, i wouldnt think in the long run it would make much of a difference. it would still be cold and they'd still be out of ammo and massively outnumbered. plus they have gewerh 43's for at least part of the eastern campaign and they didnt help much.

By the time they had G43s things were already going somewhat badly...eh. Whatever. Maybe it would have just increased Soviet casualties.

Lol, more food.
This aar is about killing and food, no more french amibitions around the world? :D

Well I got hungry when I was typing, so I got something to eat, which happened to be marshmallows. :eek:o Will come back to French ambitions next chapter probably.

Didn't you hear that the best way to conquer a man is through his stomach?:D

Aria and Rommel... mmmh... watch out, Rommel...

Hey, Kurt, Aria is still a small girl, and Rommel is old enough to be her dad. :p I'm actually trying to model Aria after Cosette (from Les Misérables). Try and think of what role Rommel will play then. :D

so rommel can beat the world long jump record, whilst carrying a little girl and wearing jackboots. imagine how far he could jump with his hands free and in athletics gear! the man's a marvel.

seriously, though, i do like very much the way you're developing the character.

The world record for long jump is something like 8.9 m now, so a 7 m plus jump shouldn't be too hard for Rommel, considering all the Legionnaire training he had went through. :D

I'm actually spending a lot of effort in character development, so thanks for your comment. ;)

Wow. I didn't know Mexico had been at the forefront in automatic rifle technology.
Imagine if the Germans had invaded the USSR with those in 1941, instead of with Kar98s...O.O

i too hadnt realised there were repeating rifles at that period. you learn something new every day. as for germany, i wouldnt think in the long run it would make much of a difference. it would still be cold and they'd still be out of ammo and massively outnumbered. plus they have gewerh 43's for at least part of the eastern campaign and they didnt help much.

The Germans got the Mondragon in WWI (long after the adoption of the G98), and they also made use of it in WWII. The problem of adopting the Mondragon comes from the ammunition it used. The Mondragon used the 7 x 57 mm Mauser, while the standard round for the German Army is the 7.92 x 57 mm Mauser. It is important to keep a standard rifle round for an army, so therefore the Mondragon can not be used in large numbers and were mainly used as sniper rifles or auxiliary weapons, and would have not cause much of a difference in the outcome of the Eastern front. Below is a small note about G43:

The Germans did not extensively develop semi-automatic rifles until they met the Tokarev SVT-40 was because of the German squad doctrine of focusing a squad's firepower in the squad machine gun (MG-42). It was not until the Germans were outgunned in the compact settings of urban battles did they realize that they need to develop semi-automatic battle rifles. The result from the German research was first the G41, which then leads to the G43. :D

Come to think about this, I actually know a lot about guns and their history. :p

.........​

Alright forlks, the short drama should be coming. I'll post it up as soon as I finish. ;)

Last edited:
Here's the short drama II! I'll have to say this is rather a parody on Sherlock Holmes, so Holmes may not appear as what Holmes fans will like. But, please enjoy!

The following may still need a little editing

.........​

Les Flammes des Tenebres Short Dramas

Drama II

Late morning, 221B Baker Street, London, Jan. 6

(Holmes flips back and forth on his bed before waking up)

Holmes: Owww… my head hurts. I think I’d have a dose of cocaine before Watson comes back. He would certainly not leave me in peace if he sees me having my drugs again.

(Just as Holmes got up and had his syringe ready, Watson burst in from the door, and Holmes almost struck the needle into his ‘precious’ down under. Holmes then quickly put the drugs away before Watson noticed anything)

Holmes: Good God, Watson! At least knock when you’re coming in! :mad:

Watson: Why? What’s the matter? It’s not like that I don’t live here. :confused:

Holmes: Whatever. Just knock whenever you’re coming in.

Watson: Hmmm… Holmes you’re acting weird. But let’s not mind this now; I want to take you out to eat.

Holmes: Okay, sure, but why is it?

Watson: You’ll know sooner or later, Holmes.

(Holmes and Watson then went through the streets of London)

Holmes: Watson, where are you taking us?

Watson: Recently a Japanese restaurant opened in London, and I’m thinking of tasting some exotic food with you, Holmes. :D

Holmes: Japanese… food? :confused:

(Later, Holmes and Watson arrived at the restaurant)

Holmes: (In his mind) Who care if it’s Japanese or Chinese or whatever food. I’ll just hurry up and finish eating so I can get back to my drugs as soon as Watson gets lost.

???: Welcome. Two guests, I suppose?

(Holmes and Watson gasped as Jack and Brutus appeared wearing white aprons with the following logo)

Ilovesushi.jpg

Holmes: Are… aren’t you…

Jack: Ahhh, Mr. Holmes. Faring well lately? Do you want to try out some of our sushi? All of our customers like it. :D

(Jack then points to the side where a man is making strange ballet dances while eating verociously)

Doyle: I love kingfish sashimi! Bring me more of those kingfish sashimi sushis! :rofl:

Conan_doyle.jpg

(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)​

Jack: Coming right up, good sir! Brutus!

(Brutus then uses a big axe to chop a kingfish into large slices, then Jack skillfully slices the meat into little strips of sashimi before putting then on some rice to make delicious sushis. Jack then serves them up to Doyle, who kept on devouring the food)

800px-Salmon_nigiri.jpg

(These are actually salmon sushi very common in where I live. No, I'm not eating sushi right now. :p)​

Doyle: More! Give me more!

Watson: My god, is it that delicious? He’s like mad! :eek:

Jack: Both the fish and rice are of top grades, which are made better by the secret sauce I made. (With an evil smile) I added some cocaine, heroin, marijuana…

Holmes: Cocaine? Then I must have…

Watson: Good God! Holmes we’re leaving. (drags Holmes away in a hurry)

(Holmes and Watson then continue down the street)

Holmes (in his mind): Damn it! I was just going to get what I… (Watson then interrupts him)

Watson: Holmes, I feel so strange back there. It was as if I met my creator. :wacko:

Holmes: Back there? God will never have eaten sashimi or sushi. What he will eat are fish and chips. (serious)

800px-Fish_n_chips.jpg

(Good old fish and chips)​

(Holmes and Watson then continue down the street to a cafe)

Alain: Welcome. Would you like to order?

Holmes: Watson, order anything for me...

Holmes: (In his mind) My drug, my drug, my drug….

Watson: Let’s see (looks at the menu), then let’s order some cre…

Rico (interrupts Watson suddenly): Amatia! Don’t eat my crepe again! (angry) :mad:

Amatia: I’m sorry Rico. (sticks out her tongue in embarrassment) :eek:o But I just can’t help it. (Runs away as Rico tries to chase after her. Sonia happily eats her own crepe by the side)

Watson: Errr… perhaps we should get something else. How about we order some sundaes for a treat? But what flavor should we or…

(A man and a little girl then appear)

Rommel: Chocolate. (serious) :mad:

Aria: Strawberry. (serious) :mad:

Watson: Errr… who are the two of you… :confused:

Rommel: It is not important who we are. Order the chocolate flavored one.

Aria: Strawberry.

Roosevelt: (appears suddenly) Hey, why don’t you try this out, mister! Major Rommel isn’t this a beaut (holds out a banana split) :D

800px-Traditional_Banana_Boat.jpg

(A banana split!)​

Holmes: AARRGGGGHHH! I just want to have my drugs! (goes berserk and runs away without Watson)

Holmes: (To himself) I must get some doses of my drugs. Right now!

(As soon as Holmes enters his residence, he went looking for the syringe containing his drug)

Holmes: All right, I got it. (takes a XL syringe and prepares to inject into his arm) Strange this syringe is certainly a bit larger then usual, but who cares! :p

(Suddenly the figure of a man appears wearing an apron with the following logo)

Ilovecake.jpg

Jack: Oh, Mr. Holmes. You got my syringe I’m using as a pastry bag. Please hand it to me. (with an uncomfortable smile)

Holmes: (jolts back by surprise) Icing? Good God I almost @#$%^& injected the thing into myself. Why do you use a syringe for a pastry bag?

Jack: It’s a syringe for injecting my big fellow Brutus. Its size is just suitable for a pastry bag. Brutus, prepare the cake for me now. :p

Holmes: Cake? What cake? :confused:

Jack: You’ll see, Mr. Holmes. (Brutus then appears wearing the same apron as Jack with a big chocolate cake with strawberries on it. Jack then proceeds to write the following on the cake with the syringe)

800px-Birthday_candles.jpg

(Happy Birthday!)​

Holmes: (gasps) My Goodness, today is…

Watson: (bursts in from the door) Holmes why did you first leave like that? I still want to celebrate the day with you… Whoa! (notices the Jack and Brutus with the birthday cake) How did you people get in? :confused:

Jack: Do not mind the small details. We’re here to celebrate.

(Brutus nodded, then prepare to slice the birthday cake with his axe)

Jack: Brutus, don’t do it like that! (holds back Brutus) Let Major Rommel do it.

(Rommel then appears with his sabre, ready to slice with his blade)

Watson: Arrggghhh! I’ll do the cutting. Hey wait! Why are you here, too!

Rommel: Birthday present. (Holds out a chocolate sundae)

Aria: Present. (Holds out a strawberry sundae)

Roosevelt: Here have my banana split! (Holds out his banana split) :D

Rico: You can have this crepe, too. (searches around) Wait, it’s gone. Amatia! Did you eat my crepe again? :mad:

Amatia: It’s not me! It’s Sonia! (points to Sonia, who still has some whip cream on her mouth and looks at Rico innocently)

Rico: If it’s Sonia then it is ok. (looks at Sonia’s cute face with admiration :p)

Amatia: What? That’s not fair! :mad: (goes on to have a small fight with Rico)

Doyle: Have some fish and chips, folks! (holds out some chips and chips!) I’ll have my kingfish sashimi sushi later.

(An angry man then bursts in)

Alain: Hey, you guys haven’t paid for the stuff you or… (gets kicked out by Rommel)

Rommel: Unwanted people now gone. Happy birthday, Holmes.

Crowd: Happy birthday! :D

Holmes: Well, this is… (sheds a little tear) Thank you, all of you.

(All of the people then proceed to have a small party for a while. After the crowd left, Holmes then searches for his drugs.)

Holmes: (in a small voice) All right, now everyone is gone, I can get some drugs in me. (smiles evilly) Hey, where are all my drugs? :confused:

Watson: Phew… I just got a bunch of waste into the incinerator. Holmes, what are you looking for?

Holmes: @#$%^&*……

(The rest of Holmes’ words are muted. Holmes and Watson leave the scene. An extremely handsome (and sexy ) man then appears)

gaiasabre11: Well, folks, today is Jan. 6, which is Holmes birthday. Happy birthday Holmes! I hope people like these short dramas I’m writing. The next date for the short dramas is not decided yet. Please help me decide by giving suggestions!

Last edited:
Erm... Are we sure that Holmes is the one taking drugs here?!?!?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Erm... Are we sure that Holmes is the one taking drugs here?!?!?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's the curse of the kingfish sashimi sushi! :rofl::rofl:

Holmes tried his best to get some, but in vain... :p

that was silly but entertaining. keep 'em coming.

Gosh, food, oh food!
Taking over this silyl aar! :D

If you don't have food you can do nothing. :p However food will not take over this AAR, I can promise that, or else I would had name this AAR "The Fellowship of the Sushi" or something. :p

that was silly but entertaining. keep 'em coming.

Yup, these things are meant to be silly and funny. :p
I'm still working on my website that I mentioned before, and I hope that it will be finished soon so that I can start posting these short dramas there. ;)

.........​

I'll start the next chapter on the following update. School has started for me, so I'm getting quite busy. The update will probably come sometime in the weekend. ;)

Last edited:
It's January, so...

396px-Grenade_legion_svg.png

The ACA is here, and everyone should vote!

Arnold2.jpg

Vote in the ACA!

I'm not telling who you should vote, but here's something from Aria:

ariacampaign.jpg

........​

Note: above is a small image which most resembles Aria. I'll draw Aria myself along with Rommel and others sometime when I'm really going to do the character analysis. :eek:o

how cute. must have trouble breathing though :p

I've been reading this AAR for some time now, and I must say that it is one of my favorite HoI AAR's right now.

I think I should let you know that! Keep up the fantastic work!

must have trouble breathing though :p

Don't tell me that, tell that to the artist who drew it. :p

I've been reading this AAR for some time now, and I must say that it is one of my favorite HoI AAR's right now.

I think I should let you know that! Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for the support. I actually rely a lot on replies to motivate myself to continue writing. ;)

...........​

Well, folks, update should come sometime late today or tomorrow. I'll be revealing something more... :D

Alright, here's the update. Back to some serious business here. I want to first announce that this update should include some screenshots, but due to some problems they are not included yet. I will upload them sometime later today or tomorrow when I fix the problem. The screenshots will not have any major impact on what is happening in this update, but I'll say check back later when I edited this post with the screenshots. Enjoy the update here anyways. :D

As before, this update may still need some editing in its word contents.

Screenshots added

...........​

Chapter VI

A few days before Christmas, 1898

Rommel lay on his bed looking on some files. He then turned his head to the side and faced the window. Outside it was still raining, just like a few days before.

ScreenSave29.jpg

(The Yanks landed in Cuba! The Spanish troops in Havana were already annihilated)

ScreenSave30.jpg

(In the mean time USA annexed Hawaii)

ScreenSave31.jpg

(The US Army conquered Cuba in less than a month :p I did not actually help since the Republic only sent a "volunteer" battalion)

ScreenSave32.jpg

(A view of German Balkans)

ScreenSave33.jpg

(Moving South, Greece got Crete when the Ottomans were fighting the British)

ScreenSave34.jpg

(The British got Kuwait!)​

“Monsieur Rommel, may I come in?” There was a knock on the door, followed by a small voice.

“Yes. The door is not locked,” Rommel replied on his bed.

The door creaked open, and a little girl came in. It was Aria, carrying a sundae.

“Monsieur Rommel, please have this,” said the little girl looking a little embarrassed.

“It’s very kind of you, Aria,” said Rommel slowly. “But shouldn’t you be caring for your sister Sonia?”

“Amatia and Rico are caring for her. And Maestro told me to come to you,” Aria said in her small voice.

Rommel thought about the time that their last battle took place. It was something he did not really want to think of again. The mafia greatly outnumbered them, and its members are more than determined to fight, but after Rommel and the girls took over a dozen of the men down the rest broke and ran. It was at the end of the fight did it happen. Hemoptysis, Rommel recalled the name of the symptom, the coughing up of blood… Fresh bright red blood being coughed up by Sonia.

The scene of Sonia coughing up blood without stop… blood in her hands that were covering her mouth… blood on her pretty dress… blood dripping down to the wet ground around her… It was not pretty.

“Aria, return to your sister Sonia. She feels happy when you’re beside her,” said Rommel quietly.

“Will Monsieur Rommel come too later… ?” Aria asked softly.

“Yes… later… ” replied Rommel. Aria then turned for the door.

“Oh, and why is this sundae not chocolate flavored?” asked Rommel when he noticed the sundae Aria brought was a strawberry one.

“Strawberry is better,” said Aria turning back with her cute face in a serious expression.

…​

A few moments later Rommel finished the sundae Aria brought in. It was time to see how Sonia was faring.
Rommel proceeded to walk out of his room.

Rommel opened the door and prepared to walk out, but as he opened the door the door seemed the bumped into another figure.

“Owww… Monsieur Rommel…” said Rico covering her nose. “Don’t open the door so suddenly…”

“I’m sorry, Rico…” began Rommel while handing Rico her fallen glasses to her. Suddenly a spark went through Rommel’s mind. He faced Rico directly and asked seriously, “Rico, this may not be the best timing, but can you spare some time?”

“What…” Rommel’s words startled the girl, but she then finally said, “Sure. It’s alright for me, Monsieur Rommel.”
Rommel and Rico then went into what seemed to be the library of the house. It was small room made even more squeezed by a rather large amount of books stacked on the shelves.

“I should just make it easy to answer, Rico. How long were you with the Maestro and the other girls? How was life with him?”

“Well, Monsieur Rommel. I was with the Maestro almost as long as I can remember. Amatia seemed to be with the Maestro almost as long as I have, while Sonia a little longer. We lived together for a long time, we learned whatever the Maestro told us to do, and did whatever he told us to do. We live pretty happily since we always have the money to buy whatever we want. Aria came to us more than a year ago, and she is a real delight.” Rico finished blushing a little.

Rommel thought about the acts of the girls he witnessed in the train and in the villa. They all were suppose to be so distant from the girls’ world.

“Do you know exactly what you were doing all the time?”

“We were doing what the Maestro told us to do. That’s all.”

“That’s all…” muttered Rommel to himself. There was nothing more to be gained by asking the girls, he thought.

“Thank you for your time, Rico. By the way what were you doing in front of my door?”

“Oh, yes! I forgot to tell you, Monsieur Rommel,” said Rico as if she remembered something important. “The Maestro wants me to ask you to our room.”

Rommel and Rico then left the library and head towards the girls’ room. When Rommel opened the door, the Maestro and the three other girls were all present.

“Monsieur Rommel, I’m glad you can join us here,” said the Maestro when he saw Rommel coming through the door. “Sonia is up now and better. Although she still needs some rest, she wants us to hold a small concert for you.”

In the room there was an old upright piano where Sonia was sitting before, while Amatia had her violin out. Rico went ahead to get her clarinet, and little Aria seemed ready to sing.

“Concert…?” asked Rommel while looking a bit worried at Sonia. The girl was still looking a bit pale, but she was still able to smile when Rommel looked at her.

“Yes, Monsieur Rommel. A small concert I’m afraid, but nevertheless a concert. I shall be conducting. Now, will you take a seat?”

Rommel found a comfortable chair and sat down, and the rest of occupants of the room prepared themselves for the upcoming performance. Maestro initiated the small group by a small gesture with his baton.

Amatia started by playing her violin. She gracefully glided her bow over the strings of the violin, creating a series of pleasant melodies. Then Rico started to play her clarinet, and the beautiful notes that make up the melodies seemed to flow out of her instrument. Lastly, Sonia started to dance her fingers across the white and black keyboards of the piano, fully blending into the melodies played by the previously two with her euphonic sounds of the piano.

Aria took a small breath before taking a step forward, and began to sing. The volume was not high as Aria was still small, but otherwise the singing was shear perfection, far beyond any standards set in the past millenia of human history.

Rommel listened the small concert held for him in awe, especially to Aria whose cheeks were glowing bright red as she sang. Rommel then thought about the files he just recently obtained in one of his many packages. Were they all true? The files about the Maestro and the girls’ involvement with the Legion etrangere’s undisclosed program Thanatos.

Thanatos.jpg

(Well, here's Thanatos, Death himself ;))​

Last edited:
it seems so strange that these cute and happy little girls can be deadly killers. i wonder what is the maestro's dark secret?

it seems so strange that these cute and happy little girls can be deadly killers. i wonder what is the maestro's dark secret?

That, will have something to do with Thanatos. Stay tuned. :D

Dunno why, I had the impression that Thanatos or Hades would be fooling around. Venus wasn't the appropiate Goddess for the game, methinks....

Last edited: