• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it works like Rome, same engine and all, they should go into the Screenshots folder unless you installed it into the default \program files\ directory and have UAC enabled, in which case they will probably be buried in your \(account)\app data\eu folder.

Theoretically.

Me.

You have to take a few before the folder appears I think but with UAC on this is where mine is:

"C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\Screenshots"

Make a shortcut to this folder on your desktop, its easier to find.

I have Vista, and there is definately a screenshots subfolder in the EUIII folder on my computer.

Turn off User Account Control. It causes all of these problems.

DSwann said:
UAC is not the problem, it is a very worthwhile feature. It is legacy programs not adopting to Vista's file structure causing problems. It has more to do with EUIII being the problem :p

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538
When I got my computer, I had countless problems doing anything or finding anything. As soon as I turned off UAC, I stopped having problems. And I can't think of any reason why it could be considered a worthwhile feature. What do you find useful about it?
And it has nothing to do with EUIII since all my files are saved in the right places (i.e. Program Files). I learned from another thread that UAC is what causes Program Files to be locked and saves files in some random other folder. :mad:

I'm having the same problem with Vista. But there's no AppData folder in my user folder. :confused:

If this is a hidden folder, how do I get to see it. I really want to see the screenshot of my first game I just finished...

Rhyfelwyr said:
I'm having the same problem with Vista. But there's no AppData folder in my user folder. :confused:

If this is a hidden folder, how do I get to see it. I really want to see the screenshot of my first game I just finished...

Click Start (circle thing)
Control Panel
Folder Options
Click View (tab)
Click circle Show hidden files and folders.

Then the AppData comes up :)

Haftetavenscrap said:
When I got my computer, I had countless problems doing anything or finding anything. As soon as I turned off UAC, I stopped having problems. And I can't think of any reason why it could be considered a worthwhile feature. What do you find useful about it?
And it has nothing to do with EUIII since all my files are saved in the right places (i.e. Program Files). I learned from another thread that UAC is what causes Program Files to be locked and saves files in some random other folder.
It's very useful if you are not an institution and you regularly operate as an ordinary user (in the *nix manner). In that case you get the benefit of a degree of sandboxing (it's harder for exploit code to function since it needs to find a privilege escalation bug or convince you to run it as an admin before it can do very much except bug you; if you run the 'ordinary' way any code can do anything it likes as soon as you run it, no matter what) while still being able to run programs as an admin if necessary. It functions much like the 'su' command in Linux. I used it in precicesly this manner for some time and was very happy with it (I ended up migrating back to XP for unrelated reasons). You just need to change how you do things slightly and understand the purpose of UAC; since doing so is not much less convenient and increases security a fair deal, I see it as a good tradeoff.

And games aren't supposed to put save games, screenshots and the like in the Program Files folder; what they should do is put them in My Games/WhateverTheGameIs. That way, each user can have his or her own save games and what not, the program does not need administrator privileges to merely save data, and in general the usefulness and security is improved. Just because Paradox and most other game makers prior to the last couple of years chose to ignore that doesn't mean they should have, or that it's a good thing. Actually, I find the way Vista handles it to be perfectly reasonable, given the circumstances. It's basically tricking the offending programs to think they are screwing around in Program Files when they're not, and don't have to. They could certainly do with putting it in a more obvious place, though.