• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Negative/positive manner can be defined by emoticons, I think. You did not used any emots in your post so someone can take your words as a negative manner. ;)

I'm a passive forum reader and I've almost never posted, but I have just read this AAR for the first time within the past few days. It is truly excellent, but I'm dismayed to see no one has posted in almost a month! I think we all appreciate quality over constant updating, but don't let your AAR fade away.

Say it ain't so Robw! Keep Poland alive!

Thanks.

A good thing you haven't updated is that I managed to catch up quite quickly. The quality of your AAR keeps impressing me. The graphics are superb and your writing style is great as well. Take your time. I'm sure the new update will be worth the waiting.

Last time I replied I got a warning bout not spamming the thread :(
I wish there was an update, but as the admin said, it will come when Rob's ready for it....

/me hopes Rob is soon ready for it

darn

Well, this is the third AAR I've read that's died in progress. I'm gonna stop reading 'em if they're not complete. Oh well, had lot's of promise and showed some great tips for future writers.

Well, this is the third AAR I've read that's died in progress. I'm gonna stop reading 'em if they're not complete. Oh well, had lot's of promise and showed some great tips for future writers.

it shouldn't be 'dead dead' since i've talked with rob and he's assured me he'll return to updating . being a professional (and a successful one at that if i might say so) at his field (he's a big shot design company honcho) , he's got himself in a bit of a tight spot with all of his work but he'll be back later on this summer

Then you're going to read very few AARs, then. And this AAR is not dead, as Canonized and Rob himself had said.

Then you're going to read very few AARs, then. And this AAR is not dead, as Canonized and Rob himself had said.

Seconded. I talked wit Rob myself a few days ago. He said that he really wants to update it.

forkboy: Have just got caught up the whole way through this, all 72 pages. Utterly fantastic read, well done. Very good use of images too, especially the battle gifs. .. Bravo.

agreed ! ! :cool:

that said, we will all be glad when an update arrives ! ! :)

Seconded. I talked wit Rob myself a few days ago. He said that he really wants to update it.

Well, that's good news then! Rob, my apologies and also my sincere thanks and appreciation for the work you've done to this point. I understand that real life needs to take precedence over providing us/me with free entertainment. :)

Thanks again.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to point out to you, for those not already aware, that there is currently an HOI3 AAR Writing contest taking place. The subject is Poland vs Germany in 1939 and there are 63 really worthwhile entries. Presumably if you've been following this AAR, this is a subject matter you'd be interested in. I do have an entry in here but I'll let you figure out where it is. There are lots of great short AARs in there...I highly recommend you check it out.

The entries can be viewed and read in THIS THREAD

You can vote for your favorite entries in THIS THREAD

First prize gets a hard copy of HOI3 signed by the development team!

Update

So I think it's time to report what's happening with this AAR. My brief responses in the recent past haven't seemed to satisfy everyone, so I'd like to try and dish up a little more detail here.

1. This AAR is NOT dead (promise!)
  2. I needed to put this AAR on hold because of some intense work related time commitments..and really...when it comes to choosing between this hobby and my business, I'm afraid the business stuff will always win. I have employees who depend on me to feed, clothe and house themselves and their families. That's a responsibility I take very seriously. All that said...the BIG project I've been working is winding down to a conclusion. in the next month or so and my time will loosen up again.
  3. I've boxed myself into an AAR style which is incredibly time intensive. Consider that a single update can take as much as 20-24 hours of time (an entire weekend) to create and that doesn't even count the time involved in playing the game and screenshotting nearly each hour of gameplay and modifying files and graphics. I'd prefer to maintain the level of detail but literally haven't had the time available to do it. That's beginning to change.
  4. I'm currently experimenting with different approaches to playing the game from 1940-1942 leading up to an invasion of the Soviet Union. I'm really eager to optimize the hell out of everything and make the updates, interesting, exciting and informative. I am having a little problem though. In my tests, The USSR is frequently declaring war on Japan which draws disproportionate numbers of Soviet divisions eastwards (away from Poland) which honestly? kinda ruins all the fun. I'm needing to try and modify the events in a way that prevents this. If anyone has any suggestions of a way of preventing this...I'd love to hear it. It seems related to an initial DOW by Japan on the Allies...but I'm still having trouble locating the exact trigger that has the USSR declaring war on Japan.
  5. I DO have some gameplay stuff screenshotted and in the can (related to an invasion of Yugoslavia) but I'm hesitating sharing this until I can get the whole sequence of events related to the USSR invasion resolved. I'm also aware that people were kind of annoyed I would attack Yugoslavia in the first place...:rolleyes:
  6. I'm really sorry if people are disappointed with the lack of updating. There's not a whole lot i can do about that other than explain the reasons why and at least offer hope for a return. I really do appreciate all the support I've gotten from people here and I don't ever want to give anyone the impression that i take that for granted.

A TOKEN OFFERING:
I found this picture which may interest some people. This is a photo from 1940 (probably around September/October). The couple are my great grandparents (my mother's grandparents) Ludwiga Romanowska (her maiden name) and Josef Chmielewski. They immigrated from Suwalki Poland to Detroit, Michigan in the beginning of 1939. You can see my mother (JoAnn) behind the window wearing diapers being held by her mother Stella Stypula (last name she took when she married my grandfather Edward). The hands totally crack me up...not sure if they're uncomfortable in front of a camera? Showing that they've just washed? Or WHAT! I thought this might intrigue some people...naturally it intrigues the hell out of me.

greatgp.png

sooo...to sum it up:
  • updates are in the works
  • my job sucks
  • my great grandparents were into displaying their hands.

Have a nice day :)

I love the photo, it's really excellent.

While I'm disappointed I won't get to immediately read the next update I completely understand your priorities. Take the time you need.