• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you to everyone for your votes. I really appreciate the recognition!

I would like to point out, however, what I believe to be a mistake in the voting. I have inadvertantly won the HOI2 narrative category when, in fact, my AAR is not a narrative. I would categorize my AAR as a gameplay AAR and stated as much in my first post. I'd like to ask voters who may have misunderstood the meaning of the word "narrative" to request that their votes be reassigned to trekaddict who I believe to be the rightful winner of this category. I might suggest you contact phargle or canonized by PM to make this request.

Thank you again for the votes!

ROMANU said:
and judging that those 1000 post covered 2-3 months of war...

Unfortunately it seems that we won't see any further wars here.
I know from my experience that Poland even with Ger and ITA annexed is too weak to tackle Red Bear alone.
To have some chances and some fun in this scenario you need to mod quite a few things:
a) Central European Alliance - POL, ROM, FIN, TUR, Baltic countries and HUN
b) change the JAP AI to attack SOV in the back
c) improve the POL situation - bring back Rejewski and Ulam, bump up other TT or move the CZE ones (esp. Skoda for assembly techs), cores in CZE and in the Recovered Territories (you can delete the claims in SOV and UKR to emulate people moves).

I found myself that the amount of time needed to mod this things up was too much and usually quit.
I hope that this AAR is not dead and you will show us Miedzymorze

Couple of things to consider if I were you:
a) you don't have a proper TT to catch up with tanks, you don't have TC and IC needed, you don't have many Panzer Leaders - MOT/MEC combo should be better. The MP problem could be solved by disbanding CAV and INF or by couple of events to emulate polish emigrates to US, France, etc volunteering
b) just as with GER INF 41 is a top priority. I would also add the Logistics and Land Doctrine techs - these are crucial. Airforce is just nice too have

Regards
Zibi

Remember he's now Free Market & full Hawk Lobby (not to mention Stern Imperialist as HoS) - so affording tanks shouldn't be THAT hard. But I'd go hor Mot/Mec + massive air support. In my first game I attacked SOV in '43, captured all of european Soviet Union, liberated Russia and left it the rest of the fighting, then got bored a bit and launched Arcanum ;).

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - A New World Power

header5.jpg

November 25, 1939 - 0:00 - Secret Session of the Sejm - Warsaw:

Decisions have been made regarding the future course of Poland in the wake of the victory over Germany. In a special secret session of the Sejm (Polish Parliament), the following action items are agreed upon:
  1. Eastern Provinces of Germany will be absorbed into Wielka Polska (Greater Poland) and as much technology benefit will be extracted from German research infrastructure as possible.
  2. The alliance with the Western Allies will be terminated but not until maximum benefit has been derived from them (trade and technology blueprints).
  3. Overtures will be made to both Hungary and Romania in the hope of creating an anti-Bolshevik bloc. This effort will hinge upon healing the bitter dispute between Hungary and Romania over the disputed Transylvanian provinces.
  4. Aide will be provided to Finland and consideration will be made to include them in our new alliance.
  5. A massive research and production effort will be initiated to improve the combat potential of Polish armed forces in anticipation of an invasion of the Soviet Union. Current expectations foresee a 2-3 year buildup before an actual invasion can be launched.
  6. During this buildup, consolidation of Polish national security will be implemented including the possible invasion of strategically important positions in the Baltic region.

beck.gif

Jozef Beck outlining Polish policy to the Sejm

November 25, 1939 - 0:00 - Supressing German Unrest:

Unrest in annexed German territory threatens industrial productivity. Incidents of sporadic partisan activity have been reported and resource production has been compromised. As a temporary solution, I'll move my battle weary infantry divisions to supress dissent in areas of high revolt risk until the garrisons in my production queue become available.

112539_revolt.jpg

112539_suppress.jpg

November 25, 1939 - 0:00 - Diplomatic Efforts:

Up until now, my diplomatic efforts have been very modest for the exception of the push to join the western alliance early in the game. During the war with Germany, I conserved my cash reserves in anticipation of future diplomatic efforts. That time has now arrived. My main goal will be to influence the Soviet Union to hold them at biy until I have mustered enough strength to mount an attack. Influence is expensive, so I'll need to make sure I increase my trade efforts to improve my money income. Now that I'm at peace, that should be easier.

112539_diplo.jpg

November 25, 1939 - 0:00 - Intelligence Efforts:

Simultaneously, I will now assert Poland's intelligence capabilities which have been entirely neglected up to this point. Currently, I have no internal intelligence security to protect my technology assets and it is here that I will begin to allocate resources. When I have 10 internal spies, I will perform counter-intelligence efforts to remove all foreign spies from Poland (thereby preventing any of my technologies from being stolen by foreign powers). Once accomplished, I'll then focus on distributing spies into foreign countries where I can then steal their technologies and generally cause trouble.

120439_dwojka.jpg

November 25, 1939 - 0:00 - Intelligence Efforts:

Although my manpower situation is precarious, I'll begin the process of increasing the size of my army in anticipation of an invasion of the Soviet Union. Since HQ's are so vital towards a a successful invasion effort, I'll begin with a serial run of 7 HQ divisions. Each HQ costs 5 manpower which is about all I can afford right now. If my plans go according to schedule, I may be prepared by the Summer of 1942 for war with the Soviet Union.

112539_production.jpg

November 26, 1939 - 0:00 - Victory Over Germany - A Moral Choice:

It's now time to declare to the world Poland's intention to assert itself as a World Power. The assumption in London and Paris is that we would peacefully release Germany and put Europe back into a state of equilibrium. Poland has much more grand intentions however. This will be the beginning of a path toward increasing friction and mistrust between Poland and its western allies and will declare to all, most notably the Soviet Union, that there's a new player on the world stage. Beware to all that stand in Poland's way.

The following event occurs in two stages:

STAGE 1: Victory Over Germany - A Moral Choice
Option A: absorb eastern Germany into Poland and incur the diplomatic wrath of my allies and the Soviet Union
Option B: Release Germany and placate my neighbors.

STAGE 2: - Loot the German Research Labs (available only if Option A is selected above)
Option A: Gain Infantry Related blueprints
Option B: Gain Armor Related blueprints
Option C: Gain Aircraft Related blueprints
Option D: Gain Naval Related blueprints
In each case, Research Efficiency is increased by 1% to simulate the defection of a small minority of German scientists to the Polish cause.

112639_moralchoice.jpg

I'll immediately utilize the 100 manpower gained by the absorption of eastern Germany by constructing 12 Militia divisions. Militia divisions are pathetically weak, but they will allow me to release my main infantry formations from occupation duty in Germany for better uses elsewhere.

112639_militia.jpg

November 26, 1939 - 0:00 - Technology Aftermath:

I selected Armor technologies during the Looting the German Research Labs event which gave me blueprints for the following technologies:
  1. Basic Light Tank
  2. Basic Medium Tank
  3. Early Self Propelled Artillery
  4. Basic Field Artillery
  5. Basic Static Anti-Air Artillery
  6. Basic Anti-Air Artillery Brigade
My Research Efficiency also gained by 1%.

112639_tech.jpg

November 26-27, 1939 - 0:00 - Industrial Aftermath:

By aborbing Eastern Germany, I have gained 7 new core provinces which will increase my Industrial Capacity and Manpower gain significantly. One day after the Moral Choice event, I'm already realizing these benefits.

anim54.gif

November 27, 1939 - 0:00 - Political Aftermath:

Absorbing eastern German provinces and looting their research labs creates a wave of resentment across European capitals. It also results in the alteration of internal policy with Poland, namely a more conservative, repressive atmosphere which only further antagonizes the western allies.

112739_polafter.png

Last edited:
Still, too bad you don't have ARMA. Tech Team takeover would have been useful and explained this way: "Several key German Scientists and reasearch teams have been 'persuaded' to work for the Polish cause."

Still, I think that this way is more realistic and equally fun.

Excellent chapter. Peace with you isn't boring!

The question is... will Russia be so kind to wait till 1942 to be invaded?

I hope so... :D

I think you took the right choices there, but I am doubting whether Poland can sustain a large Armoured fighting force for too long. I guess you just need to build up the reserves and hope you get an early breakthrough to the Baku Oilfields not too far into the war. Either that, or it is just because I am an ardent infantry General... :)

Well you praised my basic maps, so I have to say that you have surpassed yourself this time around! Really inspiring work rob :)

Excellent update. Great events and choices on your part!

Nice update, I like the events you have set up.