• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait to recover IC from the war, build up for taking care of the USSR and make strong ties with the Balkans.

Oh, and invade France, please. With the Nazis gone and the Soviets next on the list, the French are the only baddies left, along with the Brits :D

Forget this last point, it's just a joke.

Again a HoI newbie question; is it even possible to create an alliance that isn't the Allies, the Nazis/Fascists or the Communists?

Hello

First of all big congrats
You've made it :-D

Baiting Germans to Bydgoszcz seemed a bit to risky to me.
Did you consider the Oppeln trap ?
I found it a better and safer solution to turn the tide

The big question now - What's next

IMHO the first option - status quo it'll be very boring but it's a certain win
AI SOV won't do anything - I'm not 100% sure but Poland alive sleeps winter war and demands to Baltic and Romania
SOV will wake up on Cold War got Hot
JAP hasn't got many chances with unobstructed USA & GB and I think that USA will grab Korea alone and that will trigger nuke fest
Untill that moment it'll be about 5 years boredom

For me the second option comes in two "flavors"
a) "To the Right" - butter yellow WC in every direction
You'll be basically a weaker Germany trying to tame a bear without the Bitter Peace option. You do not have GER IC, MP, leaders, Tech Teams, Panzers, Stukas and so on
Until 1942 your land doctrine is below SOV
SOV AI will got proper GDE since the moment you attack
For me it's a bit too masochist but considering that there are guys who play Gotterdammerung as Japan and suceed that option could also be succesful

IMHO however there is a better option:
b) "To the left" - toward Miedzymorze
You need an independend alliance in the Central Europe:
Finland, Baltics, Romania and Turkey
Hungary you can buy and placate with Slovakia

You could also consider attack under allied umbrella but i don't think you'll get much help other than airforce support

Your first target is obvious
Please consider - Pilsudski secured west border and knows that east neigbour despite having non-agression pact planned again another partition of Poland.
So it's the highest time for another Kiev Offensive

Szcze ne vmerla Ukraina !!!

Best Regards
Zibi

Poland does sleep winter war and the claim bessarabia events but my experience is that the USSR will grab the Baltics and Bessarabia by standard demanding of territory, but Finland will remain intact.

I go for the second choice.

Expand on your newfound conquests! You need to show the world the power of the Poles!

Nice frickin map too.

canonizedrobw963.png

Just a little announcement that some of you may be interested in. AAR author extraordinaire canonized has published an interview with me in his epic EU3 AAR Timelines. It was fun to share some details about both Timelines and WIELKOPOLSKA and reveal some aspects about myself, why I made this AAR, how I make things, and even little about the old man himself Józef Piłsudski. Find the interview HERE

While you're there, I highly recommend reading canonized's impressive AAR Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? I normally struggle with narrative styled AARs, but i think this one is pretty special and certainly worth the time to absorb. A special thanks to canonized for his generous inclusion of me into his AAR.

Last edited:
AND ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT:

Throughout the creation of this AAR, I have received numerous PMs from readers asking for advice on various graphical techniques that I use. It's really not practical or efficient for me to answer each and every request individually. However, I'd like to offer what I hope is a better alternative. I have written an article in this month's issue of the AARlander which discusses graphics in general and provides 4 specific tutorials on the creation of particular graphic effects. Specifically, those are:
  1. How to Make Curved Arrows: Many have asked how to create the curved arrows used on my battle maps.
  2. How to Create and Apply Custom Patterns: I get a lot of questions about how to create the diagonal pattern used in the Industrial Capacity comparison maps.
  3. How to Edit a Photo: This details how the Polish battle flag hoisted over the Reichstag was created.
  4. How to Create an Animated GIF: It's really difficult to show how the battle animations are created, but I wanted to at least indicate how the animation feature within Photoshop works.

LINK TO THIS MONTH'S AARLANDER

I felt a strong urge to give back to my readership and offer what I can in return for all the great attention I've received for this AAR. Consider this my gift back to all of you. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Big congratulations!
I feel the Red Threat to the White Eagle will need to go first! But whatever you do, please keep showing the class and style you're going by right now :D

Impressive.
I've only seen a conquest of Germany in Poland's favour when I (as Britain) landed my entire army in Danzig on 1st September 1939.
So, having just read the entire AAR to date, and (obviously) looking forward already to your further conquests, all I can say is best of luck...and may Poland triumph!

robw963: ...Newly transformed into a world power, Poland now faces critical decisions about its future course.

Poland has a serious need for IC and Manpower, especially since Uncle Joe will never be truly friendly. therefore, i suggest the following:

hold a plebiscite in each of the following countries: Germany, Austria, Hungary. Offer guarantees of freedom following final victory, subject to a final plebiscite. In Austria and Hungary, have two issues on the ballet. first, cores to Poland. Second, does vote take effect by 'State' (or other (lesser) political subdivision,) or as the Nation of Austria (or, Hungary.) Personally, considering what i have read in this AAR, and elsewhere, i would expect that Austria and Hungary would both vote to enter as Nations as cores.

in Germany, voting is to be by each 'state', or lesser political subdivision. please realize that in Germany, you need first ICs, then Manpower. thus you need to expedite the acquisition of cores ASAP with the realization that you may never achieve this in a national election.

now, the key to winning cores by election in Germany is the following table:

Code:
                          favorable        favorable %
[B]percent[/B] of electorate      German %         total vote

Polish    German

44 4/9	   55 5/9	      10		50

37.5       62.5              20			50

33 1/3	   66 2/3	      25		50

30 5/9	   69 4/9	      28		50

28 4/7	   71 3/7	      30		50

25         75                33 1/3		50

note that as the favorable German vote ( percent ) goes up, the needed population of Polish voters (at 100 percent favorable) goes down. also note that the above table achieves exactly 50 percent. so, either the Germans or the Polish voters must supply at least one more vote to achieve a favorable outcome.

now, you may ask, "how do we achieve those needed Polish voters in Germany." good question. first, you draft some Germans into the armed forces, and replace them with Polish workers. second, you just 'move' in some Polish voters as immigrants. also, in a lot of provinces near the old frontier, you will have a huge native Polish population, anyway. furthermore, you enforce that no non-resident soldiers will have voting rights in any election (to further placate those resident voters.)

additionally, as you chip away at obtaining cores in Germany, the remaining areas will be favorably influenced to become cores.

naturally, as you become adapt at winning the hearts and minds of non (Polish) nationals, you can expand this tactic to other annexed countries. :D

robw963: ...The choice is stark: Poland must choose to either preserve the status quo or press forward towards a new age and a resurgence of the greatness of Poland with all the consequences that might entail.

IMHO, the presence of Uncle Joe gives you only the later option as viable. hence, my statements above.

magnificent updates ! ! :cool:

That was a capital article rob!
Really good work, I'm going to practice arrow making the rest of the day :eek:o

robw963 said:
I'm currently building and testing a whole new set of events that will simulate many aspects of Międzymorze and Prometheism.

I await the developments.

You have showed me a new side of geopolitics, and I want to thank you for that.

1. Germany and Austria should stay occupied - Polish soldiers discovered some nasty evidence in Gestapo offices and places like Dachau or Buchenwald -> this shocked polish public opinion -> public opinion demand denazification of Germany and Austria. This is serious task so you should occupy this territories for at least 5-10 years.
III Reich was an agressive country - they remilitarized Ruhr Area, they attacked Czechoslovakia, Lithuania (Memel area) and Poland. Piłsudski as early as in 1933 wanted to attack with France nazi Germany.

2. Some Polish and Czech citizens with German roots, who helped III Reich in agression should lost theirs citizenships and be deported to Germany (smaler mp in Danzig, Bydgoszcz, Torun, Poznan, Usti, Liberec, Strakorice, Tabor

3. Poland should annex Elbing and Konignberg (add cores) and give Memel back to Lithuania, some Germans should be deported from this teritories (smaler mp)

4. Poland should annex Opplen, some Germans should be deported from this teritory (core, smaler mp)

5. Poland should form with Czech and Slovakia one united country (add cores)

6. About Sttetin, Kustrin and Breslau - during real 2WW only communist demand to annex these territories. Democratic parties demanded only half of Silesia and liquidation of Prussia part of Germany. In your game Poland didn't lose Kresy (east part of Poland), so people stayed in these teritories -> you havn't got so much population to transfer. But if you annex Czech and Slovakia you should annex Breslau too (to shorten borders). If you add core for Breslau you should drastically decrease there mp (and maybe remove some fabrics)

7. Poland should take some of goods from Germany as war reparations -> add some infrastructure and fabrics in Poland, remove in Germany and Austria

8. Deportation of German population from teritories annexed by Poland should be gradual. Money for partial reparation for deported people shold go from German territories budget.

9. New teritories without German population = an agrarian reform in Poland (some people from Central Poland go to "Recovered Territories" , some emigrants from Brazil and USA can come back to Poland)

10. Polish emigrants from Ruhr Area, France and Belgium can come back to Poland to work in silesian coal mines.

Last edited: