Thread: WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

I await the next step

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Damnit, why'd the event have to fail?

I hate puppets with a vengence.
    Fan of the Week: 08/02/08
    Please go HERE, and help us develop new TT's for AoD!
    Awarded a Cookie by Remble, for spotting the Austrian Interceptor Squadron.

Approved AAR's:
    China's AARight to be Hostile - A different way for the Guomindang By Porkman
    The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 By Remble
    Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR By th3freakie
    Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War By Myth
    sAARawakian history I By guy_montag

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Just fire the events for the Soviets manually...
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Europa Universalis 3

Originally Posted by CEGORACH
    Impossible. THe whole idea was to keep the from fighting each other + Poland and Hungary are traditional friends - for some eight centuries at least.
    Oops I forgot the fact that the hungarians didd'nt even take part in fall weis.
    What I meen is that it would be a choice, romania or hungary. I would choose Romania just becouse I like them.
    French Algeria, time of glory. (on hold do to writers block.)

WW2, rise of Austria. (Ongoing)

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you can load up as the USSR and acceptall on the Baltics and Bessarabia.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Bran
    Oops I forgot the fact that the hungarians didd'nt even take part in fall weis.
    What I meen is that it would be a choice, romania or hungary. I would choose Romania just becouse I like them.

Apparently one company did - on Polish side

There were several volunteers from Hungary too, but the said unit crossed the border to help a Polish unit to reach Hungary and safety.

Only a small margin of Hungarian nazis resented Poles - for example when the Maczek's armoured 'Black Brigade' crossed the border after the order to evacuate was given by Smigly-Rydz it was welcomed as heroes.

Germans did ask Hungary to at least allow transit of troops and munitions - useful in the later part of the war, but that was declined by its government responding 'we would have a revolution here'.

During the war both, in theory enemies barely exchengade fire - Home Army even established half concealed section in Hungary (code name 'Liszt') and when Hungarian forces were in Poland they either 'ignored' POlish guerillas or supplied them with weaponry.
    Hungarian troops deployed close to Warsaw in summer 1944 proposed to join the Uprising as 'Royal Legion of St.Stephen' which was accepted by the Poles, but had to be confirmed by the Allies (otherise the Magyars would lose combatant rights and would be shot either by Germans or the Soviets) - which didn't happen - German HQ learnt about it and decided they cannot risk putting Huns and Poles together. The units were redeployed to the south - there were some incidents between Germans and Hungarians so it might be the last call to order the redeployement.

Simply if someone wouldn't fight each other in this part of Europe it would be Poles and Hungarians - check Wiki for Pole, Hungarian - two brothers .

PS IN a millenium of relationship there were perhaps two wars between Poland and Hungary - both etremely unpopular on both sides, the second (1657-60) a total disaster for Transylvania (everyone opposed the attack in that state - except the Duke - his advisors, leaders of all religious communities, even his wife) considered one of the greatest political blunders in entire history of the EE.
    Poland conquers the world - my first and only AAR - abandoned after the conquest of New Zealand, China, Japan, India, Canada and the USA due to a fatal HDD failure...

The exiled - Dutch CORE AAR

Cegorach's CORE improvement pack

CORE improvement pack for AoD

Crusader Kings II

Hmm, well Romania was the country that helped the Polish govt flee into exile, and got or transferred most of the remaining military equipment. It didn't help the Polish resistance, because the SU was later involved in the Allied support for the Polish resistance.
    Into CKII now

Old HoI2 stuff:

The IIIrd Romanian Kingdom - mod33 aar - Fronts: Siberia, Persia, C Asia. | God Save The Tsar...And Protect The Duma - ATR AAR - both abandoned
    A Random AAR - 10-Afr Scenario AAR - finished
    Mods and scenarios: Research Specialization Mod | 10-Afr Scenario | Romania Improvement Project
    Part of: The Kaiserreich Team (retired) | E3 Project - former Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod, former Über Balkan Mod (Ex-General Secretary)
    Second Chief of Navy - Jiu Zung-jan in Cantonia AAR - finished, so I died in 1973 as the father of the Cantonian nuclear carrier program.
    Alejandro Finesterre - Armaments Minister in Catalonia's Struggle
    Nationality: Romanian|Location: Bucharest|Religion: Atheist|Political Party: They should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush3r
    Hmm, well Romania was the country that helped the Polish govt flee into exile, and got or transferred most of the remaining military equipment. It didn't help the Polish resistance, because the SU was later involved in the Allied support for the Polish resistance.
    The problem was that Hungary are traditionally very close. Romania was friendly (and was awarded for that with this equipment which was evacuated), but it was also formally allied against the SU.

Besides I don't believe there is a competition who is more friendly, isn't there ?

PS The biggest difficulty was that Poland had two meaningful (no offence to Estonia or Latvia), potential allies - unfortunatelly both were very much against each other...
    Poland conquers the world - my first and only AAR - abandoned after the conquest of New Zealand, China, Japan, India, Canada and the USA due to a fatal HDD failure...

let this be left alone

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

As a lurker I like what you have done so far. As a word of advice for the future -- do what you deem right, but keep it real.

Now I think that there should be a conference of the victors. There you can show some of the doctrine changes of Poland. Also remember that Germany signed the MRP with Soviet Union. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if you happen to find a copy of the treaty, while going throught the archives in occupied Berlin.
    Alpha et Omega.
    Fan of the Week Oct, 2005

Member of TOP (The Order of the Paradox, a Cybernations based alliance.)

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    As a lurker I like what you have done so far. As a word of advice for the future -- do what you deem right, but keep it real.

Now I think that there should be a conference of the victors. There you can show some of the doctrine changes of Poland. Also remember that Germany signed the MRP with Soviet Union. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if you happen to find a copy of the treaty, while going throught the archives in occupied Berlin.
    Thanks for the poke. I've had my head buried in some alterations which I believe will address many of the suggestions received from readers. I'd prefer to keep these changes relatively secret for now since I believe the AAR is more interesting if things are revealed within the context of the AAR updates. Here are a few teasers though:
    1. I'm currently building and testing a whole new set of events that will simulate many aspects of Międzymorze and Prometheism.
    2. Since I'm playing Doomsday and not Armageddon, I don't have the option to release sub-parts of Germany (like Bavaria) as has been suggested. As you probably already know, I'm not very keen on releasing puppets anyway...but wanted you to know that I explored the possibility in the new set of events I'm creating.
    3. I have warmed up to the ideas suggested by others for Hungarian and Romanian cooperation with Poland. Relations between Hungary and Romania are tricky, but I believe I've come up with a way to simlulate a believable solution. Testing as we speak.
    4. I still feel strongly that a re-union with Lithuania is not realistic in this timeframe, however, I'm working a chain of events that I think will create an interesting possibility there.
    5. I'm determined to make these new events actually function within the game system and not simply fire them manually, so bear with me while I sort through these things and and get everything running smoothly.
    6. I'll be updating this coming weekend.
    Last edited by robw963; 31-10-2008 at 13:41.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

You might want to use some of those leaders (about 140 new commanders) - the list is developed (heavily modified) from that in a very old mod for vanilla HoI 2 - 'II RP mod'.

Might have its uses, though much lesser in so advanced campaign.

here it is

http://rapidshare.com/files/159014007/leaders.rar

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - Diplomatic Situation

Phase 3

November 25, 1939 - 7:00 - Warsaw:

Newly transformed into a world power, Poland now faces critical decisions about its future course. Shall we play nice and reassure our western allies that we're democratically inclined? This implies re-establishing the German state (although with a far more acceptable government). Or, do we capitalize on our recent victory and expand the economy allowing for even greater conquests? A few opportunities are readily apparent. Hungary and Romania are our natural brothers and would likely, under the right circumstances, join us in a crusade against Bolshevism. The choice is stark: Poland must choose to either preserve the status quo or press forward towards a new age and a resurgence of the greatness of Poland with all the consequences that might entail.
    Last edited by robw963; 01-11-2008 at 02:37.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Cisár všetkıch Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    The second choice, obviously, is favorable!!!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    54 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    I would go for the second option! Pilsudski needs more Ribbons!

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

The German nation must wallow in shame after such a disasterous to the Poles.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Wow , that was another excellent update . The smooth diplomatic interface you've set up totally interweaves the data of the relationships with the palpability of a refreshing tablet . It really makes me want to replay HOI2 !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Colonel

That is one amazing map...
    phargle gave me a pet snail. @_'' Isn't it cute?

Europa Universalis 3

Of course you should conqer the lost lands of the commenwealth.
    But wouldn't relations with hungary become more strained now that you have some of thier cores?
    French Algeria, time of glory. (on hold do to writers block.)

WW2, rise of Austria. (Ongoing)

World power lol. I would call it a level 5 nation on the edge lol. Build more IC or conquer it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 73 ... LastLast