• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Say that cores event, could you post it? I can really need it for my own Poland game.

EDIT: He needs Denmark, because when he controls denmark he controls the entrance to the Baltic, hence providing a save staging area for his fleet.

Well... I wonder if by the Molotov-Ribbentrop treaty the USSR is going to invade the Baltic states, as Poland isn't over. Just in case... Go there first! :D

So onward it is then.
You're really going Nazi Poland here don't you? :rofl:
How about Western Europe powers that have remained neutral concerning your war? Like the Benelux and the Swiss?
What's the big plan? Since you are with the man with a plan you must know your longterm goals :D

What about Italy? You really should finish off the fascists before you go for the communists, even if it is just for story purposes. Besides, you may even manage to gain a foothold in Africa.

i guess that the most probable thing to happen for such victorious poland would be to claim all the lands that have been polish before the partitions. the r-m pact should be made public, and the baltic states should be given a choice if they want to be annexed by poland or the soviet union :p

this was a great AAR so far, but at this point i'm afraid that it can become a typical WC AAR. not that i have something against WC, but this one has a great storytelling potential :)

Colonel Bran said:
hellvink look at the main goals in the first post. You will see that the balkans will probably the next victim. Then consolidation, then russia and then the rest of the world. (allies)

Yeah, I know. It just sounds so awfully Germanish!

If I may suggest something; do not go on a crazy WC campaign, as it will ruin (IMHO) the splendid atmosphere you have created. Manpower can be increased by agricultural technologies, and I'm afraid annexing your neighbour will result in net reduction of manpower, as you won't be able to win without taking loses.

Since the Axis is gone, I suggest creating a block of allied countries between the Baltic and the Black Sea. At first glance, Hungary or Romania look as potential fascist enemies, but without Germany, there's no-one to put antagonise relationships between them and Poland. Hungary and Romania have always been most keen on Poland (the Hungarians not only refused to participate in Fall Weiss, but also treated Polish refugees and PoWs with respect - vide general Maczek and his Armour-Motorised Cavalry Brigade). Speaking of Romania, someone has already mentioned the alliance against the Soviet Union. I guess that Transnistria concept can be revived.

Italy is far away... But still can be useful, because of Mussolini's hatred to communism. I can easily imagine him supporting Poland against Stalin. Don't forget that the idea behind fascism was not "we support Hitler because he is cool" but more like "we support Hitler because with him we can wipe the reds out".

The Balkan question is most interesting. Serbia was a natural ally to Russia - but an alliance between a communist country and a monarchy may be possible only is extreme situations (like RL Yugoslavia in 1941). On the other hand, alliance between Hungary, Yugoslavia and Romania simply won't work because of mutual territoria claims. There are two possible configurations, IMHO:
1) Alliance with Romania and Yugoslavia, possibly even with Greece
pros: Romania will support you against the Soviets, while Yugoslavia and Greece keep Hungary and Bulgaria checked should any of this countries try to conquer their claims
cons: possible war against Hungary, Bulgaria or Italy
2) Alliance with Hungary, Bulgaria, possibly Italy
pros: a strong ally in the South, with some valuable blueprints and resource, interesting perspectives should Italy send expeditionary forces
cons: basicly, you will be alone against the Soviets, at least for some time. Possible war against Romania

And the Baltic states. Historically, Lithuania and southern Latvia (up to Dvina) were parts of Poland since the Union of Lublin (1569) to the Third Partition (1795). They can be either incorporated by force (which can serve as a pretext to leave the Allies), or considered Casus Belli against the Soviet Union in addition to Belarus and Western Ukraine. Estonia and the rest of Latvia can be either released as an ally, or considered conquered lands in accordance to Zygmunt III's pacta conventa of 1587 (these were promises that a newly elected king of Poland had to make before coronation; he promised that Swedish-controlled Estonia shall be incorporated into the Commonwealth. Their execution in 1599 sparked the first Polish-Swedish war).

Althoug I have resignd myself to the fact that you wont release countrys, I must still agree with jedrek. It would really help the story and the atmosphere of the aar if you releasd austria, germany and the checs. The slovakians are yours and of cours the oder neisse line. Lithuania should also be in your cores.

Anyway I hope you do this after you have distroyd the red menace.

Lol, we need a real WC, just save the best for last, or second best as it seems you are going after the Soviets next.

Leave Japan and the US for lsat, that we we will still have a good fight to the finish.

And you need Denmark, like other people said, it gives you control of the Baltic, but also Polands first overseas colony!

Last edited:
I've had a development I'd like to report to all my readers. The centerpiece of this AAR is the WIELKOPOLSKA event which I've detailed in past posts. A consequence of the rapid defeat of Germany is that several key events (such as the Soviet/Finnish Winter War and Soviet Baltic intervention) will now not occur. These events require either the existence of Germany and/or the lack of existence of Poland. In my past Polish campaigns, I was not able to conquer Germany until after these above mentioned events have fired (specifically Soviet intervention in the Baltics). This development, along with the persistent urging of many readers, has led me to reconsider to nature of the WIELKOPOLSKA event. While I can't promise the puppet release ORGY that many seem to crave (at least for the near term), I can say that the concepts of Prometheism and Międzymorze will be incorporated. Bear with me, these changes will require a little more effort to implement but, if things go according to my plan, I'll be able to show some progress by next weekend. I'll be happy to reveal the details of the event after it has occurred in the AAR...so until then, please allow things to reveal themselves within the framework of the AAR.

One other note: I have received numerous PMs from people asking for various advice regarding some of the graphical techniques in this AAR. I wish I had the time/energy to respond to everyone indivudually, but I hope to offer a better alternative. I have written an article scheduled to appear in the next issue of the AARlander which specifically addresses the questions I've received and provides specific, step-by-step guides in a graphical format. Stay tuned!

Let me explain myself. I do not crave releasing pupptes, nor do I want to see Czechoslovakia recreated. The current situation (with Germany and Austria occupied and Czechoslovakia annexed) fits me perfectly. I'm against seeing Poland annex, for example, Turkey or Yugoslavia just "because we were bored and those countires look nice".

And one more word about puppets - when I mentioned alliances with Romania and Hungary I did not mean "conquer&release" procedure, but rather "influence&ally, even if this means using acceptall". The HoI2 diplomacy is so unrealistic and stiff that, should you try an unhistorical gameplay, that cheat is a must.

Can you also change the Soviet AI, so that it doesn't try to annex the Baltics and Bessarabia via asking for it's claims (non-event driven)?

For what it is worth I'm with Jedrek here.

Alternate history is great when it takes trends that did exist and exagregate them to see where they would lead. Just attacking everyone and annexing them because you can in the game wouldn't be quite as much fun to read (at least not to me).

*fades back into the shadows with the other lurkers*

johho888 said:
Alternate history is great when it takes trends that did exist and exagregate them to see where they would lead. Just attacking everyone and annexing them because you can in the game wouldn't be quite as much fun to read (at least not to me).

I agree.
Alternate history should be probable - there should be reliable reasons before effect. You will have very hard task to explain how Poland transforming into bandit state, who attack all of his neigbours.

what why hard???

poland happening to have military government
now with total defeat and full annex of polands outmost enemy and former over hundred years occupant
that would simply add soda into polish brainz that now they own the local asses as they did in XV and XVI century
simply and go on a rampage like in XVII century interfering with everyone around

but this time the swedes are the brits
ottomans are the french
and soviets well never changed :rofl:

Colonel Bran said:
An alliance with romania is indeed the moste straight forward.
This should also create an interesting conflict with hungaria since they claim some of romania. This would be a great excuse for a war with them.

Impossible. THe whole idea was to keep the from fighting each other + Poland and Hungary are traditional friends - for some eight centuries at least.