• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, but 1849-1945 is...

ColossusCrusher said:
No, but 1849-1945 is...

My Grandpa is 96. Addmittedly quite frail by now ( :( ), but he is still coherent.

Grandpas and grandmas are the best assets of life. I miss mine.

Kurt_Steiner said:
Grandpas and grandmas are the best assets of life. I miss mine.
Indeed they are, I miss my Grandma's too.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Germany Broken into Pieces

header4.jpg

November 3, 1939 - 8:00 - Kiel:

In another attempt to capture German naval units, I attack Kiel. This is also a Victory Point location so it's capture is an important contribution to ending the campaign. My forces are not in great shape, but Kiel is lightly defended and the Germans are in even worse shape. I'm just eager to end the campaign quickly to avoid winter.

anim49.gif

November 4, 1939 - 8:00 - Army Comparison:

Sneaking a peek at the Army Comparison ledger, I can see the Germany's division count is dwindling to critical lows while my own continues to steadily grow.

110439_army.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 8:00 - The North Cut Off:

The bulk of the German army is now trapped in the north and out of supply. I want to focus on destroying them now that they have such a severe disadvantage.

110439_kiel.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 8:00 - The South Cut Off:

Meanwhile in the south, there is a relatively small German force protecting 2 German VP locations: Innsbruck and Graz. I'll begin now to reduce the pocket I've created there and get these VPs as quickly as possible. Winter has already started here...but it certainly isn't going to get any better.

110439_innsbruck.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 9:00 - Securing Hannover:

POLSKA 1's arrival in Hannover triggers a German counterattack but the Germans are out of supply and are simply too exhausted to have any hope of driving my forces out. That another German VP in my hands.

110439_hannover.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 10:00 - Münster:

To secure the encirclement in the north, I send 26. Korp Piechoty against Münster supported by attacks from 3 other axes. I'd like to collapse the northern pocket as soon as possible so I can then turn my attention towards Essen.

110439_munster.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 11:00 - Quick victory in Friedrichshafen:

The single German division defending Friedrichshafen succumbs quickly to my assault.

110439_friedr.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 15:00 - Occupation of Saarbrücken:

Combined elements of 1 and 2 Korp Kawaleria arrive in Saarbrücken completing the last objective in carving Germany in the 4 separate parts. Germany's defeat is now only a matter of time.

110439_saar.jpg

November 4, 1939 - 16:00 - Trying to Hold Saarbrücken:

Despite being cutoff, German forces in Stuttgart attempt to retake Saarbrücken where I only have 3 cavalry divisions defending. To help relieve the cavalry, I attack from Frankfurt-am-Main and Nuremberg but the German units are fresh and protected by the land forts in Stuttgart. After 24 hrs of fighting, the cavalry gives out and I'm forced to call off my relief attempt.

anim50.gif

November 5, 1939 - 16:00 - Victory in Münster:

Just as the Saarbrucken battle ends with a defeat, I get better news from Münster where the battle is won.

110539_munster.jpg

November 5, 1939 - 17:00 - Winter Snow in Innsbruck:

German mountain troops in Innsbruck are hanging tough aided by poor weather conditions. I'll need to issue winter clothing to my troops to prevent unnecessary casualties.

110539_innsbruck.jpg

loz_tac2.gif

Prototype Tac Bomber squadron in training

November 6, 1939 - 0:00 - PZL P-37 Los:

PZL finishes research on the Basic Tactical Bomber (allowing me to build Lvl III Tactical bombers) and are immediately instructed to begin research on Basic Interceptor (I have a blueprint).

res_24.jpg

I then begin construction of Tactical Bombers.

110639_ICstatus.jpg

The beginning of a Polish airforce! Fantastic. :D

Was "not in contact" (with the French) supposed to be "now in contact"?

I'm loving this AAR, it's hilarious to see Germany brought to its knees before 1939 is out. I especially love how in all your screenshots, the Iraqi airforce is right in there bombing the Germans for you.

Probably a n00b question, what would be the advantages and drawbacks of raising your Reinforcements slider a bit? You appear to be making supplies at a rapid clip (or is that just from capturing a depot?).

You dear Sir, have listed the exact reasons why I prefer TACs over CAS. Don't forget though that later models also have very nifty air combat stats.

The Germans still have a fight inn them, but let us wait for lack of supplies to whittle them down, and then you can take them out :)

If you to let to the Germans to be efficiently not also, poichè who
had wished to be, it undertakes in all the possible part, because only
three months of the restorations nonupdated, so that the hour finishes
them.
Yep, I babelfished what I wanted it to be, and so it is.
Makes more sense than the original thing anyway.

Yey for Poland, Germany's defeat edges closer.

Great update!

Too bad about the defeat in Saarbrucken, no doubt Hitler is pumping this for all the propaganda value it is worth! :p

It's nice to see the begginings of an Airforce also, are you going to stick with that one serial build of Tac's, or start another to get your force built up quicker?

Hopefully next time Haru won't have to take out his magic command to get an update! :D