• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cool AAR.

Love the instructions, love Plisudski.

The battle plan seems OK to me. However, it will be a race I guess, if germany can defeat your troops at Gdansk before you get east-prussia, you'll have lost a couple of divisions which you will need later on...

On the other hand, for your strategic aims, how long do you recon it will take to build up the necessary manpower reserves to take on the big bear to the east? This might be important as waiting to long will obviously deliver a much stronger bear...

You should also attack westwards. Capturing Stettin and Oppeln is something to do during first few days. Then Kustrin, then Breslau, then Cottubus and Potsdam followed by Starlsund and viola, Berlin is encircled.

Excellent and informative AAR with some pretty good graphics. Let's see how it unfolds.

AAR is cool, but there is one important thing... :)
I have modified the game to suit my tastes, although the majority of these modifications are graphical including custom model icons and interface backgrounds. I have also added several events the most significant being an event titled 'Wielkopolska' which rewards Poland with cores in Lithuania, Czechoslovakia, and portions of eastern Germany after certain hard-to-achieve objectives are met. Other than that, the game is basically vanilla.

Wielkopolska is region of "normal" Poland, in english it is "Greater Poland"- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Poland . I suppose you thought about something like "Wielka Polska"- Big/Great Poland. But I havent heard about this ;) . There is only "Poland from sea to sea" (from Baltic to the Black Sea).

larry2903 said:
Wielkopolska is region of "normal" Poland, in english it is "Greater Poland"- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Poland . I suppose you thought about something like "Wielka Polska"- Big/Great Poland. But I havent heard about this ;) . There is only "Poland from sea to sea" (from Baltic to the Black Sea).

Thanks for the clarification! I'll admit my Polish is horrible and that I misunderstood the meaning of Wielkopolska....damn!...Wielka-Polska...so close! I'm afraid i won't be going back to change all my graphics and posts at this point but I still welcome any corrections to my Polish. I'll try to not butcher the language too badly.

Last edited:
będę tłumaczył bo angielska to strona - i will translate its a english site but i shall speak to my polish brother in polish
Jedziesz ich! - get them
gdzie można zdobyć taki program ze strzałkami? - where can i get that program with arrows
fajny ten piłsudczyk ;] ale trochę przesada z "bogarodzica" xD - pilsudski cool but "godsmother" is to much

robw963: ...I'm unaware of any influence the size of my army would have on the Danzig event. Makes me curious though...are you suggesting that there's threshold after which the Germans don't dare attack?

i just voiced what i was wondering regarding the size of your army vs the size of Germany's army...

Kurt_Steiner: I don't think that the military size of the Poles would matter. The event doesn't bother about it, IIRC.

i suspect that you are correct, and that robw963's taking the Polish military to the max is verification that you are correct ! ! :D

unless the German AI does not issue the Danzig or War ultimatum... which none of us expect ! ! :rolleyes:

robw963:
...One other note about the AI using air power. I have noticed it will ruthlessly attack single divisions left alone, so I'll be careful to keep my HQ and other independent units in good company.

somewhere along the line, might you be able to leave a single division (at max dug in [?]) in a fort to attract the enemy air power ? ? ;)

robw963: ...I can expect no help from the allies other than some token supply offers and distraction of the Luftwaffe in the west. Poland will need to defeat Germany alone.

that is so true.
however, when Germany IS defeated, i am sure that France will gladly help themselves to a few provinces in western Germany ! ! :eek:

i was thinking that Paradox could have beefed up the French and British AI's to attack when Poland defends competently. upon reflection, however, that would be too ahistorical ! ! :)

magnificent updates ! !
:cool:

To react to the AI using airforce to attack a single unit: You can actually use this to your advantage...

For example: If you have a three-province region, of which two provinces are on the frontline and the third is more to the back, Place a single garrison or even militia in the third province and leave it there. It will dig in and thus get through ground attacks unharmed. That way you protect your advancing (or retreating) units from getting bombed to oblivion.

This tactic works even better if you equip the garrison with AA brigade so it will actually cause casualties on the enemy airforce while taking none...

Deus Eversor said:
będę tłumaczył bo angielska to strona - i will translate its a english site but i shall speak to my polish brother in polish
Jedziesz ich! - get them
gdzie można zdobyć taki program ze strzałkami? - where can i get that program with arrows
fajny ten piłsudczyk ;] ale trochę przesada z "bogarodzica" xD - pilsudski cool but "godsmother" is to much

hey cool...I've been using an online translator as well. I'm sure it will contribute to many future Polish language mistakes...so to all you native Polish language speakers out there...go easy on me, my heart is in the right place.

The arrows are all created in Photoshop. There are a few pre-made shape objects accessible from the menus there...although I've customized them somewhat for my purposes. I suspect I'll be using them a lot since DD 1.3 doesn't have the show all arrows feature available in Arma.

How can you not like Bogarodzica?...it has to be the coolest song EVER! :D

BTW, will you get cores on all of Czechoslovakia, or just Ostrava (which would be realistic, since the people there are Poles anyway :D ).

get the lands of jagiello and boleslavs! :eek:o

well i do not use the translator i simply poses both languages in my head
photshop... thx
it is nice to hear it but before a battle :]
the moment you used it in i would describe as same with hmh singing it under a christmass tree for receiving a present from parents

I hope the first war update is in the making ;)

Updates are forthcoming. Realistically it won't be until the weekend until I can get back into full swing, however, Józef asked that I pass along the following message to Adolf:

gdansk.jpg

Aber Danzig war nicht polisch. :(

Well, anyways, the slavs were at their best times at Elbe when the german migration into rome had ended. :)
Liberate the wends! :D

Good luck!

Danzig is ...... Romanian :p
(Gedania e românească - in Ro)

Always though it was a good idea to have a colony port there. :D