• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haru yo koi said:
Well then glad you are enjoying it!

Continue reading and enjoying it!

Lol, I always think the same THING.

Fellas in AAR, let's behave, please.

UPDATE!

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - No Mercy

header2.jpg

October 21, 1939 - 6:00 - Göttingen:

The Germans have a large concentration of forces in Göttingen although I'm quite sure they're exhausted and depleted. I decide to hit them at their strongest point now to further stretch their dwindling recuperative abilities. The battle lasts throughout the daylight hours, but results in the destruction of a German infantry division. By nightfall, the battle is won.

anim39.gif

October 21, 1939 - 13:00 - Munich:

Armia Karpaty arrives in Munich capturing a 4th German VP location.

102139_munich.jpg

I'll then send 22. Korp Piechoty into Lech supported by the rest of Armia Karpaty. If things goes according to plan, I should be in Lech by November 3 completing the encirclement of German forces in the Alps.

102139_munich2.jpg

October 21, 1939 - 12:00 - Erfurt:

Instead of attempting to encircle Erfurt, I'll simply attack and advance into it. I'm more concerned now about wrapping up the campaign before winter weather has a chance to set in.

anim40.gif

After a rather short trip, 2 infantry korps arrive in Erfurt and secure another German Victory Point location.

102339_erfurt.jpg

October 21, 1939 - 12:00 - The Attempt to Cut Off the North:

I see an opportunity to cut off all German forces in the north by driving through Kassel and then directly into Dortmund. I'll use a my cavalry to attempt to out run retreating Germans but it involves the risk of night combat and potenitally getting too far ahead of my infantry support. I decide it's a risk worth taking.

cavalry3.gif

Polish cavalry advancing relentlessly

anim41.gif

October 24, 1939 - 18:00 - Confusion in the Night:

As feared, my attempted incursion into Dortmund occurs at night when my cavalry encounters German armored forces retreating from Kassel. The Germans attempt to flank my cavalry with an attack from Frankfurt-Am-Main which I counter by flanking them in turn from Schweinfurt and Nuremburg. The German counterattack is quickly dissipated, however, they manage to reinforce Dortmund with additional armored unit from Muenster and my cavalry simply doesn't have enough strength to overwhelm their defenses. On a brighter note, I am victorious in Franfurt-Am-Main.

anim42.gif

October 25, 1939 - 21:00 - The Snowy Bavarian Alps:

I encounter the first winter conditions of the campaign in the Alps as I advance into Lech. The outcome of this battle is never in question, but it's a small warning that I'll need to hasten the pace if I want to conclude the campaign before winter weather begins to appear at lower elevations.

anim43.gif

October 26, 1939 - 0:00 - No Mercy:

To complete the campaign, I intend to carve Germany into 4 sectors and then crush each sector in detail. I can smell victory now.

102639.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome last image there.

I smell victory too.

Huzzah for Poland. TO glorious victory!

Kanil said:
Delex: What the hell have the French done to deserve anything?

Don't feed the troll. :D

Isn't there a German Surrender event which should fire right about now?

Fulcrumvale said:

Not in Vanilla, but mods like SMEP have them.

Fulcrumvale said:
The Germany Surrenders Event requires that Germany be at war with the Soviets...and since the USSR is not at war (with anyone currently) it won't fire.

genral_winter said:
This is great stuff! What will happen with Germany after her defeat?
Germany will become a beautiful butter yellow :) but if you're asking about puppeting Germany, I have no plans to do so.

ROMANU said:
that image with the german motorrist cut by the cavalery man, what is it, is it propaganda? russian?
I found that image in a YouTube slideshow with no explanation as to its source. It was just too tempting to pass up. I seriously doubt this is an authentic photo...more likely a scene from a movie or dramatization.

Inner Circle said:
nice map! How much time do you need to make such a map?
This map is an extended version (stretched further west) of a map I've been using periodically throughout the AAR. I'm using it to illustrate the effectiveness of targeting IC rich provinces. How long? I'm not exactly sure...but a guess might be that I've put 5 or 6 hours into it over all the versions I've created. I get weird pleasure out of making maps like that...I don't really consider it work...more like fun :)

Maj. von Mauser said:
I'd like to see a report on how your leaders have gained skill and experience from the fighting.
Funny you should mention that...I have one in the works and will be rolling it out when the Germany campaign wraps up.

Last edited:
After Germany is over, plese, go after France, for being so "helpful" during this tage of the war... :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
After Germany is over, plese, go after France, for being so "helpful" during this tage of the war... :D

That would be a tad unconventional, now wouldnt it? ;)

Hellvink said:
That would be a tad unconventional, now wouldnt it? ;)

And poland beating the living crap out of Germany all on her own isn't? :D