• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can pronounce those, but sssllllooowwwlllyyy.

cegorach said:
No problem; you can always try it yourself ;)

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz born in Chrząszczyrzewoszyce powiat (county) Łękołody. :D
You almost broke my translator's tongue.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - The Beginning of the End

header1.jpg

October 16, 1939 - 6:00 - Giving Up on the trap in Stralsund:

It's become clear that the Germans won't be falling for the trap in Stralsund so I send Armia Pomorze and its 7 supporting infantry korps into Stralsund to recapture it.

anim35.gif

October 16, 1939 - 8:00 - Assault on Munich:

With the arrival of Armia Krakow in Linz, I have sufficient forces and axes of attack to Munich and press on to Lech to complete an encirclement of German forces in the south.

anim36.gif

October 17, 1939 - 11:00 - Conquest of Salzburg:

25. Korp Piechoty arrives in Salzburg further tightening the noose around the German forces in the south.

101739_salz.jpg

October 18, 1939 - IC Status:

My IC continues to grow as I conquer more and more German territory and repairs to damaged facilities are incrementally completed. I'm feeling confident enough now to add a serial build of factories in Torun.

101839_ICstatus.jpg

October 18, 1939 - 6:00 - Assault on Wolfsburg:

Continuing POLSKA 1's drive westward I push into Wolfsburg at dawn. The battle lasts barely 3 hours as the Germans are showing signs of high dissent, dwindling numbers and little time to regroup and reorganize.

anim37.gif

October 18, 1939 - 16:00 - Schweinfurt reinforced:

1. Korp Kawaleria arrives in Schweinfurt consolidating my cavalry forces again. I'll let them regroup and rest for awhile until the infantry forces behind them catch up and secure the flanks around Schweinfurt.

101839_hubal.jpg

artillery_cav3.gif

Polish cavalry artillery digs in

October 19, 1939 - 11:00 - Leipzig is Captured:

Armia Poznan supported by 3 infantry korps arrives in Leipzig near mid-day. Yet another German VP in my hands. Note the lone retreating German division in Cottbus that managed to escape my attention...an oversight which I'll soon regret.

101939_leipzig.jpg

October 19, 1939 - 13:00 - Cottbus:

Armia Poznan holds off the expected German counterattack in Leipzig but my carelessness in Cottbus requires that I divert 4. Korp Piechoty backwards to reassert control over the rear area. On the plus side, I do gain a little more experience for both Lt. General Romer and his unit.

anim38.gif

Almost there...!

You're producing an awful alot of unnecessary consumer gods, trade some supplies away instead for money.

Time to break the Germans once and for all... :cool:

cegorach said:
No problem; you can always try it yourself

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz born in Chrząszczyrzewoszyce powiat (county) Łękołody.
Crush3r said:
I can pronounce those, but sssllllooowwwlllyyy.
But of course you know that in Polish language rz, cz, sz, ch are digraphs :D
good luck with ą and ę ;)

Talking about the AAR: I can smell the French border... Time to show those French forces camping there how to fight!

Talking about language: I can't help -being a philologist myself- but love this little classes about Polish language and its phonology -even if I hated once this subject with all my soul-

_tr said:
But of course you know that in Polish language rz, cz, sz, ch are digraphs :D
good luck with ą and ę ;)

Meh, I know how to use them too :D

BTW nice update. Germany will be toast by 1940 (unless they recover like the Ruskies)

I played (And still am) a great game as Poland. I managed to hold the line, but hardcore fighting has been taking place now for 3 years. It's 1942 and the Fighting is in Bohemia and in danzig too. Luckily my industrial plans mean I can just keep myself alive.

A little screenshot of a battle in Bohemia:
21orpd0.png

It wasn't cavalry as such.
It was more infantry on horses.
They used the horses to get to the front lines, but they didn't actually charge tanks with cavalry, that is a big exageration.

Colonel Bran said:
Nice tanks.
Poland with panzers :eek:

Poland was actually 6th or 7th tank power in 1939 in the world.

After Soviets, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the UK - the last three might have less tanks or a comparable number.

@Colonel Bran

I know but that is not the commen thought. Even my history teacher said the polish army attacked the german tanks with spears. I quickly made him change his mind about that.

Indeed, it wasn't Polish, but American cavalry which charged tanks during the 2nd WW.
It happened during the Philippines campaign in 1942, but they had no spears - just old Colts and probably (can't remember right now) sabres.