• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shouldn't Józef already get a Czech colours ribbon? After all, technically, you have kind of overrun the general area covered by that flag ;)

Haru yo koi said:
Am I the only one who has a grey background on the AAR section. :p
Really? that must make this AAR look awful. My background color is the greyish blue color...I've been matching my background to what I understand to be a universal background color for the HOI2 AAR background color? Anyone else having this problem?

robw963 said:
Really? that must make this AAR look awful. My background color is the greyish blue color...I've been matching my background to what I understand to be a universal background color for the HOI2 AAR background color? Anyone else having this problem?

This is what mine looks like:

2qdzx40.png

trekaddict said:
That what it looks like to me.
Ouch...that's really disappointing. Is there some kind of user setting that changes the background? Mine is exactly the color around the thought bubble.

I have the gray. It's universal HoI2

Crush3r said:
Nope, I have the same color. It's universal HoI2
Makes me wonder if "Join Date" might have something to do with the difference I'm seeing. Apologies to all....my intention was to make graphics which blended in seamlessly with the background color. If anyone can provide me a hex value or RGB value for the correct background color I'd be happy to adjust all future graphics accordingly.

Last edited:
According to my Photoshop its R: 99 G: 101 B: 99

Amazing AAR! Keep it up!

Mishgan said:
Shouldn't Józef already get a Czech colours ribbon? After all, technically, you have kind of overrun the general area covered by that flag ;)
Sorry about that, I lost track of your comment during my horrible realization that my graphics have all been created assuming the incorrect back ground color.

I felt it would be unreasonable to award Józef a ribbon for Czechoslovakia since I've already awarded him a ribbon for Slovakia and I have no intention of releasing a Czech puppet. In the current timeframe, Czech territory has been absorbed by Germany (including cores) so I thought it would be "double-dipping" to get a ribbon for both Czechoslovakia and (when I finally annex them) Germany.

Image Background Test

I have created a test image (see below) with a corrected background color. Can someone please confirm that the edge of the image is in fact seamless with the forum background color?

pilsud_dreams4.jpg

robw963 said:
I have created a test image (see below) with a corrected background color. Can someone please confirm that the edge of the image is in fact seamless with the forum background color?

pilsud_dreams4.jpg
It's horrible. Bring back the old one! Don't conform to the uppity youngsters and their wicked grey ways! Blue is eternal! :)

I'm honestly confused...does this mean there are other users that see the blueish background color as well?

Depends on when one joined, I believe, or maybe there was an option when one joined. All AARs are blue-greyish for me, just like your original posts. Well, except for Victoria.

I've always had grey background, and I've never really thought that the blue background was out of place. So I'd say sticking with the blue is fine.

Your latest grey picture looks correct here though.

Background color = irrelevent

Czech Badge = not necessary

Continuing the AAR = :D

To answer your questions: Yes, the new image works perfectly, and most of us see the grayish background color.

Now back to AARing :D