+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 50 75 ... LastLast

Thread: WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    Ehh it is too bad that retreats aren't simulated well enough - retreating units should be really dangerous for some time. Maybe HoI III will make it right.
    Retreating units are automatically destroyed, right? Yes, it would probably be more realistic if they still fought to the point where they drop to 0 org. They regain org while retreating, after all.

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aprogressivist
    Retreating units are automatically destroyed, right? Yes, it would probably be more realistic if they still fought to the point where they drop to 0 org. They regain org while retreating, after all.
    If a retreating unit arrives in a province without the presence of enemy units, it gains control of the province (even if not in supply)...so that's kind of like what you described. This is why I'm careful to leave at least 1 unit in the province which the enemy is retreating towards so I don't have to refight them.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Industrial Status - 10/01/39

October 1, 1939 - Industrial Status:

15 days into my 30 day Operational Plan to destroy German production capability, I can see that I've made significant progress. In the remaining 2 weeks, I'll place my emphasis on taking the 31 IC in and around Berlin.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs

Quote Originally Posted by Milites
    OnwAARds to Berlin!

Really I must say that you got quite the talent of map making.
    Seconded. Ever thought of making graphics as a job?
    The occasional gentlemen.
    The Doomed Nation - an Albanian AAR [Dead]
    Series and series of minors - a mixed AAR [Dead]
    How did I do this again - a Finnish AAR [Ongoing]
    Lord Slowpoke supports Nivi
    For the official list of cookies I give out, click here

"With a proper amount of money and proper amount of spies, you can just make people revolt, encirclening the enemy, and then nuke the hell out of them anyway" -Unknown

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I LOVE maps. A dream job for me would be as a cartographer. Don't let me near Google Earth...I can spend hours in there. I'm very lucky to have a job that lets me do graphics and design but I'll admit I have a lot more fun making graphics for this AAR than I do making graphics for my clients.

Current AAR:

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

If you need more images - have a look at those pages

military industry, lots of images of various weaponry - http://www.konflikty.pl/artykul-pozn...tnosc-597.html

weapons, radiostations (and other equipment), unit structures and tactics - http://www.wojsko18-39.internetdsl.p...sien/index.htm

and an exhausting collection of designs which entered production, but only small numbers were ready in 1939 or were planned including super heavy and heavy siege guns and mortars - http://odkrywca.pl/sprzet-ktory-nie-...24.html#182824

there might be rocket propelled granades, remotely controlled weapons and automatic machine guns/cannons which used infrared sensors and similar - but I have found only descriptions for now at least.

I hope you will find something useful.
    Poland conquers the world - my first and only AAR - abandoned after the conquest of New Zealand, China, Japan, India, Canada and the USA due to a fatal HDD failure...

The exiled - Dutch CORE AAR

Cegorach's CORE improvement pack

CORE improvement pack for AoD

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    If you need more images - have a look at those pages
    Thank you very much! I'll find these extremely useful

Current AAR:

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Thumbs up

Amazing...!
    I've been reading this all this morning. I'm very impressed. I've tried twice to defend Poland against the nazi invader, and both ended up in disaster. Now I think I'll try for a third time.
    Thank you. Please, keep it up! I want to know what does crossing the Spree westward feels like!
    "I'ts not that I'm afraid of death, I simply don't wanna be there when it happens"

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by robw963
    I LOVE maps. A dream job for me would be as a cartographer. Don't let me near Google Earth...I can spend hours in there. I'm very lucky to have a job that lets me do graphics and design but I'll admit I have a lot more fun making graphics for this AAR than I do making graphics for my clients.
    besides that you have captured 56 ic not 24...

i love maps too and i have tons of mb-s of maps
    the only thing that trubles me is that i cant make such nice arrows...
    Last edited by Deus Eversor; 24-09-2008 at 16:34.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Ah the germans have lost their industrial might, but now they could be won, would someone do something on the western front.
    Or Poland just eats all of it.

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald
    Ah the germans have lost their industrial might, but now they could be won, would someone do something on the western front.
    Or Poland just eats all of it.
    have you heard of a saing poland from sea to sea?
    now it will be from ocean to ocean

If a retreating unit arrives in a province without the presence of enemy units, it gains control of the province (even if not in supply)...so that's kind of like what you described. This is why I'm careful to leave at least 1 unit in the province which the enemy is retreating towards so I don't have to refight them.
    Oh, I know that! What I mean is that, in my opinion, it would be more realistic (for what that's worth) if they thought on even if you leave some unit behind, to the point that they only surrender and are destroyed at 0 org.

Just a 2c comment :-)

I love your maps as well. Some of the best maps I've ever seen in an AAR are right here

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Talking

I'd love to see the next update!
    I'm going to start my new game with Poland tonight!
    Maybe I'll have an AAR of my own!
    "I'ts not that I'm afraid of death, I simply don't wanna be there when it happens"

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Józef had yet another dream last night he wanted to share with everyone:

Updates are coming and Berlin is on the agenda!

Current AAR:

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis IV

You're kidding me? Back in school when I was bored on history lessons (cause I've already read the chapter the teacher was talking about) I was staring at, and drawing maps. With borders looking the way they should be :>.
    "I rode a tank, held a general's rank, when the blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank."

Quote Originally Posted by Akaki
    You're kidding me? Back in school when I was bored on history lessons (cause I've already read the chapter the teacher was talking about) I was staring at, and drawing maps. With borders looking the way they should be :>.
    Same here Great minds think alike

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2500k club

finally the iraqi arir force did something

onwAARd to ... Essen
    "When in doubt, C4!" - Jamie Hyneman
    "Life is a worthless game, but the graphics are awesome."

My AARs are stored in My Inkwell

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

Józef had yet another dream last night he wanted to share with everyone:

Updates are coming and Berlin is on the agenda!
    Am I the only one who has a grey background on the AAR section.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 50 75 ... LastLast