+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 ... LastLast

Thread: WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR

casual: Come on whermacht you can turn the tide

NOT in this TL ! !
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Haru yo koi
    Germany's AI file won't be able to deal with this. They might declare war on Denmark and Norway still

That I can agree on. On numerous times the DoWed them and even the low Countries, even when they didn't even have a border with them.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Stralsund cont'd

September 21, 1939 - 0:00 - Germans in Bydgoszcz on the Verge of Surrender:

On September 11, 1939, the German forces occupying Bydgoszcz were defeated just prior ro the victory at Küstrin (see post #274). Today (10 days later) the Germans are STILL retreating westward towards Küstrin which is now firmly in Polish control. It won't be long now before these 14 German divisions surrender.

September 21, 1939 - 1:00-14:00 - Poorly timed German Arrivals In Stralsund:

Throughout the day as I advance into Stralsund, the Germans desperately attempt to throw divisions in my way. Their arrival, one by one, allows me a series of easy victories.

September 21, 1939 - 19:00 - A Last Ditch Attempt to defend Stralsund:

Finally, as darkness falls, German defenses stiffen in Stralsund initiating a 15 hr battle which finally ends the next day in another victory although it costs my divisions valuable org which may prove to be a problem when they finally arrive in Stralsund.

September 22, 1939 - 0:00 - Surrender in Bydgoszcz:

11 days after their defeat in the Bydgoszcz pocket, 14 German divisions finally surrender. Peeking at the Army Comparison sheet in the ledger reveals a clear numerical advantage over the Germans now.

Last edited by robw963; 20-09-2008 at 13:49.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

This is Sedan in 1870, only this time the Germans are on the receiving end!

Thats so funny how those guys in the video run .

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Hehe, the poles surely run fast.

And looks like the war is surely won. After all, they have divisions guarding the westenr border also.

The 3 divisions that pop up what are they for? It happens so fast that i can't read it...
    Owner of a cookie of Awesome Communist Guessing!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Middelkerke
    The 3 divisions that pop up what are they for? It happens so fast that i can't read it...
    he used them for support the attack
    "When in doubt, C4!" - Jamie Hyneman
    "Life is a worthless game, but the graphics are awesome."

My AARs are stored in My Inkwell

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Cottbus

September 23, 1939 - 5:00 - Attack Cottbus:

At dawn, I launch an attack on the southern flank of Berlin at Cottbus mirroring my advance on Berlin's northern flank in Stralsund.

The Battle in Cottbus turns into a grueling 64 hour battle vs. German forces led by Field Marshal Manstein (one of their best leaders) who always seems to pop up where the Germans need him most. Unfortunately, while the battle in Cottbus rages, Polish armies arriving in Stralsund are immediately beaten back and forced to retreat eastwards.

September 24, 1939 - 0:00 - Research Completed:

During the battle in Cottbus, Stefan Banach completes research of Deep Logistic Organization (TC modifier +10%, Occupied Province TC modifier +20%). I immediately make several trades.
    With the UK I trade 3,000 energy and 180 Oil for a blueprint for Basic Interceptor, and with France I trade 560 Oil for a blueprint for Early Tank:

I then assign PZInz to begin research on Early Tank:

September 24, 1939 - 7:00 - Attack Kutna Hora:

In the south, as 2. Korp Kawaleria races through the gap in the German lines, I attack Kutna Hora to prevent the German armor there from interrupting the movement of my cavalry.

September 25, 1939 - 2:00 - Closing the Circle:

2. Korp Kawaleria reaches Pilsen in the early hours of September 25 and immediately turns north towards Usti in an attempt to further encircle Prague. As soon as my forces enter Cottbus, I should have completed the encirclement of Prague.

Last edited by robw963; 21-09-2008 at 00:42.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Hehe, using blitzkrieg against germans.

Brilliant, brilliant!
    Horses, horses!

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

Manpower?! We are running low.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

I have to admit that your aar about Poland is also interesting, although I also have no shortage of shares, may aar for the time being diplomatic.

What are your plans after the defeat of Germany?

And why this is called the Greater aar from the name of the province? Was probably to be Wielka Polska (Big Poland).

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the Throne500k club

This is very impressive, the German AI is getting desperate .
    The pictures are very nice, must've taken a while to make them.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Althought the huge losses, German is still defiant. It's impressive too.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (13) [Actualizado 13/12/2014]

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    @ Middelkerke: Mico94 is correct. I attempted to show that during the course of the battle in Stralsund I added an extra infantry korp into the battle to help speed the victory. Note that quickly after I added that korp, the battle ends in a victory.

Animated Gifs have many disadvantages to display animations. The speed of the animation is largely dependent on the processor speed of the machine on which it is viewed, meaning that someone on a slower computer sees the animation much slower. Hard to find a reasonable speed compromise for these animations so that everyone can view that at a reasonable pace. I'm trying to lobby the forum administrators to allow Flash animations, but for now animated gifs will have to suffice.

@ Enewald: It'd be a lot easier to conduct blitzkrieg warfare with armored units! But so far, my cavalry are proving to be a reasonable "poor-mans" exploitation unit. I'm working to improve my speed units for future campaigns where they'll be critical to success.

@ Haru yo koi: My manpower situation is low, but not critical...yet. There are a few intense battles to come which will test that.

As for the German AI declaring war on the Low Countries or Norway, the events for these things occur in 1940. As long as I can finish business with the Germans before then, it'll be a non-issue.

@ Aux_Teergois: My plans for the future are pretty well outlined in the first few posts of this AAR, but generally I'm roleplaying a Pilsudski led Poland bent on retribution for the treachery of the Western Allies, the Bolsheviks...and well? anyone else in my way. As for the Wielko vs. Wielka issue, you're quite right. I was corrected much earlier in the AAR but since I can't edit the AAR title I've chosen to stick with my original mistake. I'm not a native Polish speaker...chalk it up to not knowing what the heck I'm talking about.

@ Joshu: Yeah, generating the animated graphics is time consuming but I'm hoping the results are worthwhile. I'm trying to show as much granular detail as I possibly can. Arguably it's a turn off for some viewers because it dramatically slows the pace of the action. I'm going to attempt to stick with this slow, detailed approach through the campaign against Germany...after that I may switch up the pace somewhat.

Current AAR:

instead of using so much forces against german forces in czech region i would use simillar force to cut off whole austria giving also a chance to link up with french very soon

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Eversor
    instead of using so much forces against german forces in czech region i would use simillar force to cut off whole austria giving also a chance to link up with french very soon
    I'm not sure I agree. The terrain in the Austrian region is extremely difficult (mountainous, hilly, forested) which makes movement slow. The German IC targets in Czechoslovakia are much fatter which supports my 30 day plan to destroy German industry. Im also finding that I can accomplish a double encirclement by taking Cottbus leveraging my efforts in both the north and south simultaneously. Besides? What particular advantage would there be to linking up with the French? I'd prefer to take the German provinces bordering France later with a larger force to ensure the French don't try and steal anything from me. The German westwall garrison is still pretty significant.

Current AAR:

I think the standard of graphic content you just set up won't be surpassed for a veeery long time

Prague is going to be destroyed in combat - poor city. Anyway, do me a favour and publicly execute Himmler at Staromestske namesti (Old Town Square)
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

You beat a poor window washer, Heinrich Bimmler!
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

This game could get very boring after you utterly crush the Germans in another month or so...
    "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer."
    Chief of Staff of Inner Circle's Liberia
    WritAAR of the Week: 31/08/08 & Character WritAAR of the Week: 19/10/08
    The Shattered Eagle: A German Gotterdammerung Story x 1 writAAR of the week for Saving Germany
    The Sicilian: An Italian Mafia AAR x 1 Character WritAAR of the week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 ... LastLast