• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually i think it was a good thing, that he committed suicide historically. If captured and tried, he'd always be a "Martyr" to certain people who'd use the "Victors Justice" angle no matter how many truckloads of evidence there was against him. By commiting suicide instead he took the easy way out, making him look like a coward instead.

Video Experiment

I'd like to try an experiment with embedding video into this AAR. I'll admit my expectations are fairly low, and I may exceed the patience of some viewers especially if they have low bandwidth internet connections, but I still feel it's worth a try.

Experiment #1: animated gif:

poland_march2.gif

Experiment #2: Flash Movie:

[SWF]http://www.desktopdigital.com/polska/polisharmy.swf[/SWF]

Comments, complaints, advice are all welcome.

Edit: Ok. Clearly Flash isn't going to work, so I can forget about getting any audio associated with video. I guess I'm stuck with animated gifs. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried a PHP include?

Last edited:
Good idea, fine for me!

I like it.

Pretty cool to me.

That animated gif is absolutely wonderful ;).
It should be used to show Polish troops on a victory parade in Berlin.

CthulhuPL said:
BTW, from which year are those units on this gif? They make me proud to be polish :p

I can't be exactly sure about the year, but judging by the helmets and overcoats, it must be 1938 or so....perhaps 1939. It came from a video I found on YouTube that was a British newsreel about the "enormous" power of the Polish Army (it makes that outlandish claim that Poland has 4 million men under arms). It has some nice shots in there....but the facts were a bit exagerrated.

robw963: ...Ok. Clearly Flash isn't going to work

that animated gif is great ! ! :)

is it possible to just give a link to the Flash source ? meaning: if physically possible, but fora rules forbid, then it is still not possible... ;)

looking forward to more of this AAR ! ! :cool:

robw963 said:
I can't be exactly sure about the year, but judging by the helmets and overcoats, it must be 1938 or so....perhaps 1939. It came from a video I found on YouTube that was a British newsreel about the "enormous" power of the Polish Army (it makes that outlandish claim that Poland has 4 million men under arms). It has some nice shots in there....but the facts were a bit exagerrated.

Link please?

I just want to see all the footage.

Delex said:
I can see the animated gif, but not the video below. How did you made it anyway?
I hesitate to turn this AAR into a media tool tutorial, but generally I follow these steps:

1) Install a FLV grabber utility, I use Orbit but there are others.
2) Bring FLV into Flash and rip an animated gif
3) Edit Animated Gif in Image Ready to select the frames wanted and resize
4) upload and link

There's got to be a way to link SWF flash movies. I'll experiment with PHP includes.

That is the most carefully, detailed AAR ever.

You

Are

Good

And also it does help that I am Polish, and I really hope you will lead Poland to the Glory and Honour it deserves!!! :p

Tornadoli said:
That is the most carefully, detailed AAR ever.

You

Are

Good

And also it does help that I am Polish, and I really hope you will lead Poland to the Glory and Honour it deserves!!! :p

Come on whermacht you can turn the tide :p