+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 60 ... LastLast

Thread: WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR

robw963: ...0400 - Tactical Retreat: I want to avoid the advantage the Germans will gain in the battle of Bydgoszcz as daylight resumes..

excellent ! !

robw963:
    ...3 hours later, I finally succeed. German armor can be tough.

what level is that German (light?) armor ? ?

also, how much damage did it take ? ?

robw963:
    ...1. Korp Kawaleria arrives in Königsberg early in the evening..

what is the time of the infantry arrival ? ?

awesome updates ! !
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

Great AAR so far.
    "If we lose our Second Amendment, we lose our rights to bear arms and protect our families. If we're not able to own our own guns, the next thing that will happen is that we'll lose our freedom. We can't allow that to happen in our country." ~ Richard Childress

robw963: (post 144) ...German non-Garrison land units: 127. Polish land units: 118 (with zero Garrisons.)

robw963: (post 180) ...The German div count in Prussia is more like 18:
    8 in Elbing
    8 in Konigsberg
    2 in Memel
    Their war will be over quite soon now. /robw963

the destruction of those 18 German units will give you a 118 to 109 land unit advantage over the Germans ! !

magnificent ! !

hmmm. have the Germans built any more land units ? ? :wondering:
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Memel

September 2-3 1939 - Battle for Memel:

Memel Isolated:
    Checking Memel, I can see that the Germans have yet to send any supplies to these isolated units preventing them from replacing losses and re-orging. This contributes to a weak German counter-attack on Königsberg.

10:00:

At 10:00 hrs, the German counter-attack fails giving the cavalry a needed break before a full assault tomorrow morning.

September 3, 1939 - 01:00:

Armia Suwalki headed by General Kutrzeba arrives in Königsberg joining the 3 cavalry division there...just in time to launch a dawn assault on Memel.

03:00 - Attack Memel:

The adjacent Headquarters in Torun allows General Kutrzeba to exceed his normal command capacity of 9 divisions. I want to send only 1 division into Memel itself. The remaining divisions will support the attack from Königsberg so they move westwards as soon as possible once the battle is over. I'm lucky that the rain (and mud) is staying to the east.

12:00:
    Cornered, with no retreat, 12 German divisions are forced to surrender. Memel is won.

Last edited by robw963; 31-08-2008 at 13:20.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    @ GhostWriter:
    I caught your earlier question about what level the German armor is. Looks generally like Lvl II and III Lt. armor. As mentioned earlier, it's a bit pathetic that they don't have any motorized divisions.

As for their overall div count, I'm sure they're building more. They still have plenty of IC. I'll post an updated div count tomorrow after some more time passes.

Thanks for your enthusiastic interest!

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs

RPM Imterm Air Guru darthkommandant's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Supreme Ruler: Cold War

Blog Entries
    A very nice start to the war especially since two of the lost german divisions were armored. I also like the little Pilsudsky and the animated battle screens.

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Hehe, germans getting encircled and destroyed in a few days.

What of the west wall?

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

The animated battle slider is very cool

I'm surprised you managed so well. Try 1939 next time

well taking those divs will make that germans will have equal nr of divs with you
    138 - 18 = 120
    118 - 0 = 118
    well almost equal :]

now get claims on lithuania the home region of pilsudski! do not forget the Rzeczypospolita Obojga Narodów! (and make it Trojga!!!!)
    Last edited by Deus Eversor; 31-08-2008 at 11:59.

Germans are screwed, good job!
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    I must confess I'm stunned at this rate of success. If the kessel at Bydgoszcz is so successful as the Memel one, Germany would be doomed in such a sort space that this will go into the annals of ahistory!
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (1) [Actualizado 18/11/2014]

from what I see, poland is stil in a weak position, if the AI attacks in Poznan robw963's plan of encirclement in doomed... hopefully france will attack the westwall if there are too few troops

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANU
    hopefully france will attack
    HAHAHAHHA!

You are so good a joking

Flanders, being part of belgium, for the time being
    France never attacks... World War 1 trauma's are still there.
    They need victory before they'll attack again, and get destroyed by the vietminh

I think the Soviets should blitz and declare war and make this more interesting. At this rate WWII will be over by Christmas.

BTW, great job with this. I tryed Poland once but different and DoW Germany in 1936 not 1939.

You should try the '39 scenario for fun just too see what you can do, as I did that after the '36 experiment with Poland I was utterly crushed.

Next stop, Berlin.
    "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer."
    Chief of Staff of Inner Circle's Liberia
    WritAAR of the Week: 31/08/08 & Character WritAAR of the Week: 19/10/08
    The Shattered Eagle: A German Gotterdammerung Story x 1 writAAR of the week for Saving Germany
    The Sicilian: An Italian Mafia AAR x 1 Character WritAAR of the week

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Resources Status Report

September 2, 1939 - Resources Status Report:

German naval mastery of the Baltic Sea effectively cuts off all trade with my allies and on the morning of Septermber 2 the vast majority of my trade agreements are cancelled. I'm truly alone now putting further emphasis on the need to capture foreign resources. The 2 current best opportunities for this are in Bratislava, the Slovakian capital, and of course Berlin. The capture of Berlin will literally end any worries about keeping my industry supplied with critical resources, but I'll also look for opportunities to capture resource rich provinces as well.

Current AAR:

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Evil allies. Betray when they just can.

Flanders, being part of belgium, for the time being
    it's not actually betraying, those resources are just simply worth more in allied depots than on the bottom of the baltic...

How many days/hours left till capture of bratislava and annexation of slovakia?

duuuude a totally bad situation on energy :O i never saw such low income on energy!!! this is most disturbing!!!!!! ITS TERRIFYING!!!!!

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Don't worry: trade with the USSR Just kidding. You'll solve it when you take Bratislava and get rid of most of the Wehrmacht in the kessel you're creating.

I hope...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (1) [Actualizado 18/11/2014]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 60 ... LastLast