• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cegorach said:
Ehh it is too bad that retreats aren't simulated well enough - retreating units should be really dangerous for some time. Maybe HoI III will make it right.

Retreating units are automatically destroyed, right? Yes, it would probably be more realistic if they still fought to the point where they drop to 0 org. They regain org while retreating, after all.

aprogressivist said:
Retreating units are automatically destroyed, right? Yes, it would probably be more realistic if they still fought to the point where they drop to 0 org. They regain org while retreating, after all.
If a retreating unit arrives in a province without the presence of enemy units, it gains control of the province (even if not in supply)...so that's kind of like what you described. This is why I'm careful to leave at least 1 unit in the province which the enemy is retreating towards so I don't have to refight them.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Industrial Status - 10/01/39

October 1, 1939 - Industrial Status:

15 days into my 30 day Operational Plan to destroy German production capability, I can see that I've made significant progress. In the remaining 2 weeks, I'll place my emphasis on taking the 31 IC in and around Berlin.

100139_industry.jpg

OnwAARds to Berlin!

Really I must say that you got quite the talent of map making.

Milites said:
OnwAARds to Berlin!

Really I must say that you got quite the talent of map making.
Seconded. Ever thought of making graphics as a job? :rofl:

I LOVE maps. A dream job for me would be as a cartographer. Don't let me near Google Earth...I can spend hours in there. I'm very lucky to have a job that lets me do graphics and design but I'll admit I have a lot more fun making graphics for this AAR than I do making graphics for my clients. :)

If you need more images - have a look at those pages

military industry, lots of images of various weaponry - http://www.konflikty.pl/artykul-poznanowozytnosc-597.html

weapons, radiostations (and other equipment), unit structures and tactics - http://www.wojsko18-39.internetdsl.pl/wrzesien/index.htm

and an exhausting collection of designs which entered production, but only small numbers were ready in 1939 or were planned including super heavy and heavy siege guns and mortars - http://odkrywca.pl/sprzet-ktory-nie-zdazylismy-wdrozyc-do-wrzesnia-1939,182824.html#182824

there might be rocket propelled granades, remotely controlled weapons and automatic machine guns/cannons which used infrared sensors and similar - but I have found only descriptions for now at least.

I hope you will find something useful. :)

cegorach said:
If you need more images - have a look at those pages
Thank you very much! I'll find these extremely useful :)

Amazing...! :eek:
I've been reading this all this morning. I'm very impressed. I've tried twice to defend Poland against the nazi invader, and both ended up in disaster. Now I think I'll try for a third time.
Thank you. Please, keep it up! I want to know what does crossing the Spree westward feels like! :rofl:

robw963 said:
I LOVE maps. A dream job for me would be as a cartographer. Don't let me near Google Earth...I can spend hours in there. I'm very lucky to have a job that lets me do graphics and design but I'll admit I have a lot more fun making graphics for this AAR than I do making graphics for my clients. :)

besides that you have captured 56 ic not 24...

i love maps too :D and i have tons of mb-s of maps
the only thing that trubles me is that i cant make such nice arrows...

Last edited:
Ah the germans have lost their industrial might, but now they could be won, would someone do something on the western front. :eek:o
Or Poland just eats all of it. :p

Enewald said:
Ah the germans have lost their industrial might, but now they could be won, would someone do something on the western front. :eek:o
Or Poland just eats all of it. :p

have you heard of a saing poland from sea to sea?
now it will be from ocean to ocean :) :cool: ;) :rolleyes: :p :D :rofl:

robw963 said:
If a retreating unit arrives in a province without the presence of enemy units, it gains control of the province (even if not in supply)...so that's kind of like what you described. This is why I'm careful to leave at least 1 unit in the province which the enemy is retreating towards so I don't have to refight them.

Oh, I know that! What I mean is that, in my opinion, it would be more realistic (for what that's worth) if they thought on even if you leave some unit behind, to the point that they only surrender and are destroyed at 0 org.

Just a 2c comment :)

Józef had yet another dream last night he wanted to share with everyone:

pilsud_dreams3.jpg

Updates are coming and Berlin is on the agenda!

robw963 said:
You're kidding me? Back in school when I was bored on history lessons (cause I've already read the chapter the teacher was talking about) I was staring at, and drawing maps. With borders looking the way they should be :>.

finally the iraqi arir force did something

onwAARd to ... Essen :)