• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
casual: Come on whermacht you can turn the tide :p

NOT in this TL ! ! :D

Haru yo koi said:
Germany's AI file won't be able to deal with this. They might declare war on Denmark and Norway still :rolleyes:

That I can agree on. On numerous times the DoWed them and even the low Countries, even when they didn't even have a border with them.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Stralsund cont'd

September 21, 1939 - 0:00 - Germans in Bydgoszcz on the Verge of Surrender:

On September 11, 1939, the German forces occupying Bydgoszcz were defeated just prior ro the victory at Küstrin (see post #274). Today (10 days later) the Germans are STILL retreating westward towards Küstrin which is now firmly in Polish control. It won't be long now before these 14 German divisions surrender.

092139_pocket.jpg

September 21, 1939 - 1:00-14:00 - Poorly timed German Arrivals In Stralsund:

Throughout the day as I advance into Stralsund, the Germans desperately attempt to throw divisions in my way. Their arrival, one by one, allows me a series of easy victories.

vic9.jpg

September 21, 1939 - 19:00 - A Last Ditch Attempt to defend Stralsund:

Finally, as darkness falls, German defenses stiffen in Stralsund initiating a 15 hr battle which finally ends the next day in another victory although it costs my divisions valuable org which may prove to be a problem when they finally arrive in Stralsund.

run.gif

anim12.gif

September 22, 1939 - 0:00 - Surrender in Bydgoszcz:

11 days after their defeat in the Bydgoszcz pocket, 14 German divisions finally surrender. Peeking at the Army Comparison sheet in the ledger reveals a clear numerical advantage over the Germans now.

092239_army.jpg

Last edited:
Middelkerke said:
The 3 divisions that pop up what are they for? It happens so fast that i can't read it...

he used them for support the attack

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Cottbus

September 23, 1939 - 5:00 - Attack Cottbus:

At dawn, I launch an attack on the southern flank of Berlin at Cottbus mirroring my advance on Berlin's northern flank in Stralsund.

machinegun.gif

092339_cottbus.jpg

The Battle in Cottbus turns into a grueling 64 hour battle vs. German forces led by Field Marshal Manstein (one of their best leaders) who always seems to pop up where the Germans need him most. Unfortunately, while the battle in Cottbus rages, Polish armies arriving in Stralsund are immediately beaten back and forced to retreat eastwards.

anim13.gif

September 24, 1939 - 0:00 - Research Completed:

During the battle in Cottbus, Stefan Banach completes research of Deep Logistic Organization (TC modifier +10%, Occupied Province TC modifier +20%). I immediately make several trades.
With the UK I trade 3,000 energy and 180 Oil for a blueprint for Basic Interceptor, and with France I trade 560 Oil for a blueprint for Early Tank:

trade_2.jpg

I then assign PZInz to begin research on Early Tank:

res_22.jpg

September 24, 1939 - 7:00 - Attack Kutna Hora:

In the south, as 2. Korp Kawaleria races through the gap in the German lines, I attack Kutna Hora to prevent the German armor there from interrupting the movement of my cavalry.

092439_kh.jpg

antitank.gif

anim14.gif

September 25, 1939 - 2:00 - Closing the Circle:

2. Korp Kawaleria reaches Pilsen in the early hours of September 25 and immediately turns north towards Usti in an attempt to further encircle Prague. As soon as my forces enter Cottbus, I should have completed the encirclement of Prague.

092539_usti.jpg

Last edited:
I have to admit that your aar about Poland is also interesting, although I also have no shortage of shares, may aar for the time being diplomatic.

What are your plans after the defeat of Germany?

And why this is called the Greater aar from the name of the province? Was probably to be Wielka Polska (Big Poland).

Althought the huge losses, German is still defiant. It's impressive too.

@ Middelkerke: Mico94 is correct. I attempted to show that during the course of the battle in Stralsund I added an extra infantry korp into the battle to help speed the victory. Note that quickly after I added that korp, the battle ends in a victory.

Animated Gifs have many disadvantages to display animations. The speed of the animation is largely dependent on the processor speed of the machine on which it is viewed, meaning that someone on a slower computer sees the animation much slower. Hard to find a reasonable speed compromise for these animations so that everyone can view that at a reasonable pace. I'm trying to lobby the forum administrators to allow Flash animations, but for now animated gifs will have to suffice.

@ Enewald: It'd be a lot easier to conduct blitzkrieg warfare with armored units! But so far, my cavalry are proving to be a reasonable "poor-mans" exploitation unit. I'm working to improve my speed units for future campaigns where they'll be critical to success.

@ Haru yo koi: My manpower situation is low, but not critical...yet. There are a few intense battles to come which will test that.

As for the German AI declaring war on the Low Countries or Norway, the events for these things occur in 1940. As long as I can finish business with the Germans before then, it'll be a non-issue.

@ Aux_Teergois: My plans for the future are pretty well outlined in the first few posts of this AAR, but generally I'm roleplaying a Pilsudski led Poland bent on retribution for the treachery of the Western Allies, the Bolsheviks...and well? anyone else in my way. :p As for the Wielko vs. Wielka issue, you're quite right. I was corrected much earlier in the AAR but since I can't edit the AAR title I've chosen to stick with my original mistake. I'm not a native Polish speaker...chalk it up to not knowing what the heck I'm talking about.

@ Joshu: Yeah, generating the animated graphics is time consuming but I'm hoping the results are worthwhile. I'm trying to show as much granular detail as I possibly can. Arguably it's a turn off for some viewers because it dramatically slows the pace of the action. I'm going to attempt to stick with this slow, detailed approach through the campaign against Germany...after that I may switch up the pace somewhat.

Deus Eversor said:
instead of using so much forces against german forces in czech region i would use simillar force to cut off whole austria giving also a chance to link up with french very soon
I'm not sure I agree. The terrain in the Austrian region is extremely difficult (mountainous, hilly, forested) which makes movement slow. The German IC targets in Czechoslovakia are much fatter which supports my 30 day plan to destroy German industry. Im also finding that I can accomplish a double encirclement by taking Cottbus leveraging my efforts in both the north and south simultaneously. Besides? What particular advantage would there be to linking up with the French? I'd prefer to take the German provinces bordering France later with a larger force to ensure the French don't try and steal anything from me. The German westwall garrison is still pretty significant.

I think the standard of graphic content you just set up won't be surpassed for a veeery long time :)

Prague is going to be destroyed in combat - poor city. Anyway, do me a favour and publicly execute Himmler at Staromestske namesti (Old Town Square) ;)

You beat a poor window washer, Heinrich Bimmler!
:D

This game could get very boring after you utterly crush the Germans in another month or so...