• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for the delay. I had intended to update yesterday, but we've had several bad snow storms in succession and I spent a lot of my time this weekend shoveling snow. I hope to have the update completed and posted in the next day or so...certainly before Christmas. Thanks for your patience!

calvin_hobbesshovelsnow.jpg

It builds character rob!

:D

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the snow is pretty bad right now. Im in eastern Massachusetts right now so I know exactly what you are talking about. Take your time and have a good Christmas! If we dont hear from you before then, so be it.:cool:

If we don't hear from you, we can always end up sending my loyal pet Peti to rescue you.:D

With brandy!

Of course, I just saw a Mythbusters where they busted that...:(

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - Cracks in the Alliance

header11.jpg

April 1, 1940 - 0:00 - Revised BWA analysis:

I have revised my original BWA formula to account for the hard attack value of units. BWA is now calculated using the following formula:

[(hard attack x 0.2) + (soft attack x 0.8) x organization] = BWA

This alternation does not drastically change the scores of the formations tested nor does it change the relative rankings of these formations, but it's an improved refinement to the calculation and may prove useful later in the game.

041540_BWA_rev.jpg

April 6, 1940 - 0:00 - Semi-Motorized Cavalry Division Research Compete:

Fab. Starachowice completes research of Semi-Motorized Cavalry. This will allow me to follow through with the expansion of my cavalry arm. For my next research project, I assign PZInz to research Improved Light tank which will give me access to the Lt. Arm III model to which I intend to upgrade all my armor.

040640_research.jpg

April 6, 1940 - 0:00 - Development of More Cavalry:

As described in my BWA analysis, Semi-Motorized Cavalry divisions are an efficient, cost effective and flexible unit type. Their combination of manpower efficiency, supply efficiency, relatively high supression values and decent speed make them a well rounded unit. I have therefore decided to not only upgrade my existing cavalry divisions, but to add 6 more bringing me to a total of 12 cavalry divisions once I have completed this round of unit construction.

040640_prod.jpg

April 7, 1940 - 1:00 - Militia Deployment - Linz:

My 5th Militia division arrives and is deployed in Linz.

anim66.gif

April 1940 - Trade Update:

I'm beginning to experience an abrupt slow down in trade activity in April (see the Diplomacy update below). Currently, I'm in no danger economically, but I want to continue to expand my trade so it will be important to root out the causes of this temporary problem.

040240_trades.jpg

April 13, 1940 - 0:00 - Force Substituion Doctrine Research Completed:

Ludomil Rayski completes research of Force Substitution Doctrine (Int Organization +2%). Rayski may not be a strong researcher, but he his skills sets cover many of the technology areas required for Air Doctrine research. I'll keep him in place and put him to work researching Operational Destruction Doctrine which is an important techology leading to many important later doctrines which will improve the effectiveness of my Tactical Bombers.

040640_research2.jpg

April 17, 1940 - 1:00 - Garrision Deployment: Münster:

My 8th Garrision division arrives and is deployed in Münster allowing still more infantry to shift eastwards.

041740_garr.jpg

April 1940 - 1:00 - Intelligence Update:

7 more spies and I'll have purged Poland of foreign infiltrators. The intelligence investment is a steep one, but it will be important to protect my technology assets and production queue from foreign meddling.

040640_dwojka.jpg

April 20, 1940 - 1:00 - Upgrades to Cavalry:

Already I begin to realize results in he upgrade investment to the existing cavalry divisions. This upgrade also increases the supply (and now oil) demands for these units, so it will be important to assign Logistics Wizards to these units even if only temporarily until combat operations resume.

042040_upgrade.jpg

April 20, 1940 - 12:00 - Promotion:

I'm about to receive a 2nd HQ division from my build queue so I'll need to shuffle some leaders around to put my highest ranking leaders in charge of the best units. Ideally, I'd like Field Marshals to head HQ divisions. Currently, the only available Field Marshal is Szylling. He currently leads Armia Pomorze. I'll manually promote Boltuc to become the new leader of Armia Pomorze necessitating a ripple effect of leadership changes as described below. I'll likely avoid any further manual promotions and instead rely on auto-promotion to kick in once I've built enough additional units.

042140_promote.jpg

April 21, 1940 - 1:00 - HQ Deployment: Bremen:

The arrival of POLSKA 2 provides a crucial step towards a future invasion of the USSR. I may build as many as 6 more HQ divisions to allow for maximum command flexibility and ESE enhancement these units offer. These will be critical factors in what I expect to be a difficult undertaking requiring the maximization of supply distribution and also to maximize leadership command capacity.

anim67.gif

April 26, 1940 - 1:00 - Interceptor Deployment: Rostock:

I receive my first Interceptor unit today and deploy it in Rostock where I have good ground unit protection. This will be the first of many which will eventually be organzied into 3 air division stacks and will act to not only protect my industrial centers but will assist in protecting my Tactical Bomber units.

anim68.gif

April 26, 1940 - 1:00 - Militia Deployment: Salzburg:

The 6th Militia unit arrives and is deployed in Salzburg. I'm halfway done building the militia units I've allocated in the build queue. While these units serve a minor role in protecting me from possible revolts, their primary role is to cheaply add to my overall unit count and trigger leader auto promotion.

anim69.gif

April 1940 - Diplomacy Update:

I maintain my recent routine of gathering technologies from the UK and influencing the USA and USSR but towards the end of April, an unexpected development occurs when Denmark expresses fear over Poland's new found military might. They have appealed to the UK for assurances of the sovereignty and to my shock and dismay, the UK sympathizes with the Danes and requests that Poland pull back from the Danish frontier.

040240_diplo.jpg

I've long suspected that the UK would seek any excuse to limit Poland's expanding power and influence. Where were the British when OUR sovereignty was being violated? Denmark is a weak nation, however they control the vital Øresund waterway through which the majority of my trade exports travel. Furthermore, Poland has NO NAVY with which to protect this vital aspect of her economy. I won't allow Britain to dictate when and where the Polish military is deployed NOR will I allow a vital source of economic prosperity to be threatened by the likes of little Denmark. Clearly, steps will need to be taken to assert our rights and if it means going it alone....then so be it.

Last edited:
Wow, those Baltic peoples really, really want to know something. Latvia? Preposterous!!! :rofl: Excellent udate sir, and glad to see your BWA streamlined and into action! :D

So, time to eat some Danish cookies?:D

Danish cookies, om nom nom nom nom... :D

Splendid update, still I hope you won't follow Hitler's footsteps too closely ;)

:pHey you leave my motherland alone! Being occupied by the Germans is one thing, but by the Poles!

Merry Christmas to you too also :p

It's so true that the British were so silent during the invasion of Poland blast their eyes ! Another thrilling chapter , rob , and I have to agree , you've revolutionised gameplay AARs forever ! Well done , sir :D

Glorius levels of detail ad lovely images as usual. Any AAR i would write would be 5000 time worse.

Those little buggers.

I say it is time for Poland to become a naval power.

Good update though, great graphics work as usual.

Anyways, merry Christmas to all the subscribers of this AAR.:)

Last edited: