• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damnit, why'd the event have to fail? :mad:

I hate puppets with a vengence.

Just fire the events for the Soviets manually...

Originally Posted by CEGORACH
Impossible. THe whole idea was to keep the from fighting each other + Poland and Hungary are traditional friends - for some eight centuries at least.

Oops I forgot the fact that the hungarians didd'nt even take part in fall weis.
What I meen is that it would be a choice, romania or hungary. I would choose Romania just becouse I like them.

Colonel Bran said:
Oops I forgot the fact that the hungarians didd'nt even take part in fall weis.
What I meen is that it would be a choice, romania or hungary. I would choose Romania just becouse I like them.

Apparently one company did - on Polish side :p

There were several volunteers from Hungary too, but the said unit crossed the border to help a Polish unit to reach Hungary and safety.

Only a small margin of Hungarian nazis resented Poles - for example when the Maczek's armoured 'Black Brigade' crossed the border after the order to evacuate was given by Smigly-Rydz it was welcomed as heroes.

Germans did ask Hungary to at least allow transit of troops and munitions - useful in the later part of the war, but that was declined by its government responding 'we would have a revolution here'.

During the war both, in theory enemies barely exchengade fire - Home Army even established half concealed section in Hungary (code name 'Liszt') and when Hungarian forces were in Poland they either 'ignored' POlish guerillas or supplied them with weaponry.
Hungarian troops deployed close to Warsaw in summer 1944 proposed to join the Uprising as 'Royal Legion of St.Stephen' which was accepted by the Poles, but had to be confirmed by the Allies (otherise the Magyars would lose combatant rights and would be shot either by Germans or the Soviets) - which didn't happen - German HQ learnt about it and decided they cannot risk putting Huns and Poles together. The units were redeployed to the south - there were some incidents between Germans and Hungarians so it might be the last call to order the redeployement.

Simply if someone wouldn't fight each other in this part of Europe it would be Poles and Hungarians - check Wiki for Pole, Hungarian - two brothers . :D

PS IN a millenium of relationship there were perhaps two wars between Poland and Hungary - both etremely unpopular on both sides, the second (1657-60) a total disaster for Transylvania (everyone opposed the attack in that state - except the Duke - his advisors, leaders of all religious communities, even his wife) considered one of the greatest political blunders in entire history of the EE.

Hmm, well Romania was the country that helped the Polish govt flee into exile, and got or transferred most of the remaining military equipment. It didn't help the Polish resistance, because the SU was later involved in the Allied support for the Polish resistance.

Crush3r said:
Hmm, well Romania was the country that helped the Polish govt flee into exile, and got or transferred most of the remaining military equipment. It didn't help the Polish resistance, because the SU was later involved in the Allied support for the Polish resistance.

The problem was that Hungary are traditionally very close. Romania was friendly (and was awarded for that with this equipment which was evacuated), but it was also formally allied against the SU.

Besides I don't believe there is a competition who is more friendly, isn't there ? :p

PS The biggest difficulty was that Poland had two meaningful (no offence to Estonia or Latvia), potential allies - unfortunatelly both were very much against each other...

As a lurker I like what you have done so far. As a word of advice for the future -- do what you deem right, but keep it real. ;)

Now I think that there should be a conference of the victors. There you can show some of the doctrine changes of Poland. Also remember that Germany signed the MRP with Soviet Union. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if you happen to find a copy of the treaty, while going throught the archives in occupied Berlin. :)

Deus said:
As a lurker I like what you have done so far. As a word of advice for the future -- do what you deem right, but keep it real. ;)

Now I think that there should be a conference of the victors. There you can show some of the doctrine changes of Poland. Also remember that Germany signed the MRP with Soviet Union. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if you happen to find a copy of the treaty, while going throught the archives in occupied Berlin. :)
Thanks for the poke. I've had my head buried in some alterations which I believe will address many of the suggestions received from readers. I'd prefer to keep these changes relatively secret for now since I believe the AAR is more interesting if things are revealed within the context of the AAR updates. Here are a few teasers though:
  1. I'm currently building and testing a whole new set of events that will simulate many aspects of Międzymorze and Prometheism.
  2. Since I'm playing Doomsday and not Armageddon, I don't have the option to release sub-parts of Germany (like Bavaria) as has been suggested. As you probably already know, I'm not very keen on releasing puppets anyway...but wanted you to know that I explored the possibility in the new set of events I'm creating.
  3. I have warmed up to the ideas suggested by others for Hungarian and Romanian cooperation with Poland. Relations between Hungary and Romania are tricky, but I believe I've come up with a way to simlulate a believable solution. Testing as we speak.
  4. I still feel strongly that a re-union with Lithuania is not realistic in this timeframe, however, I'm working a chain of events that I think will create an interesting possibility there.
  5. I'm determined to make these new events actually function within the game system and not simply fire them manually, so bear with me while I sort through these things and and get everything running smoothly.
  6. I'll be updating this coming weekend. ;)

Last edited:
You might want to use some of those leaders (about 140 new commanders) - the list is developed (heavily modified) from that in a very old mod for vanilla HoI 2 - 'II RP mod'.

Might have its uses, though much lesser in so advanced campaign.

here it is

http://rapidshare.com/files/159014007/leaders.rar

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - Diplomatic Situation

Phase 3

wielko_small.jpg

November 25, 1939 - 7:00 - Warsaw:

112539_diplomap.jpg

pilsud_diplo1.png

Newly transformed into a world power, Poland now faces critical decisions about its future course. Shall we play nice and reassure our western allies that we're democratically inclined? This implies re-establishing the German state (although with a far more acceptable government). Or, do we capitalize on our recent victory and expand the economy allowing for even greater conquests? A few opportunities are readily apparent. Hungary and Romania are our natural brothers and would likely, under the right circumstances, join us in a crusade against Bolshevism. The choice is stark: Poland must choose to either preserve the status quo or press forward towards a new age and a resurgence of the greatness of Poland with all the consequences that might entail.

Last edited:
Wow , that was another excellent update . The smooth diplomatic interface you've set up totally interweaves the data of the relationships with the palpability of a refreshing tablet . It really makes me want to replay HOI2 !