• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since most of the Poles in the portal are here anyway I will hijack some space. ;)

Happy Independence Day everybody !

11-1.jpg

*the image comes from a blog of some quite crazy artist with a number of rather peculiar idea...
Nonetheless he knows his craft.

Also even if I despise Roman Dmowski and his legacy, he is still one of the men who made their considerable contribution to the success of the 2nd Republic.

For this moment I will just simply enjoy the fact his political thought is dead and buried without attacking the man himself. :)

+ The Old Man himself. :)

1111.jpg

polishind.png

I have a special place in my heart for Poland . After all , it's where JPII was from XD .

And gosh those graphics would look great on T-shirts ! XD

for crying out loud saying someone likes poland because he liked jp2 is crap! jp2 became jp2 because poland was so crap back then that he got to run to church and there he run to the vatican and there he was observed by americans and british that decided that making a pole a pope will reignite polish oh so famous uprisingness
besides that jp2 was a simple man and every simple man could do the same all other popes where either political or etc

besides saying someone is a jp2 generation is also a crap! i was born i same time and i am not jp@ gen!

Deus Eversor said:
for crying out loud saying someone likes poland because he liked jp2 is crap! jp2 became jp2 because poland was so crap back then that he got to run to church and there he run to the vatican and there he was observed by americans and british that decided that making a pole a pope will reignite polish oh so famous uprisingness
besides that jp2 was a simple man and every simple man could do the same all other popes where either political or etc

besides saying someone is a jp2 generation is also a crap! i was born i same time and i am not jp@ gen!

Especially the British - they have decisive voice in the matters of the catholic Church indeed... :rofl:

For once you could stay silent and keep your ideas and rather 'interesting' vision of history and facts to yourself.

I believe it NOT is the right place for that anyway.

Last edited:
Happy Polish indepence day! And, as our dear authAAR should know, here in the US it's veteran's day. So, let's take the time to have a moment of silence for ALL who lost their lives in or because of WWI and WWII, regardless of influence or allegence...

demokratickid said:
Happy Polish indepence day! And, as our dear authAAR should know, here in the US it's veteran's day. So, let's take the time to have a moment of silence for ALL who lost their lives in or because of WWI and WWII, regardless of influence or allegence...
Amen to that. I'd also like to remind everyone that the opinions of others should be respected here and while you may not agree with the expressed opinions and feelings of another forum member, I must insist that any personal attacks stay out of this AAR (not to mention it's against forum policy). Thanks.

Well, happy indie day! Here it's armistice day, only observed by some institutions (like the army or french high school). As an odd fact, yesterday it was artillery day in the armed forces.

Chief Savage Ma said:
People look at me like a weirdo because I know when Polish Independence Day is. Its Veteran's Day :rolleyes:

I know the feeling. I'm the only person in my school who could list the Prime Ministers of the UK from Lord Palmerson on... :rofl:

demokratickid said:
I know the feeling. I'm the only person in my school who could list the Prime Ministers of the UK from Lord Palmerson on... :rofl:

I can't do that. I got 95 out of 100 world capitals right though. I'm the only dude who knows that Muscate is the capital of Oman (mostly because of this game). I always know the little things that nobody else thinks is important.

Chief Savage Ma said:
I can't do that. I got 95 out of 100 world capitals right though. I'm the only dude who knows that Muscate is the capital of Oman (mostly because of this game). I always know the little things that nobody else thinks is important.

Same here. I can give you untold ammounts of trivia in both films and World War 2.

*silently wonders how to hold a minutes silence in an AAR*

Congratulations Poland!

Chief Savage Ma said:

What's odd is that I guessed that the country was Oman even before I read past Muscate... That's funny and a little sad... :rofl:

finally followed the link here from the interview on cannonized's AAR. i had been putting it of for some time even though your AAR kept popping up in every other one i was reading... in completely different timelines :rofl:

i must say, i was a little leary of a HOI2 poland AAR, and resisted the temptation, but the interview was quite persuasive. the moment i got a taste, i was hooked :D

i have been quite impressed by any number of things; like the graphical quality, the degree of detail and insight (rivaling Kanitatlan truth be told), but i have been most impressed by the out-pouring of support from the whole community!

im interested to see how you are able to juggle the difficulties of running a war with multiple branches of your armed forces, on multiple fronts.

GL with your build-up to the invasion of the SU!

Chief Savage Ma said:
My history teacher said that the Polish army surrendered to aircraft (this was after she said Delaware seceded from the Union). Her ignorance is what inspired me to become a history teacher so that the kids don't think this bullshit is really true.

Me too. Amazing how many incredibly stupid AND ignorant teachers there are. :confused:

Milites said:
*silently wonders how to hold a minutes silence in an AAR*

Congratulations Poland!

IN Poland it is a joyful day only because the overall balance was positive - we lost about 3 500 000 people too so know your pain...