• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulation on this fantastic AAR! :) The graphics are splendid, and I think they illustrate the game perfectly. There are some thing that could be nitpicked (like a document signed by Pilsudski from 1939, or a map with German names on it), but apart from that, the story is flawless. Can't wait to see Stalin's ass being kicked to Mars ^^

And regarding possible problems with oil&the rest of stuff:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Petroleum_Trail_International_Tourist_Trail
Nowadays it's just a tourist trail across Poland and Ukraine, but before the war it was a quite potent source of oil and gas for II RP. Perhaps you could use this to boost oil production is southern Poland a little bit? Plus, I guess that an alliance with Romania should be enough to resolve your problems. :)

I'm wondering what will your invasion on Russia look like. A full-scale armoured steamroller is, IMHO, barely possible, since you have very little IC-days, compared to 1936 Germany. Still, this creates a situation where a carefull and precise plan may result in miracles.

I'm looking forward to see Kiev and Minsk back in my Motherland!

My, Pierwsza Brygada (We, the First Brigade) Polish patriotic song from the First World War. You can find english words HERE. Don't know if somebody posted this before - if yes, then sorry.

I have to agree with Kurt , peace is not boring at all and you've definitely shown us how exciting preparing for a new future war is especially with the idea that you may have to go at it alone or be the new one being attacked on two fronts XD

awesome update :) i really like the attention to detail, everything seems to be planned a couple of years ahead.

are you planning on invading the soviets all the way to kamchatka, or will you make yourself an event similar to the bitter peace?

Just wanna say awesome AAR Read all of it in about 2 nights can't wait to see you invade the Soviet Union :)

120439_dwojka.jpg

Code name: Grzegorz? :rofl: :rofl:
Grzegorz the Tonguetwister? :rofl:

Nice plans, but as you're Poland, not Germany, I don't think that Romania will allow any Hungarian annexation of it's territory in this timeline, so you'll have to defuse the situation differently.

Sorry for the big delay in pulling together my last update. I won't bore you all with a long list of excuses...suffice to say I get pulled in a lot of different directions sometimes...often against my will. Anyway, time to respond to some recent comments:

@ Madmonkey24: Don't worry...I won't let this AAR die. I'm having WAY too much fun doing it to abandon it now. I try to update at least once a week if my time allows. Much of the recent delay can be attributed to reworking the game to veer away from the the WC I had originally planned. I've written a whole new series of events and those took time to create and test. I'm hoping the delay will be worthwhile.

@ trekaddict: I'm still a bit put off by the buggy nature of ARMA and prefer the stability of the latest Doomsday patch. I own ARMA, I've played it....but that whole ghost fleet thing is a real downer for me. At this point, I'll just wait for HOI3.

@ Kurt_Steiner: If I leave the allies and my belligerence continues to grow, the likelihood of a Soviet attack grows with it. I'll be working hard to blunt that possibility by maintaining good relations with them.

@ robou: No question it will be difficult to build a Germany scaled armor force with my current IC. Not only do I have less IC to allocate for production, I have less to expand my transport capacity which is a critical need once you get deep into Russia. Oil I'm less worried about. If I can ally with Romania I'll be in decent shape. I can also trade for oil and I'll be fostering good relations with the USA for that very reason. I'll need to find a balance in there somewhere. To attack the Soviet Union, you need armor. I can't even imagine trying without it.

@ Milites: Thanks for noticing the maps! The German maps in the last update were a gift from a friend. I completely LOVE the detailed hand drawn nature of them and really wanted to incorporate them into the AAR somehow. The fact that they're in German seems a minor issue to me. A pretty map is a pretty map no matter what language it's in (and honestly I don't think I could find maps like that in Polish from that era...not as hi-res anyway)

@ Deus Eversor: The last event was one I had always intended for this AAR, although I did modify it somewhat..particularly towards making the consequences a little stiffer for absorbing Germany. I'll be using this as a setup for a future chain of events that can create a new Polish led alliance. Tricky to make those things....it requires altering the event files for lots of other countries...not just Poland.

@ Delex: I tried to restrain myself and not simply add cores without some ethnic or historical basis. Memel is Lithuanian and my current relationship with them is sketchy at best. Rest assured it will eventually become mine....but events have not unfolded yet that give me a more valid claim there.

@ Jedrek: Actually that document (if you're referring to the formal declaration of annexation in the last update) was not signed by Piłsudski. Truth be told, I believe it's a document regarding Piłsudski's funeral...but hey...it's looked cool and at the scale I used it I thought I might get away with it....I guess not! :eek: The German maps don't really bother me. My friend Paul gave me beautiful hi-res scans of these German maps from the 1930's and I just couldn't pass up the chance to use them. Thank you for the song! I have a different version of it...but always cool to hear alternatives.

@ canonized: If I leave the allies, the possibility of a 2 front war exists. I've been very careful to avoid this possibility in past games as either Poland or Germany. But...I'll forge some new ground (for me anyway) and invite the prospect. Should be exciting...no? :)

@ gooy: I have incorporated a modified version of the Bitter Peace Event very similar to the one used for Germany. I don't know about you....but watching someone conquer Russia all the way to the Pacific sounds insanely boring. Russia is GIGANTIC.

@ elbasto: It won't be possible for me to achieve full Free Market unless I cheat and I won't be doing that. I got as far as I did via the early slider influences from the UK and France early in the game. Nice as they are, the free ride is over. You can expect my government to slide gradually more right as I progress here. Poland is turning mean. As for fighters...yes...well, kind of anyway. Once I complete research in Basic Interceptors, I'll begin a serial run of those in preparation for a strong air arm in my war against the USSR.

@ Enewald: Interesting idea...but honestly I won't be doing that. I'm trying to not pile a bunch of huge advantages in Poland's favor. I'd rather earn the IC by either building it or conquering it. I will say, though, that there are more cores out there for me to gain via some future events.

and one last comment to Ghostwriter:
I caught your post from awhile back about the plebicite idea in conquered territories. Thank you for the very thoughtful, detailed breakdown as to how that might occur! But as I indicated to Enewald, I'm trying to restrain myself and not go IC hog-wild here. So much of the fun of playing Poland is dealing with her handicaps. I might as well just play Germany if I don't want the challenge. Know what I mean?

As far as I can tell most of the bugs and much of that Ghost-Fleet thing have been fixed with 1.2, and certain features, like the Brigades for ships, TT takeover and a few small things did me in in favour of ARMA.

robw963 said:
(and honestly I don't think I could find maps like that in Polish from that era...not as hi-res anyway)
There is a whole bunch of them at WIG archives site, here (Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny stands for Military Institute of Geography). Especially this one map served me well for all my Second Republic carthographic purposes.

In addition want that your AAR is the main reason I lurk on Paradox Forums.

Last edited:
Do you remember Cieszyn? Taking Ostrava is a way to express what would IIRP do at that time, in such geopolitical situation, I think...

Anyway I would give Memel to Lithuania as a sign of good intentions (maybe new event? Relations with them +50? :D ). After all, Rob will conquer Lithuania, I'm sure of it! :rolleyes:

By the way, anyone know what day is tomorrow? ;)

11_listopada.jpg

Last edited:
CthulhuPL said:

11_listopada.jpg

Yes! CoD 5 Release!

Problem of future borders with Germany is solved. I didn't expect that this can be decided as fast as one month after war. But there (in annexed teritories) should be social unrest - Germans are afraid what the polish decision can mean for them. Some people can do acts of sabotage, some people can go to guerrilla troops. If the Germans stay in this land there should be no order - this territories was by decades the place, where german propaganda about superiority of Germans over Slavs (especially Poles) was strongest in whole Germany. This was the place where German state promoted german colonization, where the state aggressive germanized people. So there should be no order if Germans stay in this area.

There is time to decide what to do with Czech and Slovakia - you annexed part of Czechoslovakia (Ostrava), so allies (and Czechs) can be angry. I think that you wanted to illustrate annexion of Cieszyn Silesia by Poland, but this area is only about 10% of Ostrava province (but important economically) - this annexion can be done better by add 1 IC to Cracov (pitty there is no Upper Silesian Voivodship province), minus 1 IC from Ostrava, add some small mp to Cracov, remove the same mp from Ostrava.

So in the case of Slovakia and Czech you can:
1) restore Czechoslovakia (England and France are happy, USRR too, Hungary are unsatisfied with it)

2a) give Slovakia to Hungary (Hungary are happy, the rest of the world - not)
2b) give independence to Slovakia (some Czechs may be angry about it)
2c) annex Slovakia and:
- form an unitary state (there will be some unrest in annexed provinces and a deterioration in international relations)
- form a federal state (i have no idea how the world and Slovaks will be react, but rather neutraly or slighty positive/negative - not violently, maybe USRR is there an exception - they want to conquer Europe so thay don't want strong Poland on theirs way)

3a) give independence to Czech
- in historical borders (Germans will be angry)
- without Suddeten (Czechs will be angry)
3b) annex Czech:
- in historical borders (Germans will be angry)
- without Suddeten (you can give it to restored Germany to sweeten the lose of east part of Germany - Czechs will be angry)
- form an unitary state (almost the same consequences as in Slovakia case)
- form a federal state (i have no idea how the world and Czechs will be react)

4) still occupy Czechoslovakia (everybody will be angry - war is over and you do nothing)

I'm interested in what option you will chose. :)

And at the end of my post - You are doing good work :D

CthulhuPL said:

11_listopada.jpg

Isn't it Polish independence day? (As well as being Armistice Day.)

Also, thought I should lend my congratulations to the throng robw, it really has been an impressive and exciting ride thus far and I am really looking forward to more of this tale of Polish greatness!