• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
robw963: ...0400 - Tactical Retreat: I want to avoid the advantage the Germans will gain in the battle of Bydgoszcz as daylight resumes..

excellent ! ! :)

robw963:
...3 hours later, I finally succeed. German armor can be tough.

what level is that German (light?) armor ? ? :)

also, how much damage did it take ? ? :D

robw963:
...1. Korp Kawaleria arrives in Königsberg early in the evening..

what is the time of the infantry arrival ? ? ;)

awesome updates ! !
:cool:

robw963: (post 144) ...German non-Garrison land units: 127. Polish land units: 118 (with zero Garrisons.)

robw963: (post 180) ...The German div count in Prussia is more like 18:
8 in Elbing
8 in Konigsberg
2 in Memel
Their war will be over quite soon now. /robw963

the destruction of those 18 German units will give you a 118 to 109 land unit advantage over the Germans ! ! :D

magnificent ! ! :cool:

hmmm. have the Germans built any more land units ? ? :wondering:

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Battle for Memel

September 2-3 1939 - Battle for Memel:

Memel Isolated:
Checking Memel, I can see that the Germans have yet to send any supplies to these isolated units preventing them from replacing losses and re-orging. This contributes to a weak German counter-attack on Königsberg.

090239_memel.jpg

anim2.gif

10:00:

At 10:00 hrs, the German counter-attack fails giving the cavalry a needed break before a full assault tomorrow morning.

vic4.jpg

September 3, 1939 - 01:00:

Armia Suwalki headed by General Kutrzeba arrives in Königsberg joining the 3 cavalry division there...just in time to launch a dawn assault on Memel.

090339_konigs.jpg

03:00 - Attack Memel:

The adjacent Headquarters in Torun allows General Kutrzeba to exceed his normal command capacity of 9 divisions. I want to send only 1 division into Memel itself. The remaining divisions will support the attack from Königsberg so they move westwards as soon as possible once the battle is over. I'm lucky that the rain (and mud) is staying to the east.

090339_memel.jpg

090339_memel3.jpg

anim3.gif

12:00:
Cornered, with no retreat, 12 German divisions are forced to surrender. Memel is won.

vic5.jpg

Last edited:
@ GhostWriter:
I caught your earlier question about what level the German armor is. Looks generally like Lvl II and III Lt. armor. As mentioned earlier, it's a bit pathetic that they don't have any motorized divisions.

As for their overall div count, I'm sure they're building more. They still have plenty of IC. I'll post an updated div count tomorrow after some more time passes.

Thanks for your enthusiastic interest!

A very nice start to the war especially since two of the lost german divisions were armored. I also like the little Pilsudsky and the animated battle screens.

well taking those divs will make that germans will have equal nr of divs with you :D
138 - 18 = 120
118 - 0 = 118
well almost equal :]

now get claims on lithuania the home region of pilsudski! do not forget the Rzeczypospolita Obojga Narodów! (and make it Trojga!!!!)

Last edited:
Germans are screwed, good job!

I must confess I'm stunned at this rate of success. If the kessel at Bydgoszcz is so successful as the Memel one, Germany would be doomed in such a sort space that this will go into the annals of ahistory!

I think the Soviets should blitz and declare war and make this more interesting. At this rate WWII will be over by Christmas.

BTW, great job with this. I tryed Poland once but different and DoW Germany in 1936 not 1939.

You should try the '39 scenario for fun just too see what you can do, as I did that after the '36 experiment with Poland I was utterly crushed.

Next stop, Berlin.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Resources Status Report

September 2, 1939 - Resources Status Report:

German naval mastery of the Baltic Sea effectively cuts off all trade with my allies and on the morning of Septermber 2 the vast majority of my trade agreements are cancelled. I'm truly alone now putting further emphasis on the need to capture foreign resources. The 2 current best opportunities for this are in Bratislava, the Slovakian capital, and of course Berlin. The capture of Berlin will literally end any worries about keeping my industry supplied with critical resources, but I'll also look for opportunities to capture resource rich provinces as well.

090239_resources.jpg

it's not actually betraying, those resources are just simply worth more in allied depots than on the bottom of the baltic...

How many days/hours left till capture of bratislava and annexation of slovakia?

Don't worry: trade with the USSR :D Just kidding. You'll solve it when you take Bratislava and get rid of most of the Wehrmacht in the kessel you're creating.

I hope...