• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 1 - Assembling Forces

Early 1938 Assembling Forces:

I'll begin 1938 with yet another slider move +1 towards Hawk Lobby. This maximizes this slider setting and gives me improved production time and cost and a little more manpower growth. I also now take the opportunity to Guarantee the Independence of Albania. When Italy attacks them in 1939, I'll get a boost towards Interventionism.

010338.jpg

On January 7, upgrade of the HQ division is completed. This frees up some IC to begin construction of a land fort in Cracow. I'll wait longer until I begin to reinforce the understrength infantry divisions. The goal will be to time it so reinforcement is completed just prior to September 1939 to preserve the maximum amount of supplies. Inf '18 (.9) is cheaper to supply than both Inf '36 and Inf '39 (1.0).

010438.jpg

On January 10, I get another slider bump from the UK. Again it's a +1 move towards Free Market. One more slider move here will improve my production time and cost.

011038.jpg

On January 16, Rejewski completes Improved Computing Machine (+5% Research speed). I'm now 1 year closer to the historical research date for Pre-Planned Defense Doctrine and I now can research it a little faster with Imp Comp Machine. I assign Kutrzeba to begin research immediately.

res_14.jpg

March 9 brings the completion of 2 research items:
COP completes Advanced Machine Tools (+5 Industrial Efficiency) and
Fab Broni Radom completes Basic Infantry Division (allows Infantry '39)
I need to wait until March 14th for the completion of the last 2 Cavalry divisions, then I'll begin a mass serial build of Inf '39 divisions. IN the meantime, I assign PZInz to research Basic Encryption Devices and Fab. Starachowice begins research for Basic Mtn Division. This will be prove later to be a useful research for trade with France.

030938.jpg

On March 14, I complete construction of the cavalry divisions, and I can now begin construction of infantry divisions. I create 8 parallel builds of 11 divisions each for a total of 88 divisions. These 88 divisions plus the 21 already deployed should give me a total of 109 infantry divisions. Current expected completion date is September 25, 1939. I'll be hoping for further Free Market slider bumps from the UK to help me complete these infantry builds before the August 30, 1939 deadline. I also begin to slowly upgrade my exisiting infantry divisions by allocating 1 IC to upgrading.

031438.jpg

On June 28, my prayers are answered and the UK bumps my Free Market slider. This slider move pushes me over the edge and I receive -10% production time and cost). Because this happens so early in the serial infantry build, the end date for construction move from Sept 25, 1939 all the way back to July 30, 1939. This is a huge break and ensures that I can afford offensive supply when I go on the attack against the Germans. Very lucky.

062838.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice AAR! I love idea of the mod you made as well as Jozef's commentary, even when I cant understand it. :cool:

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 1 - Assembling Forces cont'd

Late 1938 Assembling Forces:

On August 11, PZInz completes Basic Encryption Devices (improved unit intelligence and combat performance). I use Stefan Banach to begin research of Basic Encryption Devices to further this advantage.

res_15.jpg

On August 23, I receive another slider bump from the UK. This time it's a +1 hit to Open Society which is relatively harmless. At this point, I'm hoping for a +1 slider bump to Standing Army, but I've been lucky so far so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

082338.jpg

Because i'm upgrading my Inf '18 up to Inf '39, I get a nice upgrade discount for upgrading 2 levels. I intentionally cut short individual unit upgrades shy of Inf '36 to preserve the cheaper supply maintenance cost for as long as possible. I'll delay a bit longer until I continue unpgrading them thru Inf '36 up to Inf '36. Remember, Inf '18 are cheaper to maintain than both the later models. This kind of micromangement is tedious, but worth the effort. (Can't do this with Arma 1.2 since the upgrade % isn't displayed in the ledger)

090138.jpg

On September 24, Fab Starachwice finishes research on Basic Mountain Division (allows Lvl II Mtn division). I'm tempted to build a 3rd mountain division to add to the 2 I already have, but they are expensive in both IC and manpower. I know I'm going to barely have enough manpower to complete my infantry division builds and unit reinforcement so I elect to not build another mountain division. I immediately trade the new tech to France for Production Control plus 70 supplies. I also trade the same tech to the UK for Early Hospital System. I then assign COP to research Production Control.

092438.jpg

res_16.jpg

On December 18, I'm surprised by another incredibly lucky slider bump from the UK.

121838.jpg

By this point, I have completed a Level 4 land fort in Cracow which frees more IC. This combined with my Free Market settings combines to make my supply deficit pretty reasonable. During this time I'm upgrading my 2 mountain divisions and holding my Inf '18 just shy of upgrading to Inf '36.

121938.jpg

On December 22, COP completes researching Production Control (+5% Industrial Efficiency Supplies). I'm beginning to outpace the allies in this research path but I still want to press forward here so I assign COP to research Production Planning without a blueprint. If I'm lucky and stay ahead of them, I may have another tradeable tech to bargain with.

122238.jpg

Last edited:
WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 1 - Prelude to War

Early 1939 Prelude to War:

My 1939 slider move is a toss up between +1 Interventionism and +1 Standing Army. I'm still hoping the UK will bump me towards Standing Army to gain to org increase. If they effect my interventionism instead, I'm betting it will be a move towards Isolationism so to head that off, I elect to go with +1 Interventionism. This gives me a slight savings in Consumer Goods which I use now to slowly reinforce my understrength infantry divisions by allocating 1 IC to reinforcement.

010239.jpg

On January 6, Stefan Banach completes Basic Decryption Devices (improved intelligence and combat performance). I then again assign Stefan Banach to research Improvded Encryption Technology.

res_17.jpg

010639.jpg

On February 11, I receive another relatively harmless slider bump from the UK pushing me towards Open Society.

021139.jpg

On March 15, things begin to heat up when Germany annexes Czechoslavakia and creates a puppet in Slovakia.

031539.jpg

On March 26, Italy declares war on Albania and my GOI earns me a nice double bump to full Interventionism.

032639.jpg

On April 4, I receive yet another relatively harmless slider bump from the UK pushing me towards Open Society. I'm beginning to worry they won't bump my Standing Army slider.

040439.jpg

On April 30, Kutrzeba completes Pre-Planned Defense Doctrine (+10 morale, +10 org, lower infantry build cost and improved HQ performance). Since I was able to secure a blueprint for the Early Hospital System tech in an earlier trade with the UK, I now put Kutrzeba to work researching it.

res_18.jpg

robw963: ...I create 8 parallel builds of 11 divisions each for a total of 88 divisions.

do you remember what your manpower was when you ordered these builds ? ? i like to build longer runs in case the extra units are needed, however, i realize that you could not (possibly ?) build runs of 99, which i have seen other countries do.

that said, one tactic i have used is to build a run as long as i want, then to replicate it as many times as needed to have as many parallel builds as i want... ;)

robw963: ...I'll be hoping for further Free Market slider bumps from the UK to help me complete these infantry builds before the August 30, 1939 deadline.

is it useful for you to not deploy any of those last few infantry builds ? ? :confused: (meaning: is Germany so hard coded that the August 30, 1939, ultimatum will fall no matter the size of your military ? ? )

robw963:
...On June 28 .. the UK bumps my Free Market slider. .. Because this happens so early in the serial infantry build, the end date for construction moves from Sept 25, 1939 .. to July 30, 1939. This is a huge break and ensures that I can afford offensive supply when I go on the attack against the Germans. Very lucky.

splendid ! ! :D

magnificent updates ! !
:cool:

GhostWriter said:
do you remember what your manpower was when you ordered these builds ? ? i like to build longer runs in case the extra units are needed, however, i realize that you could not (possibly ?) build runs of 99, which i have seen other countries do.

that said, one tactic i have used is to build a run as long as i want, then to replicate it as many times as needed to have as many parallel builds as i want... ;)

Naturally I have the benefit of hindsight here (I know exactly how this is going to playout), but I will say that I couldn't possibly afford any further infantry builds. I'll barely have enough manpower to replace losses once the battle gets underway. One frustration I would have if I had created longer serial runs is I wouldn't be able to keep tabs on the completion date for the serial run. That's crucial information when I'm planning my unit placement as August 30 approaches.

GhostWriter said:
is it useful for you to not deploy any of those last few infantry builds ? ? :confused: (meaning: is Germany so hard coded that the August 30, 1939, ultimatum will fall no matter the size of your military ? ? )

I'm unaware of any influence the size of my army would have on the Danzig event. Makes me curious though...are you suggesting that there's threshold after which the Germans don't dare attack? Either way, I doubt I could ever cross that threshold since manpower limitations for Poland prevent me from building an army any bigger than I'll end up having (you'll see in further updates)

GhostWriter said:
splendid ! ! :D

magnificent updates ! !
:cool:

Thanks for the encouragement! (from everyone!) :D I'm afraid that's all I have in me for tonight. I'll continue tomorrow and hope to continue to hold everyone's interest.

This is some very good stuff. I am glad to see that Poland is ready to meet the coming German storm. Do you plan to try and encircle the germans in east Prussia, or are you going to hold your positions along those two rivers in central poland?

Keep up the great work! :)

GhostWriter said:

I don't think that the military size of the Poles would matter. The event doesn't bother about it, IIRC.

I cant' wait for August!

Enewald said:
What are the germans up to? :D

Uuuh, you should have allied with them.

He can ally with whatever regime takes their place in Berlin.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 1 - Prelude to War cont'd

Summer 1939 Prelude to War:

On May 29, another slider bump, but sadly it's again to Open Society instead of Standing Army as I keep hoping.

052939.jpg

On June 4, COP completes researching Production Planning (+5% Industrial Efficiency Supplies). I now turn to the UK and France to make some blueprint trades. Pre-Planned Defense Doctrine is highly prized and I'm the only alliance member who has researched it. I want Deep Logistic Organization because I know my TC is going to give me some trouble once my entire army is deployed. So far, the UK has been a fickle trading partner, but I get lucky when I propose the trade and they give it to me. I also now begin considering the direction I want to take a future air force. I choose to follow that TAC bomber pathway (instead of CAS; CAS is great initially but range limitations plague later models) so I propose a trade with France (sweetened with 100 Money) and succeed. I then press ahead in the industrial efficiency line of research (to maintain my advantage) and assign COP to research Assembly Line Experimentation.

060439.jpg

res_19.jpg

On June 23, Stefan Banach completes Improved Encryption Devices (improved intelligence and unit combat performance). I'm eager to improve my TC as soon as possible so I assign Banach to research Deep Logisitic Organization using the blueprint I just gained from the UK in the trade earlier this month.

res_20.jpg

062339_2.jpg

On July 12, I complete the last round of infantry builds. I now have as many divisions as both the UK and France combined.

071239.jpg

I can now make a final push towards upgrade and reinforcement of my divisions while at the same time stashing away a last batch of supplies.

071339.jpg

Nice to know my allies are doing SOMETHING

072639.jpg

wow, an impressive build up you have here :) what are your intelligence estimates of the size of wehrmacht ?

btw i was wondering if those slider bumps can also affect democratic-authoritarian, and left-right sliders ?

and the happy józef is really a cool idea :)

are you going to defend your first line border? or are you planning to use rivers?? (like allied sugges in 1939)

be carefull with 9 div, in Danzitg (you probably know it)....

I'm waitng for the begining of the war :D only a month!!