Closed Thread

Thread: Hearts of Iron III - Rules

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Hearts of Iron III - Rules

Well it took less than half a day here are the rules you must follow

NOTE: There will not be any gulags or deathcamps (including POW camps) to build in Hearts of Iron3, nor will there be the ability to simulate the Holocaust or systematic purges, so I ask you not to discuss these topics as they are not related to this game. Thank You. Threads bringing up will be closed without discussion.

NOTE: Strategic bombing in HoI3 will be abstracted and not allow you to terror bomb civilians specifically. Chemical weapons will also not be included in the game. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed without discussion.

NOTE: There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.

NOTE: Threads on Millitary Statistics are not be started. We really don't care that you as a community can not discuss this like adults.

Failure to follows these rules will result in bans.
    Last edited by King; 21-01-2009 at 11:06.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    104 games registered

200k clubSemper Fi500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition

Also Threads about beta testing or wanting to be a betatester are not allowed.

When betas are needed, an official thread will be posted and clear instructions given on how to apply.

We apreciate your enthusiasm, but lets not clog up the forum with spam or speculation on testing.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Victoria's Plastic Surgeon OHgamer's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

In Columbus OH, but dreaming of the White Isle.....
    And a couple of additional rules that I believe need to be reiterated as they have been rather flagrantly ignored in the recent past :

From Forum Rules

You will at all times respect and refrain from harassing and/or personally attacking other users or Paradox staff.

You will respect the rights of other users to have their own opinions.

You will not use expressions that are considered foul, vulgar, sexually harassing, racially offensive or in any way discriminatory. These expressions include, but are not limited to, ethnic slurs, hate speech and religious epithets. Whether an expression fits under this definition will be determined by Paradox staff at the time.

You will not make posts that are inflammatory with the perceived intent to rile people up (i.e. "trolling" and "flaming" are prohibited).

You will only post messages that are within the particular forumís scope or topic.

These, and all of the rules listed in the general forum rules and those additional rules specifically stated in this thread for the HoI3 forum, will be enforced, and those who violate the rules will receive penalties that, if accumulated sufficienty over a period of time, may result in temporary or even permanent loss of access to these forums.
    2014 will hopefully allow me to be more active with Paradox games than the last few years

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

A New Rule!

As I had to spend most of today sorting out forum problems instead of working on 1.2, I had to make this new rule.

Anyone that wants to start a new thread in this forum, must either..

1) Be a registered HOI3 customer.
    2) Have been a member here for a while already.

And please read the rules.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    It seems that the following point may need some repeating:

If you find a post that you find to be inappropriate to the forums (trolling, flaming, insulting, etc.), the appropriate course of action is NOT to engage in an argument about that post. The appropriate course of action is to contact a (demi)moderator (by PM).

I MUCH prefer receiving 5 emails pointing to the same post as being objectionable to finding even one inappropriate post in response.
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    Since I've had to repeat this a number of times already.

The betas are still under NDA. STOP trying to get them to spill the beans.

And while you may be unhappy with the result of the beta, that is NO reason to insult all betas. You weren't in the beta, so you don't know who did or did not do what. The performance of the betas is something between Paradox and the betas.
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Regarding East vs West: East vs West is a canceled game, Paradox has said everything they intend to, and feel the statement posted here is still valid.

Threads discussing East versus West will not be started, nor should members of the community request cannibalization of East versus West's programming for inclusion in Hearts of Iron IV. Threads engaging in this behavior will be closed.

Furthermore, discussion of how to acquire unreleased materials related to Paradox products is not allowed. Threads engaging in this behavior will be closed, and further action against the individuals in question may be taken.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Closed Thread