+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A proposal

Eternal leader of all Ducks The Great Duck's Avatar

A proposal

As you probably know,HoI2 has a lot of mods,like TRP,CORE,HSR,Mod34 or WiF,whose aim is giving a more realistic and historical experience of the game.Now that HoI3 will be out next year,I would propose that there should be one historical modification for it,as having a single unified project would probably finish the mod earlier,and some stuff from HoI2 mods could be converted for HoI3 use.What do you think?
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Agnostic/Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism/Jingoism
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube
    The new leader of mankind!

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    If you can convince TRP, CORE, HSR, mod 34 guys, i'm with you.

General der Tso's Chicken Bullfrog's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres
    If you can convince TRP, CORE, HSR, mod 34 guys, i'm with you.
    that would be quite a project.

Anyway, the mods will probably continue or die out, new ones will pop up after the release. Poor CORE, never had a chance to shine this time. Maybe next.
    "We’ve been looking for the enemy for several days now. We’ve finally found them. We are surrounded. That simplifies the problem of getting to these people and killing them."
    -Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Non compost mentis

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Duck
    As you probably know,HoI2 has a lot of mods,like TRP,CORE,HSR,Mod34 or WiF,whose aim is giving a more realistic and historical experience of the game.Now that HoI3 will be out next year,I would propose that there should be one historical modification for it,as having a single unified project would probably finish the mod earlier,and some stuff from HoI2 mods could be converted for HoI3 use.What do you think?
    Different people have different ideas and want to mod things differently. Cooperation happens already (it's the basic idea of CORE after all), but some modifications are kind of mutually exclusive - or would demand too many compromises.

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

Darkest HourIron Cross

Quote Originally Posted by mandead
    Fear not, TGW/1914 shall come to HoI3.
    It shall also come The Cold War!
    Visit the Cold War mod subforum: (if you like to remember old projects)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=292

Want CPack style icons for DH Full? Then visit the thread below:

Cpack Style icons 2779 icons so far at 15/03/2013 Beta 2.1 Released!

Do you know about any tech team or any airplane, tank, artillery gun, ship or whatever piece of weaponry that you think should be included into the game? then please visit and suggest something in the Models & TT improvement thread. (click over the minimod's name to visit it).

Cold War Tech Tree Expansion extending DH tech tree from the early 60s to mid 90s. Beta 1.1 Released!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

No. All of those mods are aiming for realism, true, but they have different ways to archive it. For an example, TRP worked on AI and combat, while HSR worked on events that gave the AI free units
    "Null, void, invalid, iniquitous, unjust, damnable, reprobate, inane, empty of meaning and effect for all time."
    -Pope Innocent X on religious tolerance

"I have a master's degree."
    -Everyone on the Internet

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kar
    Different people have different ideas and want to mod things differently. Cooperation happens already (it's the basic idea of CORE after all), but some modifications are kind of mutually exclusive - or would demand too many compromises.
    I know what you mean .

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisHoi 2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog
    that would be quite a project.

Anyway, the mods will probably continue or die out, new ones will pop up after the release. Poor CORE, never had a chance to shine this time. Maybe next.
    What? I think when 0.4 for Armageddon comes out it will be great. Pepolpe will be playing it for quite a while, I would bet.
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe
    Victoria - Revolutions: Fabrikknecht
    EU3: Reichskanzler
    Pride of Nations: Staatssekretär des Kolonialamtes
    CK2: Ausgebildeter (!) Lehrling

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsspieler
    What? I think when 0.4 for Armageddon comes out it will be great. Pepolpe will be playing it for quite a while, I would bet.
    Then call it 1.0...

Kaiserreich should totally come to HOI3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pain
    No. All of those mods are aiming for realism, true, but they have different ways to archive it. For an example, TRP worked on AI and combat, while HSR worked on events that gave the AI free units
    I haven't played HSR so I don't know if this is true,but doesn't it also have some other features?Anyway,it seems it is completely dead now.What I am suggesting,is to work on a single historical mod from the start,so a better experience can be delivered earlier and faster.
    But first the creators of those mods need to tell what do they think about it.
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Let's hope some mods can be merged for HoI 3.
    I don't want to make a mod alone again...

I think it is just a dream.

Existing mods should just now fine tune what exist.

No more enough time and reason to develop, test, play and patch a brand new mod.

Err...wouldnt al the mods be brand new for HoI3?
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Me on Youtube

HoI AnthologyDarkest HourHoi 2 Beta500k club

That's not going to happen. For sure there will be a Compendium version for HOI3

HoI AnthologyDarkest HourHoi 2 Beta500k club

Err...wouldnt al the mods be brand new for HoI3?
    Not necessarily. From HOI to HOI2 I have been able to "translate" all events I did very quickly. So expect parts of HOI2 mods to be transfered to new projects.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tried it from Eu2 to EU3... not really working .

Well,EU3 doesn't really try to be historical,so it is nearly impossible to convert stuff from EU2 for EU3.
    @Luxor:Well,the tech tree probably wont be translated,and if all the events,leaders and ministers from the mods are translated for HoI3,it could be possible to have them in one mod,with a new tech tree they would be adapted to.
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Me on Youtube

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Lothos is already in the early alpha group

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast