• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahura Mazda said:
No what you should do is to make a WC with a non-latin nation, and preferably not oriental either, some country in India of south east asia would be great!

Agree with non-Latin.

Mantua and Meck were both fantastic stories. Playing a third Latin Tech Catholic country would bring many of the same challenges...ones that you can clearly overcome. Maybe a different tech group? Maybe a different religion? Maybe Tribal Govt. if you really want to beat your head against a wall?

Oh yes, you can try to mimic EGadds Kongo AAR =D

I'm voting for B, and Huron would be interresting!!

Huron would be too difficult! :p
Noone can pull that off!

Meso-America would be fun though, and again so would Southern Asia! (India or Indo-China)

Ahura Mazda said:
Huron would be too difficult! :p
Noone can pull that off!

Meso-America would be fun though, and again so would Southern Asia! (India or Indo-China)

That may be, but it WOULD be awesome if he could atleast survive with a decent chunk of NA!

With the Incas might be possible...

And I think I remember a WC with Yemen, it wasn't finished, but that was because the author was bored. Too easy! :p

Harve said:
Has anyone even done a WC starting outside Europe?

I am currently attempting one with Malacca.

On the whole, I suspect playing the American natives got even harder in 3.1. Have not actually tried one yet so this view is based on changes in game mechanics.

Colonization seems to take even longer in 3.1, and in addition Portugul gets crushed by Castille a lot more often. This means you have to wait longer for a Latin Tech neighbor, and when the neighbor arrives it is more likely to be Castille or England...who have a lot more manpower than Portugul.

If you do manage to survive, you may still run into a timing problem. If you don't get a Latin neighbor till 1530, and then it takes a long time to fully Westernize and then another long time to get Land Tech up to a level where you are competitive...there may just not be enough years left until 1821 to complete the WC.

That being said, there is obviously some good news in 3.1 in being able to get out of tribal govt.