• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a specific install order for installing Rome original and then vae victus and patches?

Install Rome.
Install VV.
Patch with VV 2.2.

Oh, I just love Paradox games, but can anybody tell me, does artificial intelligence using all of the game's opportunities after installing 1.3? Are there any gameplay's aspects that AI ignores? I already wrote but no one responded, maybe I must be more specific...well, it's like when the AI did not used loans in EU1. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Oh, I just love Paradox games, but can anybody tell me, does artificial intelligence using all of the game's opportunities after installing 1.3? Are there any gameplay's aspects that AI ignores? I already wrote but no one responded, maybe I must be more specific...well, it's like when the AI did not used loans in EU1. Thanks in advance for any answers.

I don't see anything like that. AI seems quite good. The only thing I've noticed is that after a country is devastated by a war (losing all armies and agreeing to pay tribute), they don't rebuild armies to fight off rebels and barbarians that may be capturing their lands. Though if someone declares war on them, they'll start building.

If they have armies, they fight off rebels and barbarians. But I think they only build armies depending on threats of invasion by other countries. I guess with a truce in place after a war, war exhaustion high, and manpower rebuilding, they decide they don't need an army immediately.

I've been playing on normal difficulty though. I think in the old EU games, higher difficulty meant more aggressive AI (almost like playing other players), while lower difficulty meant more relaxed AI (more like the countries are behaving realistically, rather than taking every opportunity to expand by defeating weaker neighbors). So maybe it's less of an issue on higher difficulty.

Last edited:
Hi
And I think that sucks. It stills need a lot of patching. Must be the most negligent work they have released.
It also hasty in the details. It's a pity....

And what about these quotes...please It's hard enough to follow the discussions here...

regards
Sherman

Hi
And I think that sucks. It stills need a lot of patching. Must be the most negligent work they have released.
It also hasty in the details. It's a pity....

And what about these quotes...please It's hard enough to follow the discussions here...

regards
Sherman
We are at 2.3beta now. Without the expansion I would not play EU:R. VV improves the game a lot. And the latest stable release patch (VV_2.2) polished the game as well.