• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vasious said:
This new Patch is Great!

As a thrid Party I was watch Carthage and Rome due it out to see whom would win... The both killed eaither other and ever in the end replaced by Numidian and Gallic Barbarians that set up new States where the old super powers once were

Lucky you.. In my Egypt game they've been allied all game long.

Mack the Knife said:
i'll put this in the tech forum too but since 1.3, i start a new game, select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes. it doesn't happen on all the resources, just one. for instance if it shows fish, iron, wood i'll hover over wood and iron and it will give me the tool tip, but when i hover over fish, the screen closes. anyone else have this? thanks!

i noticed that too...
and plz make time line longer... game ends at 730 AVC and its kind of sucks :( it feels like incomplete..

since this patch came out, once your badboy gets real high, the ai starts up the assassinations. they come from every where! the only way to stop it, is to go into your save game file and lower your badboy. dont think that was what the devs had in mind.

Last edited:
1.1 was the worst.

1.2 actually reduced the assassinations by raising the bad boy trigger from 30 to 30 plus your leader's finesse rating. Also, it added a two year waiting period if you are caught after a successful assasination, shrine defacement or rabble rousing event, further reducing the number of assasinations.

1.3 didn't change anything in this area AFAIK.

Edvardivs said:
1.3 didn't change anything in this area AFAIK.

rulers are now harder to assassinate with 1.3.

I am impressed so far with this latest incarnation. Currently Rome and Carthage are dominating the Western Med, but it won't last I feel.

Johan said:
we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.

... I don't want to bother Johan or someone else at Dev Team, but are there news about "translation files' travel" from Italy ? :D
I never thought that it would have been more difficult to walk across the Alps in the techno era than in Hannibal's age... :p

Any idea when the patch should be ready for the Mac version? Or is that solely in the realm of VP?

As a tease for me, what do the new resources do?

In 1.3, my game seems to crash frequently when attempting to agree foreign trade routes. Typically after a few consecutive contacts to create a foreign trade route, the game crashes. I never noticed this before 1.3, because there were so few opportunities to trade anything with other countries before the patch. Has anyone else experienced this crash?

The UI for creating a foreign trade route could be improved, too. Now one has to click the province first, then open diplomacy and contact the right country. Another annoying issue is that the province information window closes when diplomacy window opens. One can look at the map in trade mode to see where trades might be made, of course, but you can't see there what resources the provinces are receiving via trade. This is only visible in the province info window.

Apart from these, my only gripe is the too frequently occuring civil war reinforcement event, as well as the equally frequent deserter event that can be used to increase family prestige too quickly.

Great game - don't get me wrong. These are just for perfecting it. I'm especially fond of the humorous character events - who says history has to be dry! :D

Hi there.
Though I am HOI 2 fan,I did purchased Rome today,to shorten the time until the"Return of the King",meaning HOI III.

I want to express my surprise becouse patch for Rome is not available option to download in Gamersgate in "My games" menu.

I just by accident found 1.3 patch here on forum.
Since all other games I purchased until now trough gamersgate had patches downloadable from gamersgate, I allmost started Rome in belief there is no patch for it.!!!
In rubrick patches there is only "Direct x".downloadable.

Please note this and place 1.3. Patch as download in gamersgate.
Thanx.
BTW Rome looks great!

No other PI game so far has gotten a vanilla patch after the XP has been released. So I suspect you are out of luck.

Paradox's stated policy is that there be no more patches to a base game after an expansion is released.

Is there any chance in 1.3 to make province trade page stable?

When I select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes!
A few seconds is just too FAST.

When I bought the game in 1.0 I had no problem, now I installed 1.3 patch and WTH!

Any help?

Is there any chance in 1.3 to make province trade page stable?

When I select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes!
A few seconds is just too FAST.

When I bought the game in 1.0 I had no problem, now I installed 1.3 patch and WTH!

Any help?

Buy Vae Victus.