• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just tried to start up as Epirus. God damn, I love the changes. It's more historical now, and Epirus is a much larger treath to the romans. Love it. Makes both Rome and Epirus more interesting to play.

I like the patch, but lika all spanish users, I have a little problem with it: It seems that the new text lines introduced with the patch have not been added in the spanish language column of the localisation files, and placeholder reference text appear where the new text should be (new buttons, messages, etc).

nachinus said:
I like the patch, but lika all spanish users, I have a little problem with it: It seems that the new text lines introduced with the patch have not been added in the spanish language column of the localisation files, and placeholder reference text appear where the new text should be (new buttons, messages, etc).

yes.. we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.

Fig07 said:
Johan thanks for the patch.
i have a question, why we cant play after 730 AVC? are you going to make patch for that too?

That's sort of when the game ends

Johan said:
yes.. we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.

.... well, Johan, I know italian "Paradox-players" community is not so huge, but can we hope in a translation in italian language in the next days/weeks ? (I'm just looking at the map... OMG, Rome is our capital city.... after all :D :D )

The patch is not bad. I wonder why the most important improvement was not mentioned in the teasers. Guaranteeing nations, which is now possible, was one of the most important tools that the Romans used. It was already in EUIII and it spares you the stability hit. Now I think I can really play a diplomacy and war game.
And it is good that tributary states now cannot colonize. I guess this is directed against the Great Massilian Empire ;).

Johan said:

Well... And a french translation ? prevision date ? :(

I have started two games at 1.1.474 with the 1.3 patch installed.

In the first game, after a few days of game time, Carthage declared war on their new enemy Carnutes. :confused: In the second game it was their new enemy Sequani. :confused:

This seems odd to me. Is this WAD? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hail the new EU Rome! I just smeared the Macedonian king's reputation down to 2% popularity :D I seem to have gotten a CB out of it too, without losing my agent. Took me a while though...

The whole character system is far better now, so much more interesting and easy to follow.

Edvardivs said:
I have started two games at 1.1.474 with the 1.3 patch installed.

In the first game, after a few days of game time, Carthage declared war on their new enemy Carnutes. :confused: In the second game it was their new enemy Sequani. :confused:

This seems odd to me. Is this WAD? Has anyone else experienced this?

In my game as Rome, same start date as yours, they started a war with Illyria.

I have a question to Johan.

I have played a little bit after the patch. First I tried Epirus, and was positively surprised by the Phyrros event giving me the historical army of Epiros, with War Elephants etc. Then I tried Rome from the start, and hoped for a harder war vs. Magna Graecia and Epirus, but the event giving Epirus this new army didn't seem to happen. I was very disapointed, It was as easy as always to win the war as Rome.

So my question is: Is this greater army for Epiros event just something that happends from time to time, or just when a human plays Epiros? Is it a bug perhaps? In my opinion it should be a standard event, always occuring.

Last edited:
Johan said:
I am interested in how this is done. Where do you send your writing that needs to be translated. Do you contact a university or a freelancer, or do you send it to the government :eek:

Andy_Dandy said:
I have a question to Johan.

I have played a little bit after the patch. First I tried Epirus, and was positively surprised by the Phyrros event giving me the historical army of Epiros, with War Elephants etc. Then I tried Rome from the start, and hoped for a harder war vs. Magna Graecia and Epirus, but the event giving Epirus this new army didn't seem to happen. I was very disapointed, It was as easy as always to win the war as Rome.

So my question is: Is this greater army for Epiros event just something that happends from time to time, or just when a human plays Epiros? Is it a bug perhaps? In my opinion it should be a standard event, always occuring.

it happens alot of times.. but not always.

Balor said:
it happens alot of times.. but not always.

OK, thanks for the quick response this late.

I would really prefer it to happen in every game, it was one of the changes I was really happy about (among all the others in this great patch), and it's historical.

It's also preferable for the multiplayer games that this is not so random, or best of all; not random at all.

Last edited:
FmrPFCBob said:
In my game as Rome, same start date as yours, they started a war with Illyria.

Well, after three cohorts marched north to Sequani and were lost in the forest, Carthage turned their attention to Epirus.

Everything seems normal now.

I just thought it was odd that the warmongers in Carthage would choose to attack Gaulish barbarians and wondered if the tweaking of the AI had allowed for some illogical choices.

In my current Egypt game Carthage has eaten up most of the Gaulish tribes, while Masilla and Rome own the rest (Masillia has taken some of the British tribes as well). The Seleucids have also taken some odd provinces in the middle of nowhere that were obviously one province states previously. This is maybe at half-played game.