+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 is now out..

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Vasious
    This new Patch is Great!

As a thrid Party I was watch Carthage and Rome due it out to see whom would win... The both killed eaither other and ever in the end replaced by Numidian and Gallic Barbarians that set up new States where the old super powers once were
    Lucky you.. In my Egypt game they've been allied all game long.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mack the Knife
    i'll put this in the tech forum too but since 1.3, i start a new game, select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes. it doesn't happen on all the resources, just one. for instance if it shows fish, iron, wood i'll hover over wood and iron and it will give me the tool tip, but when i hover over fish, the screen closes. anyone else have this? thanks!

i noticed that too...
    and plz make time line longer... game ends at 730 AVC and its kind of sucks it feels like incomplete..

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

since this patch came out, once your badboy gets real high, the ai starts up the assassinations. they come from every where! the only way to stop it, is to go into your save game file and lower your badboy. dont think that was what the devs had in mind.
    Last edited by kentul01; 18-08-2008 at 03:31. Reason: misspelling

1.1 was the worst.

1.2 actually reduced the assassinations by raising the bad boy trigger from 30 to 30 plus your leader's finesse rating. Also, it added a two year waiting period if you are caught after a successful assasination, shrine defacement or rabble rousing event, further reducing the number of assasinations.

1.3 didn't change anything in this area AFAIK.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Edvardivs
    1.3 didn't change anything in this area AFAIK.
    rulers are now harder to assassinate with 1.3.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Shoudn't this thread become a sticky?
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Roman Catholicism
    Ideology: Centrist
    Current Playthrough: CK2, Latin Empire

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I am impressed so far with this latest incarnation. Currently Rome and Carthage are dominating the Western Med, but it won't last I feel.
    curtis: I'm not even going to bother with this thread. The skids to hell have already been greased on this baby.

Brain Surgery - The AAR!

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.
    ... I don't want to bother Johan or someone else at Dev Team, but are there news about "translation files' travel" from Italy ?
    I never thought that it would have been more difficult to walk across the Alps in the techno era than in Hannibal's age...
    "Someday,someway I may see a wonderland. Don't you,won't you say that we'll be free again..."

Any idea when the patch should be ready for the Mac version? Or is that solely in the realm of VP?

As a tease for me, what do the new resources do?

Recruit
    Europa Universalis: Rome

In 1.3, my game seems to crash frequently when attempting to agree foreign trade routes. Typically after a few consecutive contacts to create a foreign trade route, the game crashes. I never noticed this before 1.3, because there were so few opportunities to trade anything with other countries before the patch. Has anyone else experienced this crash?

The UI for creating a foreign trade route could be improved, too. Now one has to click the province first, then open diplomacy and contact the right country. Another annoying issue is that the province information window closes when diplomacy window opens. One can look at the map in trade mode to see where trades might be made, of course, but you can't see there what resources the provinces are receiving via trade. This is only visible in the province info window.

Apart from these, my only gripe is the too frequently occuring civil war reinforcement event, as well as the equally frequent deserter event that can be used to increase family prestige too quickly.

Great game - don't get me wrong. These are just for perfecting it. I'm especially fond of the humorous character events - who says history has to be dry!

Where Is The Patch???? I Can't Find It To Download It????

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Nasdaq7
    Where Is The Patch???? I Can't Find It To Download It????
    There is a link to in in the first post of this thread

The Darkest Knight Darthvegeta800's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneLost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    SengokuRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sint-Genesius-Rode, Brabant, Belgium, 107877832566256, Sint-Genesius-Rode
    Will the base game 'Rome' get a few more patches? Or is all hope lost for the basegame without VV?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    No other PI game so far has gotten a vanilla patch after the XP has been released. So I suspect you are out of luck.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    52 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaAncient Space

Paradox's stated policy is that there be no more patches to a base game after an expansion is released.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Is there any chance in 1.3 to make province trade page stable?

When I select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes!
    A few seconds is just too FAST.

When I bought the game in 1.0 I had no problem, now I installed 1.3 patch and WTH!

Any help?
    Not a sig.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    Is there any chance in 1.3 to make province trade page stable?

When I select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes!
    A few seconds is just too FAST.

When I bought the game in 1.0 I had no problem, now I installed 1.3 patch and WTH!

Any help?
    Buy Vae Victus.
    "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"
    Quote from Sheltonious

Thumbs up nice

SO nice!!!!!!!

cant ****ing wait to get home!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is there a specific install order for installing Rome original and then vae victus and patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    Is there a specific install order for installing Rome original and then vae victus and patches?
    Install Rome.
    Install VV.
    Patch with VV 2.2.
    Lo, there do I see my father
    Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters
    and my brothers
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people back
    to the beginning
    Lo, they do call to me
    They bid me take place among them
    in the Halls of Valhalla
    Where the brave may live forever...