+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.3 is now out..

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Question 1.3 french version

hello
    this patch 1.3 is ok with french version ?
    Quand un guerrier souhaite la gloire, c'est la guerre qu'il désire.
    Sénèque

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I just tried to start up as Epirus. God damn, I love the changes. It's more historical now, and Epirus is a much larger treath to the romans. Love it. Makes both Rome and Epirus more interesting to play.

Homo ludens Demi Moderator nachinus's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I like the patch, but lika all spanish users, I have a little problem with it: It seems that the new text lines introduced with the patch have not been added in the spanish language column of the localisation files, and placeholder reference text appear where the new text should be (new buttons, messages, etc).
    "El mundo está cambiando, la música está cambiando, las drogas están cambiando. Incluso los hombres y las mujeres están cambiando. Dentro de mil años ya no habrá tíos ni tías, sólo gilipollas.
    Renton, Trainspotting

Mod EU:Rome - Ancient Warfare 1.05 para VV 2.32
    EU:Rome AAR: Crónicas Cornelias
    EU:Rome Vae Victis AAR: 'Anekdota': la Historia Secreta del Imperio Seléucida
    AARs Battle of Britain 2: Diarios del tiempo de las Águilas / Die Tage der Adler

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nachinus
    I like the patch, but lika all spanish users, I have a little problem with it: It seems that the new text lines introduced with the patch have not been added in the spanish language column of the localisation files, and placeholder reference text appear where the new text should be (new buttons, messages, etc).
    yes.. we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Johan thanks for the patch.
    i have a question, why we cant play after 730 AVC? are you going to make patch for that too?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fig07
    Johan thanks for the patch.
    i have a question, why we cant play after 730 AVC? are you going to make patch for that too?
    That's sort of when the game ends
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Victoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by King
    That's sort of when the game ends
    Shhh...don't tell him.

Sir, you must have an odd game.

Thanks again, I'm enjoying a game as Epieros right now.
    I LOVE PITH HELMETS

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    yes.. we did not recieve any translation files from spain, italy or france before the deadline. Only polish, german and english is supported atm.

.... well, Johan, I know italian "Paradox-players" community is not so huge, but can we hope in a translation in italian language in the next days/weeks ? (I'm just looking at the map... OMG, Rome is our capital city.... after all )
    "Someday,someway I may see a wonderland. Don't you,won't you say that we'll be free again..."

The patch is not bad. I wonder why the most important improvement was not mentioned in the teasers. Guaranteeing nations, which is now possible, was one of the most important tools that the Romans used. It was already in EUIII and it spares you the stability hit. Now I think I can really play a diplomacy and war game.
    And it is good that tributary states now cannot colonize. I guess this is directed against the Great Massilian Empire .

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Well... And a french translation ? prevision date ?
    Quand un guerrier souhaite la gloire, c'est la guerre qu'il désire.
    Sénèque

I have started two games at 1.1.474 with the 1.3 patch installed.

In the first game, after a few days of game time, Carthage declared war on their new enemy Carnutes. In the second game it was their new enemy Sequani.

This seems odd to me. Is this WAD? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hail the new EU Rome! I just smeared the Macedonian king's reputation down to 2% popularity I seem to have gotten a CB out of it too, without losing my agent. Took me a while though...

The whole character system is far better now, so much more interesting and easy to follow.

Major
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Edvardivs
    I have started two games at 1.1.474 with the 1.3 patch installed.

In the first game, after a few days of game time, Carthage declared war on their new enemy Carnutes. In the second game it was their new enemy Sequani.

This seems odd to me. Is this WAD? Has anyone else experienced this?
    In my game as Rome, same start date as yours, they started a war with Illyria.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition

I have a question to Johan.

I have played a little bit after the patch. First I tried Epirus, and was positively surprised by the Phyrros event giving me the historical army of Epiros, with War Elephants etc. Then I tried Rome from the start, and hoped for a harder war vs. Magna Graecia and Epirus, but the event giving Epirus this new army didn't seem to happen. I was very disapointed, It was as easy as always to win the war as Rome.

So my question is: Is this greater army for Epiros event just something that happends from time to time, or just when a human plays Epiros? Is it a bug perhaps? In my opinion it should be a standard event, always occuring.
    Last edited by Andy_Dandy; 14-08-2008 at 22:40.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    I am interested in how this is done. Where do you send your writing that needs to be translated. Do you contact a university or a freelancer, or do you send it to the government
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Dandy
    I have a question to Johan.

I have played a little bit after the patch. First I tried Epirus, and was positively surprised by the Phyrros event giving me the historical army of Epiros, with War Elephants etc. Then I tried Rome from the start, and hoped for a harder war vs. Magna Graecia and Epirus, but the event giving Epirus this new army didn't seem to happen. I was very disapointed, It was as easy as always to win the war as Rome.

So my question is: Is this greater army for Epiros event just something that happends from time to time, or just when a human plays Epiros? Is it a bug perhaps? In my opinion it should be a standard event, always occuring.
    it happens alot of times.. but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Balor
    it happens alot of times.. but not always.
    OK, thanks for the quick response this late.

I would really prefer it to happen in every game, it was one of the changes I was really happy about (among all the others in this great patch), and it's historical.

It's also preferable for the multiplayer games that this is not so random, or best of all; not random at all.
    Last edited by Andy_Dandy; 14-08-2008 at 23:40.

Homo ludens Demi Moderator nachinus's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I translated and added the missing spanish text, just in case anybody wants it until the real thing is ready:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=370332
    "El mundo está cambiando, la música está cambiando, las drogas están cambiando. Incluso los hombres y las mujeres están cambiando. Dentro de mil años ya no habrá tíos ni tías, sólo gilipollas.
    Renton, Trainspotting

Mod EU:Rome - Ancient Warfare 1.05 para VV 2.32
    EU:Rome AAR: Crónicas Cornelias
    EU:Rome Vae Victis AAR: 'Anekdota': la Historia Secreta del Imperio Seléucida
    AARs Battle of Britain 2: Diarios del tiempo de las Águilas / Die Tage der Adler

Quote Originally Posted by FmrPFCBob
    In my game as Rome, same start date as yours, they started a war with Illyria.
    Well, after three cohorts marched north to Sequani and were lost in the forest, Carthage turned their attention to Epirus.

Everything seems normal now.

I just thought it was odd that the warmongers in Carthage would choose to attack Gaulish barbarians and wondered if the tweaking of the AI had allowed for some illogical choices.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In my current Egypt game Carthage has eaten up most of the Gaulish tribes, while Masilla and Rome own the rest (Masillia has taken some of the British tribes as well). The Seleucids have also taken some odd provinces in the middle of nowhere that were obviously one province states previously. This is maybe at half-played game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast