• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gameplay

When I first started this AAR the intention was merely to play a game, albeit in an a-historical manner. Once I started writing I realised that the rationalisation I had chosen to make Germany more effective was a frightening one: Hitler unhampered by his lesser psychoses.

Many of the setbacks of Germany in WWII can be directly attributed by the (in)-actions of Hitler and his clique. His direct influence on the prgoress of the war and the use of resources was greater than that of Churchill or Roosevelt.

I decided to follow that premise to its conclusion and considered what might be a reason for this change. Then I considered what might be the additive effects of a 'sane' Hitler intelligently influencing the progress of the development of industry and the war.

Please note this is not my normal game style. I tend towards 'vanilla' on normal/normal.

Changes:

Minister Changes:

Alrfred Saalwächter now is a proponent of Power Projection Doctrine (This matches his strategic thought as well as Open Seas

Added two Tech teams in 1936:

Alfred Saalwächter: Skill 7, Naval Engineering, Naval Training, Carrier Tactics, Large Taskforce, Seamanship

DeShiMag: Skill 7: Electronics, Naval Engineering, Aeronautics, Tech Efficiency, Naval Artillery.

Added Tech efficiency to Krupp

Added two points to Göring (don't intend to use him, just to reflect his lack of addictions.)

Removed Tech teams:

Dönitz
Raeder
Blohm&Voss
Opel
Volkswagen

Leaders:

Remove old guards. Except: Von Epp, Hammerstein-Equord, Lutz, from whom OG trait has been removed. (Being old does not mean being hide-bound. Lutz did teach von Manstein, Rommel and Guderian.)

All these changes are 'roleplay inspired.'

A regular update should follow later today.

DW