+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Lite Stats

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Olaus Petrus
    Those stats are fooling you, I have maybe 5 or 6 real victories. Others are, for example, cases where I have been subbed in at the last day of the game. I don't count it as victory if I vote once. And I believe that even then that number is too high.
    Aye, these stats are misleading. Olaus really does suck.

...I mean, winning and losing isn't what makes a good WW player. My victory in Io! Io! Lukoi! wasn't much of a victory, and my defeat in (EDIT: no, that was Nielsen's) wasn't much of a defeat.

Still, it's interesting to see the stats. They should be expanded to include other things, like total number of games played, how often certain players are wolves, etc.
    Last edited by Thistletooth; 10-08-2008 at 22:45.

Nice to see some statistics, though I am afraid you have just landed yourself an enormous shitload of work
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

We had thread where Ironhead kept up statistics and he made distinction between real and substitute victories, which was better system. Now your current stats give false impression that I am better player than I am in reality.
    This thread which Quercus started contained the Ironhead statistics. Fortunately Quercus abandoned us and Ironhead's computer containing the statistics got fried just when the list looked as good as it ever will. I see no reason to start updating it again

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky
    Nice to see some statistics, though I am afraid you have just landed yourself an enormous shitload of work
    heheh nah For now I have much free time so I don't care

@ Thistle I agree I already started with that but that's much work
    so that could take a few weeks with my work rate

Resident Iranien Fanatic
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Thistletooth
    ...I mean, winning and losing isn't what makes a good WW player. My victory in Io! Io! Lukoi! wasn't much of a victory, and my defeat in (EDIT: no, that was Nielsen's) wasn't much of a defeat.
    I agree. Winning without having been a real part of the win isn´t a real win for me, and all three of my "wins" have been without any real help from my side. I did won in my very first game, but I had done nothing to make it happen. During the first 4 days or so, I was very quiet. Then I did some analysis and correctly pointed the finger at General Jac the wolf, but IIRC he was already scanned and a JL spokesperson came out shortly thereafter and denounced him. I then spent the next three days trying to get the JL spokesperson lynched I somehow won, but I had done nothing to aid in that victory. But perhaps I should get some credit for not getting myself killed dispite that little stunt

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

That is indeed true. It is for example relatively easy to cruise to victory as a villager if you don't make yourself a target for noose or teeth, while not putting in much or any effort at all. A glorious defeat can however, be much more thrilling and much more worthwhile. Naming all the wolves in the village before getting eaten would be a good example of this, most recently done by Lemeard.
    Support the right to arm bears My Lemeard Cookie for making a 4 way TIE
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    No, this is complex Lite with Euros Lemeards and jontis. - EUROO7
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by White Daimon
    I agree. Winning without having been a real part of the win isn´t a real win for me, and all three of my "wins" have been without any real help from my side. I did won in my very first game, but I had done nothing to make it happen. During the first 4 days or so, I was very quiet. Then I did some analysis and correctly pointed the finger at General Jac the wolf, but IIRC he was already scanned and a JL spokesperson came out shortly thereafter and denounced him. I then spent the next three days trying to get the JL spokesperson lynched I somehow won, but I had done nothing to aid in that victory. But perhaps I should get some credit for not getting myself killed dispite that little stunt
    I believe that JL spokesman was me, and the fact that you were not lynched was proof that bastard though I am, I do show mercy.
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Still, it's interesting to see the stats. They should be expanded to include other things, like total number of games played,
    I'd say the biggie would be the number of times a player's side won. Regardless of his specific win %, anything above 50% of the norm would show someone useful for his team.

how often certain players are wolves, etc.
    That would be kinda amusing, but it'd have to be GM specific to give any useful info, since the GMs should be randomizing everything anyway. But then, Opie is the only one who's GMed enough games to get past random chance. So it'd just be double-checking Opie's fairness
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . — John of Salisbury
    “ æ ð € £ § ¬ † ‡ ¹ ² ³ — · ˚ ſ ¡ ¿ ‽ ≈ ≠ ¶ • º ”

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by jonti-h
    That is indeed true. It is for example relatively easy to cruise to victory as a villager if you don't make yourself a target for noose or teeth, while not putting in much or any effort at all. A glorious defeat can however, be much more thrilling and much more worthwhile. Naming all the wolves in the village before getting eaten would be a good example of this, most recently done by Lemeard.
    I cruise quite often.

But still, I'm ranked in the top ten.
    EDIT: Wait, I'm eleven. Oh well, the below still applies.
    I'm ahead of some people who I really respect in this game. Some players who are much, much better than me.
    I'm smart enough to know that I'm stupid
    Member of the ahistoric association
    My Hebrew Uganda AAR!- Weekly AAr showcase, 26-07-2007! - Winner, Best HoI Narrative AAr Q4 2007. Over & done with. Kinda completed.
    Fan of the Week, 12-8-07; and 12-10-08
    Earned a Kiss on the Cheek for Participation in the Trial of Fijj
    Fijj also gave me this moldy cookie for guessing his name-

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Werewolf Lite Games

* 4 wins:
    o jonti-h VI, XI, XII, XV
    o von Loch Ness VI, VII, XI, XII
    jonti, I guess we fare well together
    (or maybe i just didn't do abnormal things when i first started playing)

edit:
    The Ironhead Quotient

1. johho888: 45.4
    2. von Loch Ness: 45.4
    3. jonti-h: 45.1
    What does this distinction mean?
    dammit... when did i lose my mojo?

Pater Familias of WW-forum Rysz's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn
    I'd say the biggie would be the number of times a player's side won. Regardless of his specific win %, anything above 50% of the norm would show someone useful for his team.
    This.
    Actually the difference between a personal victory and a team victory is the reason why some players tend to be quiet. Because current lite game proves it one more time: active players get wolf-killed, and/or village-lynched.

So some players will therefore be quiet and win because of that, while the better, more active players, die during the game, but still give the village enough clues to win it (hopefully)
    WW-lite: Villager (22) Wolf (12) Seer (6). Of which; Draw (1), Eaten (11) as seer (3), Lost otherwise (5), Lynched as wolf (11), as villager (4), as seer (1)
    Won as villager in WWL LXXX: The Grey Coat, WWL XCIC: Snow Crash and WWL C: Code Geass. Won as seer in WWL LXXXIX: The Dark Knight and WWL CXXXI. Won as WOLF in WWL CLX

-------------
    WW: Wolf (4) Cultist (3) Hunter (2) Witness (2), Villager (3), Rival (1), Liar (1). Of which; Lynched as wolf (3), as cultist (2), as witness (2), Eaten as villager (1), as Liar (1), lost as rival (1)
    Subbing Winning Wolf in WW XXXVIII (Thistletooth), Subbed Winning Hunter in WW XXXIX: Cavemen (Olaus Petrus), Winning Cultist in WW XL
    Winning Hunter in WW XLIII: Escape from Monkey Island, Winning Cursed Seer's Apprentice in Ironhead's The Game of Werewolf (XLIX)

-------------
    Svenska Varulv: Bybor (1), Rival Kultist (1), en siare. Vann som en bybo i Varulv XIII, en siare i Varulv XV

Manos, the Hands of Fate Freebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lemeard
    I can do another one after Freebot's. (He was in line, right?)
    Actually, if the goodies win this game, I'll postone until it becomes clear whether the 15 players/3 wolves/1 seer/day (or equivalently 16 players/3 wolves/1 seer/night) is balanced. If balance is achieved, then I won't bother with it at all.
    I survived until the seventh day in Werewolf III: Apocalypse Howl, but all I got was this lousy line to put in my signature!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freebot
    Actually, if the goodies win this game, I'll postone until it becomes clear whether the 15 players/3 wolves/1 seer/day (or equivalently 16 players/3 wolves/1 seer/night) is balanced. If balance is achieved, then I won't bother with it at all.
    Eh... don't we already have stats showing it's balanced?

Or do you want to join the campaign to bring back the sorc too?
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    . — John of Salisbury

My Inkwell

Manos, the Hands of Fate Freebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn
    Eh... don't we already have stats showing it's balanced?

Or do you want to join the campaign to bring back the sorc too?
    My direction for balancing is somewhat different. Are you saying you have stats for HDK's current setup?
    I survived until the seventh day in Werewolf III: Apocalypse Howl, but all I got was this lousy line to put in my signature!

Blog Entries
    My direction for balancing is somewhat different.
    Well, then, feel free to try your idea, too.

Personally, I would imagine that 2-wolf packs would be rather hard to pin down and a game with no seer would quickly degenerate into a pretty boring random/meta circular firing squad where no one has any information, no one can pretend to have any information, and the wolves' survival depends entirely upon luck.

But it couldn't hurt for variety.

Are you saying you have stats for HDK's current setup?
    With an added sorc for the baddies, yes.

That would be another useful rubrik - win/loss by setup.
    . — John of Salisbury

My Inkwell

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

My direction for balancing is somewhat different. Are you saying you have stats for HDK's current setup?
    There are 8 previous games with that set up. 4 goodie and 4 baddie victories.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

There are 8 previous games with that set up. 4 goodie and 4 baddie victories.
    Sounds balanced to me

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jonti-h
    Sounds balanced to me
    good

anyway about the stats I agree that they show a wrong picture but hey
    in RL it's no different. Most of the time it's about the result not th road....

Also In todays game to win a player needs to find balance. Most vocal players get killed, I personally disapprove of that, but that's how it is. We can strive to change that by getting more vocal, but that will take time.
    For now players who adapt to the new system win, like Slinky or Raczynski who are semi-active. but they do have 3 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk
    anyway about the stats I agree that they show a wrong picture but hey
    in RL it's no different. Most of the time it's about the result not th road....
    Yeah statistics are often used like a drunk uses a lamppost. For support rather than illumination

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome Gold
    Sword of the StarsWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    We need an update here
    Owner of a Phoenix Cookie Owner of two Wämö purple hats. ●● Ägare av 1847 soos-minnesmärken av 12:e graden! Owner of a Imperial Socialist P Ribbon
    Won WW games: WWL I Swedish, Werewolf Lite LXXXVI: Nielsen Ratings, Werewolf Lite LXXXVII: The Murderers of Pandinium (GM), Werewolf Lite LXXXIX: The Dark Knight, Varulv VI: Trettioåriga kriget (GM), Werewolf Lite XC: The Olympics, Werewolf Lite LXCI - Star Wars, Varulv VIII: Amerikanska inbördeskriget (GM), Werewolf Lite XCVII: The Kalmar War (GM), Werewolf Lite XCVIII: The Lemeards (GM), Varulv XIII: Den Stora Rättegången, Varulv XIV: Europa Universalis, Werewolf Lite CII: The War, Werewolf Lite CIII: The G17, Werewolf Lite CIV: Royal Rumble, Varulv XVI: Snapphanarna (GM), Varulv XVIII: Palace & Main, Werewolf Lite CVIII: Euro's Revenge, Werewolf Lite CXXIV: When the Vikings where out, Werewolf Lite CXXV: Gladiator Games , Werewolf Lite CXXVII: Zorro, Werewolf Lite CXXXVI: Fight Club, Werewolf Lite CXLIV: I Can Has Werewolf?, Werewolf Lite CXLV: Nahual, Werewolf Lite CLV: Rise of Computer Giants, Werewolf Lite CLVII - The village (GM), Werewolf Lite CXCIV: Football Manager

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast