• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bonus

(what didnt fit in the last post)

Our siamese friends return once more.

xix4.jpg

They too are taught how dangerous the mediterranean has become.

Oh, what good news could they have brought?

Perhaps the Philippines are finally secured?

Vaa7.jpg

Or has the invasion of Burma begun?

Vaa8.jpg

(how many british flags can you find?)

Italian state of affairs in '43
Vaa0.jpg

Manpower down to 440 might look bad, but weve been caughin up a lot of infatry.

Vaax2.jpg

zxzxzxzx.jpg

Were now half of germany! And somehow, somewhere they lost 29 divisions.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Vaax4-1.jpg

And this one?

Vaax5-1.jpg

(besides this)
Vaax6.jpg

Intelligence estimates the brits still have

Vaa1.jpg

If that were true, then wed still be brawling.

Vaa2.jpg

Hopefully they overestimate the soviets too. Then we can win.

Also we could coup britain.

xix2.jpg

Fortress Europe?

axzxzxzxz.jpg

Southern France is well defended.

Vaa4.jpg

North is just asking for it.

And its no wonder germany isnt doing good in the east.

Vaa5.jpg

Yes: von Rundstedt, von Leeb, von Kluge, von Brauchitsch, von Bock - half their military geniuses are still vacationing. Guess they dont want to freeze their asses off in Russia. Cant blame em.

Middelkerke: The strategic bombing (which is over now) knocked out my infantry tech several times. So '43 infantry still researching. Otherwise were doing pretty good. Got +6 '43 INF (with ART) +2 MOT +1 ARM from the german Tunisia force. :)

理想的中国: I have to underestimate them to keep the spirits up.

Gigalocus: Just where we want em, hopefully.

Lord_D: All of Africa is abandoned, it would be pointless to hold it while the allies are marching trough france and eastern europe.. or italy.

Last edited:
Was it Worth It?

Bad news from the front.

Ml1.jpg

Himmler, the fourth honorary general of the regia esercito has abandoned us. He left during the night, without a single word. Why would he do so? We do not know.

The cook blames himself: "I put too much salt in his pasta!"

The men had grown to love and fear the general. He had, all things considering, brushed aside overwhelming bolševik hordes. Also some deeds from his past had reached our ears.
"I dont know about this Himmler fellow, why is a german leading us?"
"Do not question herr Himmler!"
"Why not, what has he accomplished?"
"He.. he was once a chicken farmer."
"But.. then he can do anything!"
"My thoughts exactly."

Ml2.jpg

Our offensive on the other hand is going well.

A russian officers brings news of this to his commander:
"Sir, the Italians are dangerously close to Bagdad. We have no forces to defend the city. Should they contin-"
"Private.. do you not remember comrade Stalins orders?"
"Yes, we are to take the Arabian desert before christmas, but-"
"And we will take it!"
"Sir, but we-"
"One more word out of you and Ill have you thrown to the dogs, private!"
"... what dogs?"
"Get out!!"

Ml3.jpg

A little toward the north we are doing fine aswell.

Ml4.jpg

But we were foolish to hope that such an important city like Baku would fall without a struggle.

Ml5.jpg

At Stalingrad Graziani is valiantly holding the russians back.

We also learn what kind of war this is.

Ml6.jpg

The russians are actually fighting to the last man. One german division too.

Ml7.jpg

This is madness.. we lack the manpower to play such a game.

Ml8.jpg

So we play our own.

Ml9.jpg

The soviets in North-Syria go crazy after hearing theyve been cut off. They attack at all sides.

MM0.jpg

But it means nothing.

MM1.jpg

As we start mopping up the desert

MM2.jpg

News arrive from Baku - the city has fallen!

MM3.jpg

Russians without fuel,

MM6.jpg

without food,

MM5.jpg

without water

MN2.jpg

and vodka.. they are no match for us.

MM7.jpg

While the british havent lost their touch. Most of their army - yes, but not their touch. Their surprise attack on Alexandria cut our whole army of supplies. All divisions drop from 100% to 99%. Oh, they are clever ones.

MM4.jpg

Still madness on the eastern front.

Mussolini just doesnt get it.

MM8.jpg

How can they close up on Moscow after successful russian offensives?

MM9.jpg

In the winter, with so few divisions?

Our allies, its seems, have spent too much time with these barbarians.

MO0.jpg

Becaus they too now fight like lunatics.

Our plan had been to take arabia, then get out. Then it was retake arabia and pass through. But with our army burning so much fuel..

MN5.jpg

we are forced to hold on to it.

The allied leaders have a secret meeting in the last place wed expect -

MO1.jpg

Teheran.

And so '43 closes.

All three generals have different opinions on what to do.

MO4.jpg

Vercellino:"We must pocket the russian army in north iran and secure our oil supply, then move north."

MO5.jpg

Vercellino: "No, we must take Stalingrad, secure the caucasus, then move north.

And Pintor, either the most ambitious or playing it safe, Mussolini isnt sure: "No, deploy everything north, Now! We wont get a second chance like this.. Moscow and then the russian army in poland. All else is marginal!"

Decisions, Decisions...

interesting

nice job really sticking it to the soviets.

that might be the boost needed to have things swing in the favor of the axis.

i'm not surprised about the brit actions to reclaim alexandria. they are after all in possession of the med. i know you said the loss of finland was a major loss to the axis, but the way i see it, the loss of our navy was first major loss for the axis here.

the regia marina WAS the axis europe's navy, as far as i'm concerned. without it, the allies have the seas. and that just ain't cool. we are going to have serious problems in the future without being able to move things by sea.

bal

Does Germany have enough troops to succeed in the North on it's own. If so then launch an offensive in southern Russia to secure Stalingrad and the Caucasus. If Germany lacks the troops to defeat Russia's Northern Army then you must assist them in there conquest.

It would be foolish to try an offensive in December 28.Move your army to north and help germans defending their position against soviet offensive.
Don't let allied planes fly over your country and bomb your industry.Give air superiority missions to Interceptors and Fighters.
And "0:00 December 2 1943 : USA had We'll show em all how to conduct an invasion!"

...gulp

VordHosbn said:
It would be foolish to try an offensive in December 28.Move your army to north and help germans defending their position against soviet offensive.

I agree with waiting until Spring for an offensive. But If the Germans can hold their own against the Russian in the North then move the army to the South and attack Stalingrad I the Spring.

Carlito Gambino: Im hoping to pocket another 20-30 soviet divisions in North-Iran. That would be perfect.

The Balbinater: Heh, true, but losing the med was inevitable once the US navy hopped in.

Wolf Of Norway: Thanks, I need all the luck I can get.

Cpt Rossi: Germany has very few troops, they only got to Moscow becaus the soviets concentrated most of theirs on Poland-Lithuania.

VordHosbn: If I help them defend, then the enemy will counter by bringing lots of divisions to Moscow.

Von Perkele: Oh, yes, trance mixes will boost our morale!

The way Im seeing it.. everything is cool if I can secure the southern front. But defeating 20-30 div in mountains is difficult. Im down to 5000 oil, I checked Germany, they have 7000.. Should we loose Baku-Iran-Iraq then weve lost the war.

'44 will be the hardest year yet. Iran. Moscow. D-Day...

Hope it will not do what happen in ALL my non german game in WIF: German doesn't defend France, USA land 20 division in 44 and conquer all Germany in 2 months...

bugger all the pictures have gone.